Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with Mimo App using Osmo Mobile 3 and iPhone 11?
1585 6 2-10 11:31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephjant
Second Officer
United Kingdom

After 4 days of extensive trials and experimentation with the Osmo Mobile 3, I am about 99.9% certain there is a software issue - and I think it's with the Mimo App.

Today I got my third Osmo Mobile 3, the two previous gimbals being returned because of defects.  The big issue has been shooting in 4k @ 60 fps using my IPhone 11 Pro mounted to the gimbal.  The video output is awful (very shakey rather than super smooth), rendering it unuseable.  But bizzarely 4k @ 30 fps is fine.  Working on the assumption it was a problem with the gimbal (since DJI's own website states that the OM 3 is compatible with iPhone 11 Pro shooting video in 4 k @ 60 fps) - and on the advice of the DJI Support team - I got a replacement OM 3 this morning.  And guess what - when I tried shooting in 4k 60 fps the shakey video was still there (but super smooth @ 30 fps).

So as a last resort, I disconnected the phone from the Mimo App, and with the phone still mounted to the OM 3 gimbal I tried filming 4k 60 fps using just the iPhone camera - and the footage was super smooth!!!

My hypothesis is that there is a bug in the Mimo App that is somehow messing up the quality of the video output but only when shooting 4k @ 60 fps using an iPhone 11 mounted to the OM 3.

DJI - I have done the hard work for you.  Please write some coding to fix the problem for the next firmware update.  If you cannot - or wont - then I will just have to remember to switch off the Mimo App every time I want to shoot 4k video @ 60 fps.
----------------------------
Postscript:  In anticipation that DJI or someone out there assumes I haven't set my third gimbal up properly:
1.  It was balanced correctly
2.  The latest firmware was installed
3.  The gimbal was calibrated  

2-10 11:31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try a different compatible mobile device and please back up your files on the DJI Mimo application and please reinstall a fresh version of the DJI Mimo application to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2-10 11:51
Use props
stephjant
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-10 11:51
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try a different compatible mobile device and please back up your files on the DJI Mimo application and please reinstall a fresh version of the DJI Mimo application to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I will uninstall and reinstall the Mimo App as you have suggested.  I did try an older iPhone 7 - which by the way is on your list of compatible smartphones - and when I shot 4k 30 fps video with the phone mounted to the OM3 the video output was a hundred times worse than the iphone 11.

There is an old saying - a picture paints a thousand words.  So I am attaching 2 links to 2 original unedited video files.  In this video file the iphone 11 is mounted to the OM3 gimbal and controlling the iphone camera using the Mimo App.  4k 60 fps.  You can see the video is shakey and not super smooth
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... bC/view?usp=sharing

Here is the link to the second video file.  The iphone 11 is still mounted to the OM3 gimbal but I have disconnected the Mimo App and I am controlling the camera from the screen using the Apple camera App.  Again 4k 60 fps.  You can see the video is now super smooth
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... JZ/view?usp=sharing

I have just finished speaking to your support team.  Your colleague said "I will be escalating this concern and rest assured that there will be further actions regarding this since this is a very urgent issue that needs to be fixed".  No disrespect to your colleague, but this is a very hollow gesture as I have seen it repeated a hundred times on the forum and then nothing happens.  So I am not holding my breath
2-10 12:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Super Moderator
Flight distance : 318 ft

stephjant Posted at 2-10 12:52
I will uninstall and reinstall the Mimo App as you have suggested.  I did try an older iPhone 7 - which by the way is on your list of compatible smartphones - and when I shot 4k 30 fps video with the phone mounted to the OM3 the video output was a hundred times worse than the iphone 11.

There is an old saying - a picture paints a thousand words.  So I am attaching 2 links to 2 videos.  In this video file the iphone 11 is mounted to the OM3 gimbal and controlling the iphone camera using the Mimo App.  4k 60 fps.  You can see the video is shakey and not super smooth

Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to this concern that we are facing as of the moment. Since the issue still persisting and you have provided several video links of the said issue and you have used different devices to fix the matter. The best thing I can do is to forward this thread to the designated DJI department for us to be able to give this the correct and proper resolution. Thank you for your understanding and again I am sorry for the trouble.
2-10 13:03
Use props
stephjant
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-10 13:03
Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused you. With regards to this concern that we are facing as of the moment. Since the issue still persisting and you have provided several video links of the said issue and you have used different devices to fix the matter. The best thing I can do is to forward this thread to the designated DJI department for us to be able to give this the correct and proper resolution. Thank you for your understanding and again I am sorry for the trouble.

I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing the Mimo App as you suggested and the video footage in 4k 60 fps is still shakey.  Its either the Mimo App and/or something is going on when the iphone .mov file format is changed by your App to a .mp4 file.  In theory it shouldn't make any difference.  MP4 features a high degree of compression rate and small file size but should retain good quality when changed from a .mov file format.  But something is clearly wrong as evidenced in the video links you now have and that I hope have been sent to the development team
2-11 07:06
Use props
fans3ac62b63
lvl.1
Chile

Hi! I’m having the same problem. When I record a 4K 60 FPS video using the mimo app, the video is shaky. If I record it on the iPhone X camera app, the video is perfect. I think is a mimo problem.
10-23 20:18
Use props
Soxer123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72671 ft
United Kingdom

stephjant Posted at 2-10 12:52
I will uninstall and reinstall the Mimo App as you have suggested.  I did try an older iPhone 7 - which by the way is on your list of compatible smartphones - and when I shot 4k 30 fps video with the phone mounted to the OM3 the video output was a hundred times worse than the iphone 11.

There is an old saying - a picture paints a thousand words.  So I am attaching 2 links to 2 original unedited video files.  In this video file the iphone 11 is mounted to the OM3 gimbal and controlling the iphone camera using the Mimo App.  4k 60 fps.  You can see the video is shakey and not super smooth

I find hollow gestures to be the order of the day. I have the same issue with an OM3 and a Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Over an hour spent with DKi online, links to juddery videos sent for review. Various resets, calibrations and it is no better and I am videoing in 1080.

Really disappointed with the support.
10-26 06:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules