Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Snap Adapter
3136 25 2020-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCoutts
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hello Everyone,

Let's be honest here. The *only* reason I picked up the Snap Adapter is so Chewie could take flight aboard my Mavic Mini. It's kind of a wildly impractical accessory but the Lego brick attachment and backlit TV do offer up some fun, creative possibilities.

Anyhow, I put together a short, goofy video if you want to see what it's all about. Cheers!

2020-2-10
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have one, too.  it's cheap.  and I thought I could use the mounting bracket for something else if I needed.  writing a message and reading it to yourself is no fun so the only time I could use it is indoors if I'm at a party and wanted to have some fun with a group of people for a few minutes, etc.  otherwise, I haven't put it to use yet, maybe this summer.
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SCoutts. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this wonderful video you have filmed. Just a friendly reminder that the total weight of the DJI Mavic Mini Snap Adapter and the accessories attached to the aircraft cannot exceed 30 grams. Always make sure that the DJI Mavic Mini Snap Adapter and the accessories are attached securely before takeoff to avoid any untoward incident. Again great video and have a safe flight always.
2020-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great video  Good fun!

cheers
JJB
2020-2-10
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

The Saint Posted at 2-10 08:44
I have one, too.  it's cheap.  and I thought I could use the mounting bracket for something else if I needed.  writing a message and reading it to yourself is no fun so the only time I could use it is indoors if I'm at a party and wanted to have some fun with a group of people for a few minutes, etc.  otherwise, I haven't put it to use yet, maybe this summer.

I had some comments on the video where people said they use it to get kids attention for pictures and video. One fellow used it for night flights. I think it does offer up some creative possibilities for sure.
2020-2-10
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 11:39
Hello and good day SCoutts. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this wonderful video you have filmed. Just a friendly reminder that the total weight of the DJI Mavic Mini Snap Adapter and the accessories attached to the aircraft cannot exceed 30 grams. Always make sure that the DJI Mavic Mini Snap Adapter and the accessories are attached securely before takeoff to avoid any untoward incident. Again great video and have a safe flight always.

Thanks! Good tips!
2020-2-10
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

JJB* Posted at 2-10 11:42
Great video  Good fun!

cheers

Thanks and thanks for watching!
2020-2-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good fun, thanks for sharing.
2020-2-11
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 2-11 01:26
Good fun, thanks for sharing.

And thanks for watching! :-)
2020-2-11
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Sorry if I'm outspoken, but I think it's one of the most useless accessories ever invented
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SCoutts Posted at 2-10 20:34
Thanks! Good tips!

You are very much welcome SCoutts and thank you for continuously supporting DJI. .
2020-2-11
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Renato61 Posted at 2-11 10:20
Sorry if I'm outspoken, but I think it's one of the most useless accessories ever invented

No worries. It's just for fun, which is called it "wildly impractical". :-)
2020-2-11
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-11 10:22
You are very much welcome SCoutts and thank you for continuously supporting DJI.  .

You bet. Thanks!
2020-2-11
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Renato61 Posted at 2-11 10:20
Sorry if I'm outspoken, but I think it's one of the most useless accessories ever invented

Actually I wish I had seen this before. When I mounted a small brick of Styrofoam floatation to the top of my Mini, I had to keep it from hitting the props so I made a similar mount from a large paper clip ;-)
2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

It is always our pleasure. If you have any inquiries or concerns with your DJI Mavic Mini or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. we are here to support you. Thank you.
2020-2-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SCoutts Posted at 2-11 08:26
And thanks for watching! :-)

Its my pleasure.     
2020-2-12
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I enjoyed that. I might get one for some fun on rainy days. Thanks
2020-2-12
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Amazingly cool while almost totally useless!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-2-12
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Forestjim Posted at 2-12 03:31
I enjoyed that. I might get one for some fun on rainy days. Thanks

Thanks! It's kind of fun to goof around with.
2020-2-12
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Cal Evans Posted at 2-12 04:41
Amazingly cool while almost totally useless!

Thanks for sharing.

Haha! Yeah, pretty much.
2020-2-12
Use props
SCoutts
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 2-11 15:06
Actually I wish I had seen this before. When I mounted a small brick of Styrofoam floatation to the top of my Mini, I had to keep it from hitting the props so I made a similar mount from a large paper clip ;-)

Cool. The adapter itself locks on really good. I didn't really want to get in to a DIY attachment so I took the path of least resistance. :-)
2020-2-12
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing, sometimes it's the little things that matter.
2020-2-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I never understood this adapter.
2020-2-14
Use props
Xyster101
lvl.1

United States

Doesn't this put the drone over 249 grams?  I hope it is registered with the FAA now!
2020-2-16
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xyster101 Posted at 2-16 16:25
Doesn't this put the drone over 249 grams?  I hope it is registered with the FAA now!

in the usa:
all drones flown by commercial 107 pilots must be registered with the faa.  the drone's serial number will be contained in an faa database.
zero drones flown by recreational pilots must be registered with the faa.  only the pilot has to be registered.  recreational pilots should refer to the faa registration process for details on how to legally fly their drones.  my mavic mini is well over 249g and it's serial number is not in any faa database.
as a recreational pilot, i fly a number of drones and i've been registered in the faa database for awhile now.
2020-2-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2-11 15:06

Aloha Gary,

Truly a man after my own heart - I do the same!  Love those paper clips of all sizes and varieties.

In the old P2 days, I made preventers to keep the $600 cameras from popping off in a hard landing, etc. with a paper clip or sometimes two.  I think my P3 Pro even has one on it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules