THX!
2020-2-9
Use props
djharrisx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5718163 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Akirasho,

UAV Forecast, yes -- mainly for seeing when the next period of calm weather is on the horizon... which looks over a week away here at the moment.

The other 'must have' in the UK is Drone Assist which is produced on behalf of National Air Traffic Control Service (NATS) by Altitude Angel. From what I've seen in Youtube videos etc. it's the nearest equivalent we have to Kittyhawk. There's a screenshot from it in my reply to the 'Two For The Price Of One' thread.

As an aside, the NATS app is useful as it has subtly different boundaries to NFZs than UAV Forecast (the vaguest of all) and even DJI Fly. At least in my very limited experience that seems to be the case and given that they are a Government agency, I think the NATS maps are closest to being  definitive.

I've started uploading to Airdata, mainly to relive my flights. Hoping I won't need to use them anytime soon to diagnose a problem! I do get a bit of a kick out of seeing where my MM has been in 3D on Google Earth.

Regards,

Dave
2020-2-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation form our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Just a friendly reminder, please make sure to ensure safe flying using a 3rd party application since DJI is not liable if the drone might experience a problem using the 3rd party application. We highly recommend using the original application provided by DJI. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use all 3 of them just to make sure.
2020-2-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

You named the ones I used.  Ok to fly (by Air Data, B4UFly and UAV Forecast.
2020-2-9
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Apps + services I  use for and before flying.
Must use:
DJI Fly
Screen off
Mobizen screen recording
General use:
UAV
AirData UAV
Windy
I also check religiously that flight mode is on, that cache files in my S6 are deleted, mobizen files too, even though my S6 is dedicated to flying my mini.
Format SD card twice.
2020-2-9
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

oktofly.com is my favorit, simple and quick.
2020-2-9
Use props
FPS_Marsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 861293 ft
Australia

Personally i like AirData. loads of infomation and simple to use.
2020-2-9
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Anyone using Kittyhawk?
2020-2-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"What apps do you use to fly?"

If I have doubts about location (new takeoff location) in regards to possible source(s) of magnetic interference; I use one of 3rd-party iPhone Apps which show Gauss or microTessla field strength being picked up by iPhone's X,Y,&Z magnetic field sensors.  

Looking for a change from Earth's normal magnetic field strength for area.  Change can be a decrease, when ferrous metal is acting like a shield, or an increase when there is a magnetized source or source generating magnetic field.

For me it is easier than setting Mavic down, powering it up, checking magnetic field interference bars, powering drone off, moving to a new location, then starting over with setting Mavic down, ...

2020-2-9
Use props
dark13star
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16739 ft
United States

Ventusky is good for checking weather conditions above the ground level.
2020-2-9
Use props
Denny-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899875 ft
Germany

Windy - to check wind and gust speeds, which is a lot more accurate in my region than UAV Forecast

AirMap and our local air traffic control app DFS Drohnen - to check where i am allowed to fly and what restrictions are in place

AirVisual - to check the air quality/visibility
2020-2-9
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

I use UAV Forecast..
2020-2-9
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

UAV Forecast, Airdata, sometimes Litchi for Phantom & Mavic Air (waiting SDK for Mini).
2020-2-9
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-9 10:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation form our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Just a friendly reminder, please make sure to ensure safe flying using a 3rd party application since DJI is not liable if the drone might experience a problem using the 3rd party application. We highly recommend using the original application provided by DJI. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I mean seriously?
People are here having a healthy conversation about Apps that actually improve the chances of a safe flight, mainly regarding weather and Air Traffic Control, nothing that interferes with AC at all, and you are going to tell them that the drone may experience a problem?

Well add all of those features to the DJI FLY APP and maybe people can stop using other APPS.
In fact I think that DJI must ad a safe way to keep track of our flight records, like the airdata website, but free and with a logical display and interpretation of fly data.
2020-2-10
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 01:55
I mean seriously?
People are here having a healthy conversation about Apps that actually improve the chances of a safe flight, mainly regarding weather and Air Traffic Control, nothing that interferes with AC at all, and you are going to tell them that the drone may experience a problem?

I hope youre aware of the fact that you're quoting a robot, well, a template bot
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 2-10 07:21
I hope youre aware of the fact that you're quoting a robot, well, a template bot

I hope, sometimes, a human has a look, oh well... lol
2020-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

UAV seems to be very popular I use also wind guru, both have good and bad points .
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 01:55
I mean seriously?

Sorry for the confusion. I just need to clarify that I mentioned that it "might" be a cause of an issue and never mentioned that it will cause an issue because of the 3rd party app. Your suggestion will be forwarded. Thank you for your understanding!
2020-2-10
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-10 16:04
Sorry for the confusion. I just need to clarify that I mentioned that it "might" be a cause of an issue and never mentioned that it will cause an issue because of the 3rd party app. Your suggestion will be forwarded. Thank you for your understanding!

??  Super Bot!!???

My OP was not as clear as it might have been!
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Akirasho Posted at 2-10 17:31
??  Super Bot!!???

I truly believe some times they are bots,  but most times is humans selecting random already made sentences, otherwise why in certain posts regarding well known issues, they never show up at all?
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Akirasho Posted at 2-10 17:31
??  Super Bot!!???

Can you please let us know what seems to be the problem with your OP? Thank you!
2020-2-12
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 16:14
Can you please let us know what seems to be the problem with your OP? Thank you!

I could have stated "flight or pre-flight" apps.
2020-2-14
Use props
red squirrel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

Akirasho Posted at 2-9 20:03
Anyone using Kittyhawk?

I’m using Kittyhawk to log flights, run checklists, manage batteries, and obtain LAANC authorization.  My experience is that it is fine for my purposes but on my device it is buggy and crashes frequently.  I haven’t yet bothered trying to reload it which might address reliability issues.
2020-2-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Akirasho Posted at 2-14 14:33
I could have stated "flight or pre-flight" apps.

Please let us know if there would be some problem with your OP and we're here to help. Thank you for your support!
2020-2-16
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

UAV Forecast for weather conditions (from mobile device)
Ventusky.com from PC for wind forecast
Local weather website
WiFiAnalyzer to scan 2.4 and 5.8 frequencies for strong Wi-Fi network signals
Fake GPS for FCC Hack should I need it
Brighness (app) to filter the picture display (for better viewing)
Polar Pro for approxiamte idea about ND filter usage
LunaSolCal to decide the best shooting times for my light preference
2020-2-16
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-16 13:04
Please let us know if there would be some problem with your OP and we're here to help. Thank you for your support!

All Good!  The thread has generated good and useful responses!
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Akirasho Posted at 2-16 15:51
All Good!  The thread has generated good and useful responses!

That's great to know! Thank you for your valued support
2020-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules