Unlocking authorisation zone doesn’t work
19813 31 2020-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickornotto1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 628980 ft
United Kingdom

I have unlicked an authorisation zone, imported into the drone and it still sats I can’t take off.

And obviously I can’t do anything on my phone/ app either because I need to unlock it on my lap at home.

I am confused and highly disappointed
2020-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Was it a red zone?
2020-2-10
Use props
nickornotto1
lvl.4
Malta

Unlocking authorisation zone doesn’t work

I have unlocked a blue authorisation zone, imported into the drone and it still says I can’t take off.

And obviously I can’t do anything on my phone/ app either because I need to unlock it on my laptop at home.

I am confused and highly disappointed as I won't have the opportunity to be in this area anymore.
2020-2-10
Use props
nickornotto1
lvl.4
Malta

Some pictures to illustrate my problem
6EA7317A-E50F-4333-9F55-CB2CEAFCB5E5.png
8946B0F8-C9DB-4F78-B550-60B8D13ADB98.png
EFA4E87F-E5D1-4956-BB2C-7A9B03ED4209.png
2020-2-10
Use props
nickronotto
lvl.4
Malta

I replied here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208792 and added some images.

(I have accidentally create this post with a wrong topic - see my post here about it: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208795)
2020-2-10
Use props
nickronotto
lvl.4
Malta

Btw I used https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock to unclock the authorisation. Mavic Mini > clicked marker on the blue zone around Luqa airport which showed "Military Facility" zone > then serial number > date > and submitted. Authorised via mobile.
2020-2-10
Use props
red squirrel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

Sorry to hear that!  Which serial number did you use?  I discovered by trial and error that self-unlocking on the DJI site will let me go through the whole process and display what appear to be licenses in the djifly app based on any number I put in there (tried the aircraft serial number, remote serial number, numbers written on the remote, etc)  but I won’t get the option “import to aircraft” unless I use the flight controller serial number which I could only find by going through the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the DJI fly app.  Was not intuitive to me especially since the process didn’t tell me it wasn’t a right number.  Not sure if this is your issue but I spent a good amount of time trying to figure that out.  Haven’t had any issues with unlocking since.  Hope it’s something easy to fix for you too!
2020-2-10
Use props
marktottymy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91860 ft
United States

It's not very easy but if you put your phone in desktop mode, you can use self unlock with your phone.
2020-2-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

marktottymy Posted at 2-10 05:45
It's not very easy but if you put your phone in desktop mode, you can use self unlock with your phone.

If you are on your phone, why not just do it through the app itself?
2020-2-10
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you actually try to launch the drone and go through the unlock process in the app on your phone?  If not, maybe you should give that a try.

Discuss unlocking in flight at about the 9:30 point in the video
2020-2-10
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

I struggled with getting mine to unlock, on new years eve, when the new firmare came out, it unlocked fine from the app, then the next day, would not unlock, it said it unlocked, but would not take off, after a few days, I discovered if you go into the safety menu, and scroll down to unlock geo zones, and into the seperate licenses, and turn them all off, and then go through the unlocking from the main screen, it would unlock everytime, so I am now used to doing this,Tim
2020-2-10
Use props
nickronotto
lvl.4
Malta

red squirrel Posted at 2-10 05:37
Sorry to hear that!  Which serial number did you use?  I discovered by trial and error that self-unlocking on the DJI site will let me go through the whole process and display what appear to be licenses in the djifly app based on any number I put in there (tried the aircraft serial number, remote serial number, numbers written on the remote, etc)  but I won’t get the option “import to aircraft” unless I use the flight controller serial number which I could only find by going through the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of the DJI fly app.  Was not intuitive to me especially since the process didn’t tell me it wasn’t a right number.  Not sure if this is your issue but I spent a good amount of time trying to figure that out.  Haven’t had any issues with unlocking since.  Hope it’s something easy to fix for you too!

Hi, the self-unlock page asks for flight controller serial number so this is the one I used.

AS per the screenshot above I unlocked it twice and imported into the aircraft without a problem but it still said I can't take off...
2020-2-10
Use props
nickronotto
lvl.4
Malta

marktottymy Posted at 2-10 05:45

What is desktop mode??

I browse the page in safari on my phone so from within the browser if that makes sense.

A browser can detect the device size so it still said I can't use the unloocking from this device.
2020-2-10
Use props
nickronotto
lvl.4
Malta

fans7e30011f Posted at 2-10 09:34
I struggled with getting mine to unlock, on new years eve, when the new firmare came out, it unlocked fine from the app, then the next day, would not unlock, it said it unlocked, but would not take off, after a few days, I discovered if you go into the safety menu, and scroll down to unlock geo zones, and into the seperate licenses, and turn them all off, and then go through the unlocking from the main screen, it would unlock everytime, so I am now used to doing this,Tim

So you had the licenses and turned them off.

And where did you do next unlocking on the main screen?
2020-2-10
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

nickronotto Posted at 2-10 12:20
What is desktop mode??

I browse the page in safari on my phone so from within the browser if that makes sense.

He’s probably talking about requesting the desktop version of the site from your browser.

2020-2-10
Use props
nickronotto
lvl.4
Malta

KlooGee Posted at 2-10 06:05
If you are on your phone, why not just do it through the app itself?

There wasn't any option to unlock it using the phone or the app. The app said that I can't unlock it from within the phone
2020-2-10
Use props
nickronotto
lvl.4
Malta

KlooGee Posted at 2-10 06:10
Did you actually try to launch the drone and go through the unlock process in the app on your phone?  If not, maybe you should give that a try.

This is interesting tip with taking off with the sticks. I wonder if it's still working..

I actually got the prompt in the app to unlock the zone in another area - it looked exactly how you are showing on the video - and it worked.

But in the location I am talking about I didn't get this option.
2020-2-10
Use props
nickronotto
lvl.4
Malta

Ice_2k Posted at 2-10 12:39
He’s probably talking about requesting the desktop version of the site from your browser.

[view_image]

Oh.. ok

But I was actually not using the app.

I used this link: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock in my safari on my phone so I guess it was the browser mode, the page just said I can't unlock on the phone (because I guess it detected my device).

Why it's not permitted to unlock on the phone though? It's at least a strange limitation.
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. I will highly recommend you to coordinate this concern directly to our designated department at flysafe@dji.com for them to help you unlock those locations. Thank you for your valued support!
2020-2-10
Use props
Gary86
lvl.1

United States

KlooGee Posted at 2-10 06:10
Did you actually try to launch the drone and go through the unlock process in the app on your phone?  If not, maybe you should give that a try.

KlooGee
This post was extremely helpful. I live very close to the no fly at a Colorado airport and have been tortured for two weeks trying to unlock. I have tried many different permutations but all were very intermittent or did not work at all. Your video nailed it. Thank you very much! - Back in the air where I belong!
2020-3-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gary86 Posted at 3-4 15:18
KlooGee
This post was extremely helpful. I live very close to the no fly at a Colorado airport and have been tortured for two weeks trying to unlock. I have tried many different permutations but all were very intermittent or did not work at all. Your video nailed it. Thank you very much! - Back in the air where I belong!

Awesome!  Glad it helped out!  I hope you have many safe and fun flights ahead!
2020-3-4
Use props
Tony D.
lvl.4
Canada

I know this thread is a month old but this may help for those who are just encountering the same problem...

https://flysafe-api.dji.com/en/help/unlock

Cheers!
2020-3-9
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

I have unlocked it several times, but after a day, I have to go into the safety screen, go to unlock geo zones and turn off the license, then I can go back to camera screen, and try to take off, and it brings up the unlocking procedure, and if you go through it, it unlocks, but first you have to turn off the expired license in the safety screen, I have to do this every day I want to fly, but I have got use to it,Tim
2020-3-9
Use props
djiuser_XlWg1zUFNtzV
New

Portugal

Hi!
Can you tell me if a CE MM Controler may Control a FCC MM Drone? Can they bem Linked?
2020-3-12
Use props
nickornotto
New
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-10 13:16
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. I will highly recommend you to coordinate this concern directly to our designated department at  for them to help you unlock those locations. Thank you for your valued support!

I have sent you an email almost a month ago and no reply whatsoever. Why did you ask me to contact you then?
2020-4-6
Use props
djiuser_rnbgiDQTWsNK
New

United States

I bought a Mavic 2 zoom second hand. I try to self unlock and keep getting a message unlock failed every time. Does not give me an option to put phone number in. I've tried getting authorization on DJI website which shows up in my certificate list, but nothing. What can I do?? Please help
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_rnbgiDQTWsNK
New

United States

I bought a Mavic 2 zoom second hand. I try to self unlock and keep getting a message unlock failed every time. Does not give me an option to put phone number in. I've tried getting authorization on DJI website which shows up in my certificate list, but nothing. What can I do?? Please help
2020-5-28
Use props
djiuser_doEVyZc4oz3r
New

United States

KlooGee Posted at 2020-2-10 06:10

Man I appreciate your video and your devotion to delivering the information. My issue is that none of that shows up on my screen. I get a pop up asking if I want to get authorization. I click yes. It asks me for my phone number, which I put in, then a timer starts. Under the space for my phone number there is a space for the verification code. I never get the text message with the code. I've tried several times. Yes, I have checked that I put in the correct phone number. It never comes through. I never see a screen with the check boxes.
Also, what's the difference between the flight controller and the remote?
Thanks for you diligence.
2021-6-8
Use props
djiuser_C2ONxa2rpjOr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3658 ft
United States

I spent a day in preflight: charing, tutorials, binding, updating firmware, and authorization zone upload. Drove to my favorite park that was never a problem with my Air2. I can't fly my FPV because of the zone lock. HELP! Customer support was a preset FAQ sheet.
2021-7-11
Use props
djiuser_ClOYJ8qjG0LF
New

Ecuador

KlooGee Posted at 2020-2-10 06:10

KlooGee,
Thanks for the tips. But trying to repeat it through the app it did not open the PHONE PIN CODE
It says I'm not logged in although I am
Any idea on how to unlock it or properly log in?
2021-8-8
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21362 ft
United States

This unlocking crap from DJI is a joke.  
2023-5-7
Use props
gringa
lvl.4
Brazil

Certainly it's a joke to only be able to unlock via computer (not phone). Who does carry a laptop to fly...???
2023-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules