4520 125 2020-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Hello community!
So since I first experienced a drop after FW 1.0.4 update, I've been experiencing random climbs and drops, sometimes drastic some times not so much, the thing is this drops and climbs happened in between shots I was doing, I mean I was not just trying to replicate the "error" but I was flying and having fun + focusing in taking some pictures and videos.

This made it hard for me to isolate the issue in otherwise huge Flight logs and videos, in fact my first post here "My mini dropped from the sky" (my first ever dropped) was a flight with some drops but other times normal behaviour, this makes my assumption hard to replicate and some users could say is because of terrain, or cold temperature or whatever... I have been ever since wanting to upload some of this other drops, but again, quite a pain to remember when exactly it happened... but today... was so crazy that I have to report and this makes it easy since I was trully only analizing how the Mini behaved today, no shots or video, in such a good calm day.

Today is a gorgeous day, absolutely no wind whatsoever, is about 16-18 degrees Celsius, super blue sky. I took all precautions, in fact I've been standing behind the drone 15 minutes since GPS lock wouldnt go over 9-10 Sats Locked, moved the drone to a different area and when I was 10-11 sats, decided to take off and do my checklist while hoovering, this should all be really clear in my flight log. I even did a quick, right stick full forward, stop, to see how it behaved, all seems OK.

I've been wanting to take  a picture of a curved road around 500-600m from my back garden and today was the perfect light, so did my hoovering checklist and went in a straight line ascending a bit so I could see the Mini over the horizon against the blue sky, decided to go in S mode in case I see birds, also to get there faster and also cause in case it drops, I want full throttle from my stick input... guess what... as soon as I was getting near the spot, left stick, and the MINI went craaaazy UP so quick... like... WOW... then it dropped so fast is not even funny... I used left stick full up and it recovered, left sticks and it went down again... I told myself no picture today and came back to home point manually.

Decided to stop there and create this post, since it is very isolated, only take off, hoover checklist, quick full throttle forward let go, then go in straight line to spot and leave the stick, climb + dropped, then return to home to be able to upload a clear Flight Log with the issue isolated.

When I turn the Mini on its back to turn it off, I saw in the APP a IMU error,  but this only happened when I grabbed the MINI by hand and turned it to swith it off. I was holding the controller + smartphone while pressing the MINI button so I could be the one causing the IMU disruption.

Maybe this can help even more to narrow down the issue, I didn't fly my Mini for almost a month... I am deffinitely not flying again untill new FW update fixes this... is so dangerous, is not even funny... I cannot try to take a picture at all since I feel as soon as I look to the screen to frame the shot, the mini is on its way to the nearest tree top...

Here is the Log:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/L0PCITXXGBI1HIHO286G/

Here I picture I took to proove is a gorgeous clear day:

DJI_0385.JPG
2020-2-10
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I eure understand your concern and I'm glad you didn't crash or lose it.
The general thing I fail to understand when it comes to the mini, is that mine only ever once drifted against a shed, but that was my fault as I didnt wait for more sats!!
Do you think there is an issue about FW or
Could it be a different  batch problem? I received mine at the end of November. I'm really puzzled by all this
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

A snapshot of the place I want to shot.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 2-10 03:52
I eure understand your concern and I'm glad you didn't crash or lose it.
The general thing I fail to understand when it comes to the mini, is that mine only ever once drifted against a shed, but that was my fault as I didnt wait for more sats!!
Do you think there is an issue about FW or

Well honestly, I have no clue as why is this happening neither.
I love the Mavic Mini, is the right drone for me, however I want to trust him and I report here to fine tune this little beast as near to perfection as possible.

I only noticed this after FW 1.0.4, and is not drifting sideways but up and down so I guess is something to do with whatever the Mini uses to stablish altitude and compensate for changes. It seems motor streght was changed in FW 1.0.4 in order to stop the "not enough force" errors, so this may also be affecting the Minis capacity to hoover steadily.

I start to think, like some users mentioned that it may be a IMU issue hardware related, like is not sealed enough from the environment and causing constant changes in temperature... What I'm worryed is that DJI would correct this in future builts, and never accept there is an issue with first batch units.

I recieved my mini in the first batch, around 18th of November.
I would love to know...
2020-2-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the electrical component world.. advancing certain chips may result in high failure rates so some of the components that were superseded are now used instead.  This has happened with ICM and/or MPU gyro chips.

At a user level, we may think it's our fault, what procedures we've missed, other variables, but in fact, it was one or more chips that have failed to do what they are supposed to do perfectly.  If something has been missed at the research and development manufacturing level, not all copies will be as reliable as the prototype.

There can be like 80% that never failed though but those unfortunate to be part of the 20%, you are on your own.  Either you RMA and hope they give you one w/ the issue completely addressed or it flies away and you have no drone to send back or somehow get sued or fined as it flew into an airport, etc.

We are using things people have engineered together so well that how it is in end-form is how it's going to always be (an aerial camera device) but if anything goes wrong w/ how it works, there is "nothing" you can do when it errors inside to the point of catastrophic failure.
2020-2-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

Please could you upload the .DAT file.
I would love the see what the barometer and GPS height readings are.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

AntDX316 Posted at 2-10 06:18
In the electrical component world.. advancing certain chips may result in high failure rates so some of the components that were superseded are now used instead.  This has happened with ICM and/or MPU gyro chips.

At a user level, we may think it's our fault, what procedures we've missed, other variables, but in fact, it was one or more chips that have failed to do what they are supposed to do perfectly.  If something has been missed at the research and development manufacturing level, not all copies will be as reliable as the prototype.

Not sure about those IC, but DJ being such leader in this industry... I would guess they have taken that in to consideration and test it... not rush the release of a product...

Since I have worked as research and development and prototyping for audio devices, I know there are things like Rev.1, Rev.2, etc. If issues are found most companies offer a replacement or fix with full warranty... however I´ve read in this forum DJI has changed the hardware design of some of the earlier Mavic, but never accept that to their users... This is absolutely unacceptable.

Like you mention, the problem here is that this is not a music instrument... is a flying camera that can get you in a lot of problems...

The other day one guy here lost his drone in an uncommanded descend over water... DJI said t was pilot error for some wind alert, even though it was a clear descend, not drift, with not that much wind... I don´t want to think on swapping my mini for something else, I want an honest response.
2020-2-10
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

S mode was something else I was thinking about. Only ever used it once
2020-2-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Looking at the log file you let off the left stick at 214 seconds at 24 feet, but then it flew on up to 59.7 feet with no throttle input. NOT GOOD.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-10 06:35
I flew the Mini through three full batteries yesterday down to around 15%.  About 15 km total flight distance on the three runs, temp mid 40s.  All three flights went perfectly.  I generally fly in P-mode.  I haven't watched every reported drop case, but I notice many of them appear to involve Sport Mode.  Specifically, coming to an abrupt halt after flying at Sport mode speed.  It would be interesting to see  how often Sport Mode is involved.

Sports mode is needed in many cases, birds attacks, returning in windy situations or blow away...
I personally have 0 interest in this behavior happening, but it did.

Reporting here seems to me the only way DJI may do something about it, is clear they don´t want to talk about it, otherwise we would see at least the "sorry for the issue bla bla bla".

The thing is, providing LOGS is a way to find out more, in a technical side, but some times users come and say "my mini is fine" this doesn´t help, is like doubting the stated. Or trying to find what the pilot error was rather than try to help narrow down the issue.

If your mini is fine, good for you, I just hope one day it doesnt do it to you over water.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-10 06:40
Please could you upload the .DAT file.

How can a find the .DAT file?
2020-2-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 06:49
Not sure about those IC, but DJ being such leader in this industry... I would guess they have taken that in to consideration and test it... not rush the release of a product...

Since I have worked as research and development and prototyping for audio devices, I know there are things like Rev.1, Rev.2, etc. If issues are found most companies offer a replacement or fix with full warranty... however I´ve read in this forum DJI has changed the hardware design of some of the earlier Mavic, but never accept that to their users... This is absolutely unacceptable.

yeah, I've realized how things change at that level when I had 2 hard drives with the same model number.  The PCB was completely and I mean completely in a different layout.  They worked fine in RAID-0.

The only way to tell is to open up a drone that is known to be a defect and open a drone that is perfect to compare the chip numbers, preferably a newer model one though the designs could be different depending on which factory it came out of if the design is different due to the sparsity of the components in different regions.

I wouldn't worry about a Mavic Mini if it never has failed once.  Just need to stash all the ones with reported failures in some sort of logging system to find a similar pattern compared to the ones that seem to be immaculate.  In a way, it's only $400 lost though but that is the minimum considering it didn't cause a 5-alarm blaze or something eq.

People may never get an honest response, especially at the highest level which is why doing our own research becomes key.  The only honest responses that would happen is social non-business destructive responses.  I like to stay with things that work because involving w/ things that don't work (that I cannot fix) ruin my health.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-10 06:57
Looking at the log file you let off the left stick at 214 seconds at 24 feet, but then it flew on up to 59.7 feet with no throttle input. NOT GOOD.

Yep, it sky rocketed, then it came down twice that distance, and after I try to return to original height it went down again like it lost the capacity of hoovering, that´s when I came back.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 2-10 06:57
S mode was something else I was thinking about. Only ever used it once

Whatever is causing this, seems affected by how much power the motors are getting, so yes, Sports mode seems to exaggerate this behavior, I just need to be sure the mini will hoover in the spot I want (under normal wind), regardless of what mode it is on.

Going up, or down more than 20-30cm is unacceptable.
2020-2-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 07:05
Yep, it sky rocketed, then it came down twice that distance, and after I try to return to original height it went down again like it lost the capacity of hoovering, that´s when I came back.

I would just straight RMA it but you have to make sure they at least replace it, not say nothing is wrong and send it back.  I've sent 2 products back and the replacements work perfectly.  M2P and the DJI RE Goggles.
2020-2-10
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

did you open a ticket with DJI support? This problem seems like it needs more than just a forum post. Based on what happened to other users, I expect you would get it replaced with "bad barometer" result. The weird thing about these drops is everybody keeps talking about the barometer reading incorrect values because of this and that but, if the barometer is reading incorrect values, how are we getting consistent values in the log? Shouldn't the logged height differ from the actual height if this was the cause? However, from all reports, it seems like the logs are consistent with what the pilot noticed so I don't see how this could be the barometer's fault.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

AntDX316 Posted at 2-10 07:03
yeah, I've realized how things change at that level when I had 2 hard drives with the same model number.  The PCB was completely and I mean completely in a different layout.  They worked fine in RAID-0.

The only way to tell is to open up a drone that is known to be a defect and open a drone that is perfect to compare the chip numbers, preferably a newer model one though the designs could be different depending on which factory it came out of if the design is different due to the sparsity of the components in different regions.

I got DJI CARE just in case, and thought about returning it a couple of times before FW 1.0.3 and the gimbal issue was fixed... I just dont want to go thru all that and have no drone for weeks if they are going to return me the same thing...

I agree only honest discussion with the only intention to fix stuff, will be worth it.
I am not hater of any brand, but also I´m not fanboy of any brand, just want to be technical and resolve the issue, have fun flying and not loose years of life each time I almost get a heart attack watching the Mini drop from sky.
2020-2-10
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
United Kingdom

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 07:03
How can a find the .DAT file?

It should be inside MCDatFlightRecords folder on your mobile device.

If it's not there, it's because the autosync has uploaded it to DJI and deleted it from your device.
2020-2-10
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 07:01
Sports mode is needed in many cases, birds attacks, returning in windy situations or blow away...
I personally have 0 interest in this behavior happening, but it did.

I put my Mavic Mini in sport mode the other day and I worked it out for an entire battery all over the area back and forth, all over the city park.  I had no issues. up and down, stopping, full throttle, climbing, etc.  I think I understand the comments but what am I looking for?  I'm not the expert but my mini seems to dip at quite the extreme angle when flying at top speed and it doesn't drift much even when I hard stop.  it doesn't flop around and it's not soft but rather surprisingly crisp.  I do have a lot of extra weight on my mini including strobes all the way around, stickers, and a beacon wrapped around the rear leg.  maybe the aerodynamics are affected.  could the additional weight have something to do with what seems like better control over the drone?
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Ice_2k Posted at 2-10 07:13
did you open a ticket with DJI support? This problem seems like it needs more than just a forum post. Based on what happened to other users, I expect you would get it replaced with "bad barometer" result. The weird thing about these drops is everybody keeps talking about the barometer reading incorrect values because of this and that but, if the barometer is reading incorrect values, how are we getting consistent values in the log? Shouldn't the logged height differ from the actual height if this was the cause? However, from all reports, it seems like the logs are consistent with what the pilot noticed so I don't see how this could be the barometer's fault.

No I haven´t opened a ticket, my fear is they will tell me to return it without even accepting it can be fixed with a future FW update. Like you noticed, the readings are correct, however the mini is not compensating accordingly, so seems more like FW to me than a faulty component.

I mean, before FW1.0.3 many of us (but not all of us) were experiencing a very annoying noise in the gimbal, DJI never said anything, users which opened a ticket with support were asked to return their units.

When FW 1.0.3 came out, the issue was 100% fixed... It even said something in the "changelog" about gimbal improvement, but never accept it was something to do with PID values or strength in the gimbal motors.

My mini serial number is registered, it also has alluminum number plate in AC and RC, if I send it they will probably return an AC with different serial number, I can change, but will be time and money... Basically if my mini is fine, or I´m going to get the same thing, I dont want to return it.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

AntDX316 Posted at 2-10 07:09
I would just straight RMA it but you have to make sure they at least replace it, not say nothing is wrong and send it back.  I've sent 2 products back and the replacements work perfectly.  M2P and the DJI RE Goggles.

Thats the thing. Nobody knows what they will return to me.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-10 07:17
No need to be defensive.  I'm not discounting your report or saying Sport Mode shouldn't work properly.  I'm considering the possibility that Sport Mode may be a common factor, which could lead to discovering the cause & ultimate solution.

Sorry man, I didn´t wan´t to sound so harsh, I just dont want to dilute the clear isolated issue.

I have experienced too, slow motion drops in P and C modes too, just buried in totally normal flights with lots of stuff going on, that´s why, today, isolated, made me share it.

I meant my intention is not to suffer this, my intention was to take a pciture of a road.

Again sorry if it sounded harsh, not my intention.
2020-2-10
Use props
dutch937
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322461 ft
Canada

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 04:01
Well honestly, I have no clue as why is this happening neither.
I love the Mavic Mini, is the right drone for me, however I want to trust him and I report here to fine tune this little beast as near to perfection as possible.

I simply reverted to the previous FW update and the Mini works perfect, at least as perfect as a 249g drone can work. So, for me for some reason the FW update changed something in the drone and caused it to act abnormally. Simple fix, but still begs the question why this happened and why it didn't happen to everyone. Whatever, it works and isn't my go to drone other than where i'm restricted to fly the M2.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

The Saint Posted at 2-10 07:21
I put my Mavic Mini in sport mode the other day and I worked it out for an entire battery all over the area back and forth, all over the city park.  I had no issues. up and down, stopping, full throttle, climbing, etc.  I think I understand the comments but what am I looking for?  I'm not the expert but my mini seems to dip at quite the extreme angle when flying at top speed and it doesn't drift much even when I hard stop.  it doesn't flop around and it's not soft but rather surprisingly crisp.  I do have a lot of extra weight on my mini including strobes all the way around, stickers, and a beacon wrapped around the rear leg.  maybe the aerodynamics are affected.  could the additional weight have something to do with what seems like better control over the drone?

I´m also flying with  beacon and a finder, no stickers, not sure a few grams or aerodynamics are the cause, also I fly with them some times other times only mini, just to make sure. So I don´t think is the case.
2020-2-10
Use props
big lou
lvl.3
Canada

With all this extra weight do you need to activate the charge mode in dji fly?
2020-2-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 07:28
Thats the thing. Nobody knows what they will return to me.

It's not that, they send you a prepaid return label and when they read your concern in detail, they replace or repair it but all mine were swapped out one w/o issues.  The ones I sent them were probably newer but if they don't work as intended then an older one is better.  I did not have Careplans on mine.  Just a warranty repair.  I couldn't get the M2P w/ care because the DJI select program was extremely confusing so I couldn't get the 50% off so I didn't bother getting it.

I'm on DJI Select so my service might be better than what you may get.. plus they most likely know me due to the forums so the results my differ but I would not fly it until you send it in.  I know it sucks you will have no drone but it has to be done.  It doesn't get shipped to Shenzen, CN, it gets shipped to somewhere in Texas.  Just print out the CAS number as you don't get an e-mail from it so if you don't print or save the screenshot you are f*.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-10 07:19
It should be inside MCDatFlightRecords folder on your mobile device.

If it's not there, it's because the autosync has uploaded it to DJI and deleted it from your device.

Even though I saw your post and wanted to turn off the autosync, I didn´t... nothing in that folder...

So if I turn auto sync off, will the Logs and flight details still be uploaded to airdata an stuff?
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

big lou Posted at 2-10 07:42
With all this extra weight do you need to activate the charge mode in dji fly?

One sensor is 4 grams, two 8 and I rarely fly with both, only when is dark.

95% of the time I don´t use them, since I fly VLOS very close to me, I only use the drone to takes photos and videos, 200m away is more than enough.

Today it happened without the sensors on it, so, is it cannot be that.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

dutch937 Posted at 2-10 07:34
I simply reverted to the previous FW update and the Mini works perfect, at least as perfect as a 249g drone can work. So, for me for some reason the FW update changed something in the drone and caused it to act abnormally. Simple fix, but still begs the question why this happened and why it didn't happen to everyone. Whatever, it works and isn't my go to drone other than where i'm restricted to fly the M2.

Yeah that is what got me thinking, I read users dpwngraded and it got solved.
I mean as soon as FW 1.0.4 came out I wanted to record the MINI from a DSLR and the thing would hoover very erratic, it wasn´t windy at all and I had a bad time attempting to keep the mini in frame... Noticed it straight away.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

AntDX316 Posted at 2-10 07:42
It's not that, they send you a prepaid return label and when they read your concern in detail, they replace or repair it but all mine were swapped out one w/o issues.  The ones I sent them were probably newer but if they don't work as intended then an older one is better.  I did not have Careplans on mine.  Just a warranty repair.  I couldn't get the M2P w/ care because the DJI select program was extremely confusing so I couldn't get the 50% off so I didn't bother getting it.

I'm on DJI Select so my service might be better than what you may get.. plus they most likely know me due to the forums so the results my differ but I would not fly it until you send it in.  I know it sucks you will have no drone but it has to be done.  It doesn't get shipped to Shenzen, CN, it gets shipped to somewhere in Texas.  Just print out the CAS number as you don't get an e-mail from it so if you don't print or save the screenshot you are f*.

I see... but again, Gimbal wasn´t faulty, DJI asked to send it back... and got fixed in next FW upgrade.

Many users have roll down to FW 1.0.3 and reported increase in stability, so my guts tell me this is 100% a FW thing...
2020-2-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 07:56
I see... but again, Gimbal wasn´t faulty, DJI asked to send it back... and got fixed in next FW upgrade.

Many users have roll down to FW 1.0.3 and reported increase in stability, so my guts tell me this is 100% a FW thing...

It's up to you.  The DJI drone only failed on me once and that was when the app kept getting confused from a defective USB cable which I've changed.  The P4PV2.0 stayed in mid-air after take-off (wouldn't respond to my controls) then landed on its own next to me.  I didn't fly until it was fixed.  I had to power off the drone and turn it back on to fix as doing any other method did nothing to fix the issue.  Having a problem where it just goes AWOL is not comforting.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

AntDX316 Posted at 2-10 07:42
It's not that, they send you a prepaid return label and when they read your concern in detail, they replace or repair it but all mine were swapped out one w/o issues.  The ones I sent them were probably newer but if they don't work as intended then an older one is better.  I did not have Careplans on mine.  Just a warranty repair.  I couldn't get the M2P w/ care because the DJI select program was extremely confusing so I couldn't get the 50% off so I didn't bother getting it.

I'm on DJI Select so my service might be better than what you may get.. plus they most likely know me due to the forums so the results my differ but I would not fly it until you send it in.  I know it sucks you will have no drone but it has to be done.  It doesn't get shipped to Shenzen, CN, it gets shipped to somewhere in Texas.  Just print out the CAS number as you don't get an e-mail from it so if you don't print or save the screenshot you are f*.

What is the CAS number?
I live in Spain so I guess here they ship it to the Netherlands, but I think you meant they wont send it to China but fix-replace it near me.

I have a feeling next FW will fix it, like the gimbal... I rather wait just to prove it. If it doesnt then I will, this was my exact same thought with my gimbal noise issue. If its fixed with next FW update, one can start to see a pattern.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

AntDX316 Posted at 2-10 07:59
It's up to you.  The DJI drone only failed on me once and that was when the app kept getting confused from a defective USB cable which I've changed.  The P4PV2.0 stayed in mid-air after take-off (wouldn't respond to my controls) then landed on its own next to me.  I didn't fly until it was fixed.  I had to power off the drone and turn it back on to fix as doing any other method did nothing to fix the issue.  Having a problem where it just goes AWOL is not comforting.

I have taken images for 10 videos, but edited and posted only 1  LMFAO
I´m also quite busy with work lately so not too bothered to wait for next FW update.

Thanks for the info! is good to read about the process, and if I finally find my unit is faulty, I will happily return it and wait.
2020-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Lovely picture!

About your flight; interesting it is, this unwanted climbing/dropping of a MM.

See my chart, as you can see your MM started to climb/indicate higher values and or with vertical speed at zero or minus 0.1.Uh? normally they change at the same time, stick up = vertical speeed up = climbing and v.v.
From 7 to 13 meters climb/indicating, after that releasing 100$ fwd stick in sport mode a MM does tend to climb a little. (as seen in the chart).
Dropping height (red coloured blue alt line) look like it is correction the climb/indicated height as at the dotted mark line.

Its a shame you were out of VPS height range, my question is ; did it really climb the first part or not?

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2020-2-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 08:17
What is the CAS number?
I live in Spain so I guess here they ship it to the Netherlands, but I think you meant they wont send it to China but fix-replace it near me.

It's that then the number they give after that is your RMA number.  You just do the prepaid label and it goes to them.  You can track your request from the DJI service website but they e-mail you the progress.  I printed out the paper on the final page of the RMA request and stuck it in the box to make sure they know it's that RMA.  If you use Chrome, it will save your CAS number in the autofill.  You can just probably send it with only the prepaid label but the more "redundancies" the better as it was effortless to do.

You can also e-mail their Facebook w/ your DJI account e-mail and CAS number to make sure they get what they need to know.

I've gotten everything I've sent them back (besides the goggles I've sent of course).  I've sent the goggles in the backpack I was using as I didn't want to pack it messed up.  W/ the M2P, they sent me the same props back.
2020-2-10
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-10 08:24
I have taken images for 10 videos, but edited and posted only 1  LMFAO
I´m also quite busy with work lately so not too bothered to wait for next FW update.

yeah, just need to push them to send you one that indeed works as I think DJI knows what is wrong and the issue hopefully addressed

We don't know where the drone would go if it loses control of itself.  Personally, I want extremely reliable.  I want to know it can get the job done and come back w/o issue.  I sold my Inspire 1 Pro because I got scared it might fail but it never did.  It's just very very big compared to an M2 but the photos are sharper.  Even w/ the P4PV2.0 I get scared at times, that isn't as reliable in feel as the M2.  The M2 is one solidly built drone.  My confidence is way up with that.
2020-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There really is only one period where problems occur, 3.34 to 3.44 when flying forward in sport mode craft is slowly gaining altitude, you stop pushing forward at 3.44 and craft continues to climb for 5 seconds with no stick input . At 4.7 sec craft levels off and from there you seem to be controlling down yawing etc.

One common thing, you were within VPS range for a lot of the flight and most if not all flight was in sport mode. The drops were not overly quick according to log .

There first strange part was flying straight forward in sport with craft climbing slowly with no left stick input, I wonder have you tried calibration of your RC , while it may not be the problem you could eliminate it. I would like to see if you could test in P mode, this would also help if flight was ok then sport mode could be having a bearing. It’s strange I would do tests and then think about shipping back I don’t think this is FW problem .
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

JJB* Posted at 2-10 08:25
Hi,

Lovely picture!

Hey JJB  thanks for your awesome reports always.

Not sure if I understand correctly, charts are starting to make more sense now, but still confuses me.
You ask me if the mini climbed between the dotted line and the drop (red colored part of the blue altitude line)?
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

AntDX316 Posted at 2-10 08:29
yeah, just need to push them to send you one that indeed works as I think DJI knows what is wrong and the issue hopefully addressed

We don't know where the drone would go if it loses control of itself.  Personally, I want extremely reliable.  I want to know it can get the job done and come back w/o issue.  I sold my Inspire 1 Pro because I got scared it might fail but it never did.  It's just very very big compared to an M2 but the photos are sharper.  Even w/ the P4PV2.0 I get scared at times, that isn't as reliable in feel as the M2.  The M2 is one solidly built drone.  My confidence is way up with that.

I've been in love with M2 since it came out, but could not justify it, once M3 comes out and M2 price drops I will surely invest in one
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2-10 08:38
There really is only one period where problems occur, 3.34 to 3.44 when flying forward in sport mode craft is slowly gaining altitude, you stop pushing forward at 3.44 and craft continues to climb for 5 seconds with no stick input . At 4.7 sec craft levels off and from there you seem to be controlling down yawing etc.

One common thing, you were within VPS range for a lot of the flight and most if not all flight was in sport mode. The drops were not overly quick according to log .

Prior to min 3:44 I was just doing flight check list hoover thingy.

The climbs the mini did while going forward were input from me in order to keep him over the horizon, is the best way to see altitude changes with horizon as reference, as far as I can tell, there was no climb by himself, I did... then once I left the sticks, it climbed and dropped waaaaay below the point where it was, so it did not compensated to the point it was before the climb.

The climb and drop wasn't like free falling, but definitely faster than other ones that happened to me before.

I have to do tests in P mode too, I just thought today was a clear isolated issue.
2020-2-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules