When will next update be?
3456 24 2020-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hankhill11
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518894 ft
United States

Just for discussions sake, not really about 'what i want dji to include' but simply; does anyoen haev any ideas on when they'll push out their next ap or firmware update for the MM?
2020-2-7
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

We are hoping "late" February 2020, but we will see.
2020-2-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Fingers crossed!
2020-2-7
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

I don't want to be ash, but currently my drone works fine, and I don't think DJI adds any interesting or new features in a new and upcoming update, so I don't care when they want to take it out. I do not think that DJI pays much attention to the requests that we have been claiming for so long these months.
2020-2-7
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

JM.REYES Posted at 2-7 05:24
I don't want to be ash, but currently my drone works fine, and I don't think DJI adds any interesting or new features in a new and upcoming update, so I don't care when they want to take it out. I do not think that DJI pays much attention to the requests that we have been claiming for so long these months.

Do you like the floating white balance in the video?
2020-2-7
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

JM.REYES Posted at 2-7 05:24

And how about altitude drops that some pilots suffer from?
2020-2-7
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

Partners, don't misunderstand me. I just say that what is most desired is what has been asking for a long time, among other things manual video settings, flight tracking modes, etc ... but let's be realistic, DJI's hierarchy and culture is very closed and difficult, I hope I'm wrong. Regarding the falls, we would have to analyze the flight records, I am not sure that it is a firmware failure, of 1000 users (dummy edition and only as an example), there is only 1% that has had this problem, so it You can see in this great forum, if it were a firmware failure, it would happen to EVERYONE, right? I have not had any problem with my drone today. As always, it's just my opinion, logically, we don't have to agree. Greetings.
2020-2-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Thank you for creating this post. As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding DJI Fly's and DJI Mavic Mini's future updates and release dates. Rest assure that our DJI R&D team will continuously send updates to improve user experience for the DJI Fly application and the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-2-7
Use props
chileanbyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489314 ft
United States

I am happy with mine so far. Some bugs here and there but thats expected. even my samsung galaxy s10 has issues sometimes. Except that one is not flying mid air

Anyhow. I am excited for future updates.
2020-2-7
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

DJI have a uncontrolled decent issue with the Mini, I hope they will be focusing on stability of the AC, assuming we get a fix for this issue any additional improvements will be a bonus for me.  Let hope the update come asap.
2020-2-7
Use props
Lipscombe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 507854 ft

Canada

JM.REYES Posted at 2-7 06:18
Partners, don't misunderstand me. I just say that what is most desired is what has been asking for a long time, among other things manual video settings, flight tracking modes, etc ... but let's be realistic, DJI's hierarchy and culture is very closed and difficult, I hope I'm wrong. Regarding the falls, we would have to analyze the flight records, I am not sure that it is a firmware failure, of 1000 users (dummy edition and only as an example), there is only 1% that has had this problem, so it You can see in this great forum, if it were a firmware failure, it would happen to EVERYONE, right? I have not had any problem with my drone today. As always, it's just my opinion, logically, we don't have to agree. Greetings.

Happened to me. And a lot of other people.  
2020-2-7
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I would hope to see something by the end of February, With the Corona virus affecting China and DJI is located in Shenzhen where almost all factories still remain closed due to the virus. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a skeleton crew keeping the ship a float during these times. If they have engineers in the US I'm sure they are doing there part for the entire DJI lineup but until China businesses are allowed to resume consider DJI to be a ghost facility.
2020-2-7
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

ABeardedItalian Posted at 2-7 09:58
I would hope to see something by the end of February, With the Corona virus affecting China and DJI is located in Shenzhen where almost all factories still remain closed due to the virus. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a skeleton crew keeping the ship a float during these times. If they have engineers in the US I'm sure they are doing there part for the entire DJI lineup but until China businesses are allowed to resume consider DJI to be a ghost facility.

Under the threat of a viral infection, one does not have to walk the streets, one has to sit in workplaces and work
2020-2-7
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

Lipscombe Posted at 2-7 09:53
Happened to me. And a lot of other people.

Perfect, you enter the percentage of people who have had that problem, which we would have to analyze. I insist, do not misunderstand me, at no time I am saying that it is not true, there is a real problem, but in a small percentage of users, so I do not believe that it is a software / firmware problem.
2020-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I just don’t think it’s going to be a priority yet, not sure if we will even see updates at all, maybe something to let us know if they think there are problems with mini .
2020-2-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-7 12:35
I just don’t think it’s going to be a priority yet, not sure if we will even see updates at all, maybe something to let us know if they think there are problems with mini .

My guess is that DJI is more focused on MA 3 and OP 2 than an update to MM.  I would not be surprised in the least if we don't see another update before mid to late March.  

Update to MM firmware or Fly App = $0 dollars into the company coffers.
Release MA 3 and OP 2 = major $ influx

DJI no longer has zero competition.  In order to keep money coming in at the rate they are used to DJI will undoubtedly continue to innovate and push new products to market, even faster than years past.  I'm afraid the "shelf life" of their drone models will continue to get shorter and shorter.  They appear to be following the proven way of the smartphone OEMs by trying their best to get you to upgrade annually but at least every 2 years.  Have you noticed how your smartphone battery's life is very diminished at the 2 year old timeframe?  Planned obsolescence.  With competition heating up in the drone world DJI has to continue to innovate and push new models out as quickly as possible.  
2020-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-7 13:34
My guess is that DJI is more focused on MA 3 and OP 2 than an update to MM.  I would not be surprised in the least if we don't see another update before mid to late March.  

Update to MM firmware or Fly App = $0 dollars into the company coffers.

Usually updates come when a few different products are due update, but most other products are well past updates, so you could be correct particularly on timing .
2020-2-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

JM.REYES Posted at 2-7 12:17
Perfect, you enter the percentage of people who have had that problem, which we would have to analyze. I insist, do not misunderstand me, at no time I am saying that it is not true, there is a real problem, but in a small percentage of users, so I do not believe that it is a software / firmware problem.

by no means am I the expert, there are far too many good people looking at the issues who can comment on the technical aspects.  but I have a good feeling there is an issue that needs to be resolved.  not because of the percentages who complain...but think about it like this:  the issue seems to appear only when a certain set of circumstances are encountered.  the typical flyer will not likely encounter the exact situation but when they do, it is possible (but still not likely) your drone will misbehave (crash to the ground) if you don't respond accordingly.  as such, the vast majority of us will not meet the situation in the first place and in the event we do, we seem to overcome.  but unfortunately some don't.

do you fix it or do you let it stay because only a few drones end up crashing?  you can make a thousand flights and own your drone on every flight but then one day your number comes up and your drone owns you.  when your drone crashes to the ground, how's that for the "odds" do you still feel like the percentages are low and you're ahead?  dji just needs to make a minor fix that helps to ensure everyone lives to fly another day. unfortunately  I'm a victim of the forum (my fault) and my confidence on this drone is a bit lower than it should be by now.  it doesn't matter how many good days you have, it's how to respond on that one bad day.  so far, I don't think we have seen much evidence that points to these bad days as happening only to those people who "deserve" it and the rest of us are "exempt."

do you like flying a drone that you know at any moment could fall out to sky thru no fault of your own but most likely never will?  I don't normally fly over the freeway (only next to it) but with Mavic Mini, I won't go anywhere near it.  not because someone could get hurt but because  I am painfully aware of the optics of a tiny toy drone bouncing off the rooftop of a speeding sedan.  my Mavic 2 zoom is solid, it can fly over mountains and oceans and lakes and canyons (none of which I live near).  my Mavic Mini, not so much.  you go anywhere near a bridge and it will either fly away or nose dive into the ground. /s
2020-2-7
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

The virus.... Not any time soon I guess. The current fw is ok though. Can fly and do the job. Just be cautious as you always should be.
2020-2-7
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

In China, coronavirus 2019-nCoV, extended holidays, many firms do not work....
And it is not known when they will work...
2020-2-8
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

The Saint Posted at 2-7 13:44
by no means am I the expert, there are far too many good people looking at the issues who can comment on the technical aspects.  but I have a good feeling there is an issue that needs to be resolved.  not because of the percentages who complain...but think about it like this:  the issue seems to appear only when a certain set of circumstances are encountered.  the typical flyer will not likely encounter the exact situation but when they do, it is possible (but still not likely) your drone will misbehave (crash to the ground) if you don't respond accordingly.  as such, the vast majority of us will not meet the situation in the first place and in the event we do, we seem to overcome.  but unfortunately some don't.

do you fix it or do you let it stay because only a few drones end up crashing?  you can make a thousand flights and own your drone on every flight but then one day your number comes up and your drone owns you.  when your drone crashes to the ground, how's that for the "odds" do you still feel like the percentages are low and you're ahead?  dji just needs to make a minor fix that helps to ensure everyone lives to fly another day. unfortunately  I'm a victim of the forum (my fault) and my confidence on this drone is a bit lower than it should be by now.  it doesn't matter how many good days you have, it's how to respond on that one bad day.  so far, I don't think we have seen much evidence that points to these bad days as happening only to those people who "deserve" it and the rest of us are "exempt."

Rectifying is wise, my teacher said. Leo is forums and in other posts, that most likely the problem is due to a BAD FIRMWARE INSTALLATION. The possible solution that theoretically they are giving, is to go back to 0.3 and reinstall the 0.4 again to solve part of the problems, especially that of unexpected falls. If this is the solution, I now understand why it happens to some users and not to others, me among them. On the other hand, if this is so, I find it very IRRESPONSIBLE for DJI to admit and let update, having a failure in the update, I would have to notify the user of the update failure and force start again, right? . Greetings to all.
2020-2-12
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

JM.REYES Posted at 2-12 11:08
Rectifying is wise, my teacher said. Leo is forums and in other posts, that most likely the problem is due to a BAD FIRMWARE INSTALLATION. The possible solution that theoretically they are giving, is to go back to 0.3 and reinstall the 0.4 again to solve part of the problems, especially that of unexpected falls. If this is the solution, I now understand why it happens to some users and not to others, me among them. On the other hand, if this is so, I find it very IRRESPONSIBLE for DJI to admit and let update, having a failure in the update, I would have to notify the user of the update failure and force start again, right? . Greetings to all.

Absolutely. If for example my drone is only updated 98% I must know...
I have done the updates with DI Assistant 2 after having issues, and still had drops the other day, that is the scary part...

I remember the Gimbal noise problem many of us had (not the majority), and it was fixed in FW 1.0.3...
DJI suggested to some users to return their drones.
They never stated this was a known issue and they were working on it (which IMHO is nothing wrong).
FW 1.0.3 fixed the problem for all of us.

My guess we wont know until more FW come and iron the issues.
2020-2-13
Use props
BL44ZR
lvl.1
Australia

Forgive me I'm new here, Is there a post for suggestions or to add weight to existing suggestions..? I want the MM to have "follow me" I'm not worried about collisions, I'll be careful.
2020-2-19
Use props
BL44ZR
lvl.1
Australia

BL44ZR Posted at 2-19 13:46
Forgive me I'm new here, Is there a post for suggestions or to add weight to existing suggestions..? I want the MM to have "follow me" I'm not worried about collisions, I'll be careful.

Sok I found it
2020-2-19
Use props
Mr Sepo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929334 ft
Australia

Probably about the time the remote tracking software is out. hahaha  
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now