Mavic 2 Pro - Tripod 'Rotate' Mode?
2280 8 2020-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eppidrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163422 ft
United States

Hey all...I do a lot of video with my Mavic, but I cannot for the life of me find a way to hold the drone in one spot and slowly rotate around 360 degrees. Sort of like a 'reverse orbit'...
I find that flying to areas and giving that 360 degree video view is very useful, but I have to manually hold the sticks and that often ends up jumpy and not very smooth. I feel like there has to be a flight mode that will do this...
...can anyone point me in the right direction?

2020-2-6
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Have you checked the options in the mission/waypoint 2.0 features? I do not have a Mavic 2, but waypoint 2 may offer a 360 turn at the waypoints!
2020-2-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

And even if not, you could use POI and let the drone rotate very near around that one, to get your 360 view ;-)
2020-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day eppidrone. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching our. You may try using one of the DJI Mavic Pro's Intelligent Flight Mode for you to be able to do this process. When using the Point of Interest, the said drone will orbit around the subject automatically to allow the pilot can be more focus on framing their shoot on the subject in Point of Interest. Thank you.
2020-2-10
Use props
eppidrone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 15:50
Hello and good day eppidrone. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching our. You may try using one of the DJI Mavic Pro's Intelligent Flight Mode for you to be able to do this process. When using the Point of Interest, the said drone will orbit around the subject automatically to allow the pilot can be more focus on framing their shoot on the subject in Point of Interest. Thank you.

See the link here...it's not orbiting AROUND an object I want to do. I want the drone to stay in one spot and slowly turn all the way around:   https://vimeo.com/410872127/3c2cd5474f
2020-4-22
Use props
eppidrone
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2-9 04:56
Have you checked the options in the mission/waypoint 2.0 features? I do not have a Mavic 2, but waypoint 2 may offer a 360 turn at the waypoints!

I've looked through and tried all of the features...including waypoints. I'm sure there's a way to 'rig' one of them to do this, but I would assume there has to be an easier (built in?) way that I'm just not seeing...
2020-4-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

eppidrone Posted at 4-22 19:52
I've looked through and tried all of the features...including waypoints. I'm sure there's a way to 'rig' one of them to do this, but I would assume there has to be an easier (built in?) way that I'm just not seeing...

I agree, there should be some easy setup for it

But till you find one, back to :  a "minimum distance" orbit.
Have you tried that?
I'd say it is a good workaround to circle around the "not POI" and do your 360.
Here you have several options for a 360:
cam directed with no angle to "poi"
cam the opposite direction
cam pointing along the circle

3 different 360's, test it out!

;-)
2020-4-23
Use props
eppidrone
lvl.2
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-23 02:54
I agree, ther4e should be some easy setup fo it

But till you find one, back to :  a "minimum distance" orbit.

So just to make sure I'm clear...you're saying basically position the drone on top of where the POI is and direct it straight down at it so it circles (but very minimally) and then point the camera out?
2020-4-23
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

eppidrone Posted at 4-23 07:06
So just to make sure I'm clear...you're saying basically position the drone on top of where the POI is and direct it straight down at it so it circles (but very minimally) and then point the camera out?

I just watched the DJI video.
And I may be on the wrong POI mode here!
I Do not have a Mavic 2, just the POI that I know, works like mentioned!
So you will have to test it, anyway

The main question is: Does the GPS-POI on the Mavic 2 Pro works like I think it is.

The "frame-mode"POI  is in need, to focus the cam on to the Object.

But the GPS-POI should give you the freedom, to position the cam like you want.
You need to fly a couple of meters away, before it would start to circle
But because the POI is set by the GPS, the Cam should be free to move.
Which should, at least, work for the "bird points towards POI"
But for older  birds it also works like "point the bird and cam in any direction you want", it will circle the GPS-POI, no matter what!

I think, at least worth a try!
2020-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules