IMU Calibration won't start
12Next >
39744 50 2020-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Divyesh Solanki
New

India

Hi, I just bought mavic mini i installed a dji fly app in android mobile and start drone to connect with controller but i got an error (code-30050) because i got a notification on top left corner that "IMU calibration required" then i opened compass calibration i have done it but IMU calibration won't start with android so that i have tried with an ios application but it won't start, so plz help me to fix this problem.
2020-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2. After this step is complete kindly try to do the IMU calibration. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-2-6
Use props
Benjamien
lvl.1
Belgium

I have the exact same problem. I did the firmware update but I still can't start the IMU calibration (nothing happens when I hit the 'start button in the app. Both on android and ios) (these are the error codes I got: 40012, 30050, 30055 )
2020-3-20
Use props
cybermessiah
lvl.2
Taiwan

I just got a replacement drone after my first drone ditched into the ocean. On setting up the new drone I got an 'Incompatable Gimble Data' error on my FLy app that required a IMU callibration.....exactly the same scenario....the start button would do nothing. After researching and DJI suggestions to return the AV I came across a weird suggested solution... Slap the AV on its back a couple times. AS its an expensive piece of kit...was reluctant to do so....but had tried everything else. So I powered off the drone.....slapped it a couple times on the top...turned it back on and, couldn't believe it... the damned thing worked...didnt even ask me to reset the IMU...  This is the thread that I found to suggest this fix....
If ur brave enough to try it as a last means, of course.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=202156
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/imu-calibration-wont-start.77173/

2020-3-20
Use props
Benjamien
lvl.1
Belgium

cybermessiah Posted at 3-20 05:46
I just got a replacement drone after my first drone ditched into the ocean. On setting up the new drone I got an 'Incompatable Gimble Data' error on my FLy app that required a IMU callibration.....exactly the same scenario....the start button would do nothing. After researching and DJI suggestions to return the AV I came across a weird suggested solution... Slap the AV on its back a couple times. AS its an expensive piece of kit...was reluctant to do so....but had tried everything else. So I powered off the drone.....slapped it a couple times on the top...turned it back on and, couldn't believe it... the damned thing worked...didnt even ask me to reset the IMU...  This is the thread that I found to suggest this fix....

I did it. And it worked! Unbelievable... Thanks!
2020-3-20
Use props
djiuser_VjKD1jYq46xx
New
Flight distance : 758205 ft
United States

hey man, I had the same problem last week, and I turned my drone off and took propellers off of it, smacked the drone exactly three times on the nose where I close the camera/gimbal, and it worked!!!

I was considering to ship the drone back to DJI tech support, but when I called them they told me its totally a problem from the outside of the drone, they told me to send it to them, so they could check it out and fix it with my extra payment. I say no way and got onto this site, found an answer to the problem, and couldn't believe that smacking something almost expensive fixes everything!
2020-4-19
Use props
djiuser_Hn4jmSfmoSmE
New

United States

This 100% worked for me. Thumped it three times in the nose with the heel of my hand. I was so frustrated, I was happy to and Voilá! I see there are a lot of other people this has worked for. No one seems to know WHY it works but it does. Whaddya want for $500?
2020-5-17
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Funny I have IMU won't finish haha
2020-5-17
Use props
sparkyfarkylive.com.au
New
Flight distance : 3707 ft
Australia

OMG!! This is my exact problem on my 2nd time flying and flu only for 20mins on my first flight...
- i cannot press START
- try to calibrate camera on auto gets stuck on 10% and after 15mins or so i get overheat error! WTF!??
So DISSAPPOINTING!!
2020-6-5
Use props
sparkyfarkylive.com.au
New
Flight distance : 3707 ft
Australia

after reading problems further down, i tried the thumping few times on its head and it happen to freakn work again!
Thx!
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_9mcwDJTdn2BK
New

United States

Three slaps to the back really did fix it lol I can’t believe that really worked! Thank you!
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_RN5Q2NexTyTB
New

United States

It works for me too I hit it 3 times and after that it works
2020-6-29
Use props
djiuser_nsuCK1nHNvp3
New

India

Ditto, it worked for my drone as well... 3 small soft taps and error gone...
2020-7-28
Use props
djiuser_TH7HsFBVFGmW
New

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-6 10:15
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using the DJI Assistant 2. After this step is complete kindly try to do the IMU calibration. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBLAweLpXo

Hey, Just bought it. Not able to imu calibrate, error show 30055, 30050 with samsung S20 Plus. I Have done both software update from Dji Fly app. Try to do with iphone 7 plus but no result. I have click on start button but its not even responding. I don't know what to do.
Any suggestions..?
Plz help me with this. Tried from last 2 days.
2020-7-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_TH7HsFBVFGmW Posted at 7-30 02:02
Hey, Just bought it. Not able to imu calibrate, error show 30055, 30050 with samsung S20 Plus. I Have done both software update from Dji Fly app. Try to do with iphone 7 plus but no result. I have click on start button but its not even responding. I don't know what to do.
Any suggestions..?
Plz help me with this. Tried from last 2 days.

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know where did you purchase this DJI Mavic Mini? Prior from getting this error message did the drone drop or was it hit by something? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-30
Use props
Cynicelectronic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 105837 ft
Ireland

Same problem. I hit into my knee gently, after that, I can start the calibration, rubbish. I don't expect from the biggest Drone Manufacturer in the world. It's a shame. It's pretty expensive for me, (I'm poor) for that faulty toy.   I don't recommend.
2020-8-8
Use props
djiuser_cppBfu5MySgA
New

Bosnia and Herzegovina

I just got a replacement drone after my first drone ditched into the ocean. On setting up the new drone I got an 'Incompatable Gimble Data' error on my FLy app that required a IMU callibration.....exactly the same scenario....the start button would do nothing. After researching and DJI suggestions to return the AV I came across a weird suggested solution... Slap the AV on its back a couple times. AS its an expensive piece of kit...was reluctant to do so....but had tried everything else. So I powered off the drone.....slapped it a couple times on the top...turned it back on and, couldn't believe it... the damned thing worked...didnt even ask me to reset the IMU...  This is the thread that I found to suggest this fix....

Ooh for me was giving few errors like IMU error and other like need to calibrate and I read your comment and did was you said, last night it didn't work, few minutes ago I tried the same thing with slapping few times and I shocked that all errors disappeared immediately, I turned it off then on and red light went, I tried to take it off and its working well, thanks a lot a lot a lot
2020-9-3
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting.  I guess since the IMU is essentially a combination of electro-mechanical sensors then jarring the imu chip will unstick something stuck from a previous physical event. I'd guess more the accelerometer bit than the gyroscope.  That's my theory anyway.
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_1VNJ6EWV5wDv
New

Finland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-6 10:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBLAweLpXo
It doesnt work even after that. I have new Mavic Mini and i cant even flight first time because i cant calipration IMU... When i try to start button, it doesn't work. Now that new Mavic Mini is just big joke so DJI group please tell how i can start that calipration?
2020-9-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_1VNJ6EWV5wDv Posted at 9-6 00:49
It doesnt work even after that. I have new Mavic Mini and i cant even flight first time because i cant calipration IMU... When i try to start button, it doesn't work. Now that new Mavic Mini is just big joke so DJI group please tell how i can start that calipration?

Hi. I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after completing these troubleshooting steps. This is not the experience we wanted you to have with your new DJI Mavic Mini. Since the issue still persists, it would be best to contact our DJI support team to further diagnose the caused of the issue, there may be something inside the drone that is causing this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-9-7
Use props
Twiddler
New
United States

Had a minor crash into a twig on a tree while flying, drone dropped into grass. Shouldn't have damaged anything, but I got the "Incompatible Gimbal Data" error that wouldn't go away (couldn't start an IMU calibration).

Bought a second Mini and had the same error!

Tried this trick and OH MY GOD!!!! it worked on both of them! BIG thanks to whoever figured that out!
2020-9-12
Use props
djiuser_jKT4qZ01o9vL
New

United States

3 slaps worked for me.. thats crazy lol
2020-9-12
Use props
Jay Prob
New

United States

Not going to lie... I NEVER comment in these forums but that hit 3 times ... worked and I just had to add to the testimonies in the case that there are any skeptics. Just try it.
2020-9-23
Use props
djiuser_nRnc5VvnxWQk
New
United States

Mine slapped me back!
2020-10-26
Use props
Nerds4Revenge
New
Flight distance : 36654 ft
Australia

I just got a replacement drone after my first drone ditched into the ocean. On setting up the new drone I got an 'Incompatable Gimble Data' error on my FLy app that required a IMU callibration.....exactly the same scenario....the start button would do nothing. After researching and DJI suggestions to return the AV I came across a weird suggested solution... Slap the AV on its back a couple times. AS its an expensive piece of kit...was reluctant to do so....but had tried everything else. So I powered off the drone.....slapped it a couple times on the top...turned it back on and, couldn't believe it... the damned thing worked...didnt even ask me to reset the IMU...  This is the thread that I found to suggest this fix....

I was going to do a flight today, but kept getting the same error. I tried power cycling and updating the firmware but no fix. I read this forum and as a last resort and a bit nervous I turned the drone off and gave it a couple of pats and the error is gone. LEGEND!!!!
2020-10-31
Use props
djiuser_hw3DeJ8VuJUg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 663356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I crashed my mini in the marsh upside down in 1” of water. Battery melted. I replaced imu and esc w/ribbon cable. Still won’t calibrate gps or imu. Help
7A2A5B1C-52CC-49DD-92FB-E655DE130C5A.jpeg
2020-11-3
Use props
Joey Fanthorpe
New

United Kingdom

Unbelievable... three slaps and back up and running. Thanks!
2020-11-5
Use props
djiuser_G90RntHKM4wE
New

Colombia

Three vigorous slaps on the back and it's working again. Thanks! I think I love you man.

This happened after I had to hand catch it and turn it upside down. I think this caused the IMU de-calibration.
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_RLbgAmX6zUJq
New

Sweden

I had the IMU problem aswell....3 firm slaps on the back with the drone turned off worked just fine. Gimble came online when i powerd back on. Thx for this stupid but effective fix! Wonder if this is how DJI does it when u send it to get repaired
2021-1-24
Use props
fansf06a151e
New

Russia

Wow, had the same issue on my Dji Mini with the ICU calibration not even starting...3 taps and resolved the issue. Thanks for the tip
2021-3-27
Use props
aytacengin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 658937 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Dear Friend,

Solution 1: Slap your drone slowly Upper Side 3 times. If it will be start, you are very lucy.
Solution 2: Replace Imu Module with new one.
Firs of all, Check your Imu Module Model Number:  PP001325.05 BLD or BC.  
This is very important. USA and EU models are using diffrent module.
Solution 3: Replace Flex Cable. Sometimes, errors are coming from Demaged Cable

If none of the 3 solutions work, the problem is coming from your gimbal.

Solution 4 : Replace your gimbal.

2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_KiB4ugKVxdeN
New
Flight distance : 232336 ft
United Kingdom

I just have got my mavic mini for a week and I have lots of errors when turned on today. Gimbal stuck, IMU not calibration, no GPS. Do I need to send to dji?
2021-8-27
Use props
Jez Bee
New

United Kingdom

cybermessiah Posted at 2020-3-20 05:46

Was about to throw drone in bin so had nothing to loose. Four hardy slaps on the back of the drone and bingo one working drone
2021-9-6
Use props
Jez Bee
New

United Kingdom

cybermessiah Posted at 2020-3-20 05:46

Was about to throw drone in bin so had nothing to loose. Four hardy slaps on the back of the drone and bingo one working drone
2021-9-6
Use props
djiuser_PR4gkhp0Ftsh
New

Lithuania

hi. acc2 data error. how i can fix this? i tried recalibrate the imu and compass, but this is not helps. i also tried refresh the software with pc. please help. mavic 2 zoom
2021-9-7
Use props
djiuser_Lpa6FhlLly6Z
lvl.1

United States

Sept 9, 2021… Slapping the drone in the topside fixed my error codes … holy smokes. I can’t believe it
2021-9-9
Use props
djiuser_zBw087nvOHms
New

United States

After reading these comments I tried giving it some smacks on the top and in the front... didn't work, so I thought I was going to have to send it in to DJI for repair. But then, since I figured I had nothing to lose, I really smacked it hard, almost abusing it. But that did the trick. So, if it doesn't work for you, make sure you're hitting it hard enough.
2021-12-30
Use props
fansf5c4c95b
New
Flight distance : 13123 ft
Singapore

Does anyone has solution on how to get past the IMU calibration? I'm stuck at stage 2/5 and it just won't continue. The drone had been in storage for 2 years. Haha!
16542537904824121367925444453225.jpg
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_DP2yhN8Z0mMj
New

Nigeria

I have updated my mavic mini firmware still the IMU has refused to calibrate nothing is happening at all it only starts at 1or 2℅ and shows calibrate fail sometimes it gets up to 15℅ and show calibration fail I don't know what to do please I also uninstall and install my shift fly app still the same thing, I have use the iOS still the same thing not working all it keep showing is IMU Calibration required please help me out, I have also calibrated it in an open space it doesn't still work
2022-7-13
Use props
djiuser_DP2yhN8Z0mMj
New

Nigeria

I have updated my mavic mini firmware still the IMU has refused to calibrate nothing is happening at all it only starts at 1or 2℅ and shows calibrate fail sometimes it gets up to 15℅ and show calibration fail I don't know what to do please I also uninstall and install my shift fly app still the same thing, I have use the iOS still the same thing not working all it keep showing is IMU Calibration required please help me out, I have also calibrated it in an open space it doesn't still work
2022-7-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules