SD CARD SLOW error
35565 51 2020-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans147b0783
lvl.2

United States

Titan DC2 Update outdoor. Started seeing Slow SD again and symptom of screen artifacts or codec. Changed setting to manual record. Start recording prior to flight maybe even before arm. Have made multiple flights 40Mbit/s videos from the Air Unit with the newest firmware. Ran through full batteries. Most videos are more than 4 minutes in length. This quad was BNF no comments on wiring. Settings 16:9, Focus Mode Off, Auto Record Off, Record to Both, Hi Quality Setting, Stock Antenna, No OSD. DJI Transmitter. Still have not formatted card. Not really looking for a way to reproduce the error but it seems like settings are the key so far.
Also noticed if SD Slow Error raises then the video length is only 10-15 seconds long with some audio past that.  So, if I dont see an error after 15 seconds that is a good sign the recording session will continue throughout.  I have not seen a failure past that time of flight.
2020-6-9
Use props
DG FPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272008 ft
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 5-26 12:42
Something worth trying, I found with a brand new card the Slow SD problem did not occur, once the card had been formatted in the air unit I started getting this problem along with suddenly not recording.

I have installed the SD card formatter from sdcard.org and format the cards with this. So far I have had no Slow SD Card errors. It seems to be an issue with the inbuilt formatter.

I'm glad you mentioned that as I think I have the same experience.

Got a new iFlight DC3 BNF and used brand new SD cards. Everything recorded fine on the air unit. Then I formatted the card and started to have the issues of it stopping the recording mid-flight.

I'm on BF 4.2 and on the 0500 firmware.
2020-6-20
Use props
Shaun_Williams
lvl.1

New Zealand

Im only using small 16GB cards in goggles without issue.

These cards are not the fastest Sandisk but seems to be fine.
2020-6-20
Use props
DG FPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272008 ft
United States

DG FPV Posted at 6-20 07:03
I'm glad you mentioned that as I think I have the same experience.

Got a new iFlight DC3 BNF and used brand new SD cards. Everything recorded fine on the air unit. Then I formatted the card and started to have the issues of it stopping the recording mid-flight.

I wanted to follow up with that formatting the card with the program found at sdcard.org solved my issue. No more having the video recording stop mid flight.

So in my case, formatting the card in the air unit with firmware 0500 was causing the issue.
2020-6-23
Use props
ninjabird
lvl.1

Denmark

a.nasr Posted at 2-13 02:28
Do not delete the files from the air unit SD card, formate it using the goggle

Nice, goggle formatting worked for me also
2020-7-8
Use props
Biogas Engineer
lvl.1
United States

Same issue here as well.  Multiple air units.  Issue happened right after upgrading to V .500.  Using U3 cards.
2020-7-21
Use props
MartyFufkin
lvl.1

United States

So...   the problem went away after I formatted my SD card with Windows 10 as exFAT.  If I format with the Air Unit, the problem happens again.  So...  seems reproducible for me anyway and I can seemingly avoid it.  Hope this helps some others.

Marty
2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_YeaRNYz6KeXV
New

Denmark

I am on the field having same issue.
Brand New SanDisk Extreme V30 64Gb
2020-10-4
Use props
djiuser_zYdSq6mg1dCO
New
Flight distance : 186427 ft
United States

So I've done all those things, for matter to SD card in the goggles use different SD cards recorded from just the goggles. Nothing works still says slow and will not record.
2021-4-19
Use props
Chillax
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-2-13 11:27
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Yes, the advice of your fellow DJI members above about formatting the SD card is good. There is a possibility that the issue might be fixed on this troubleshooting step. You may also refer to the image below for the recommended SD card for the DJI AirUnit for your future reference. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!

Hi DJI Gamora, I am having this issue on the latest Firmware (1.0.6). I tried your suggestions an I've tried  SanDisk Extreme, Extreme Pro and Samsung EVO cards. The "SD Card slow" usually appears after 15 seconds of flight (70% of the time). Can you ask the developers if they are working on firmware version 1.0.7 and if they could solve this issue?
2021-5-11
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

Chillax Posted at 5-11 12:34
Hi DJI Gamora, I am having this issue on the latest Firmware (1.0.6). I tried your suggestions an I've tried  SanDisk Extreme, Extreme Pro and Samsung EVO cards. The "SD Card slow" usually appears after 15 seconds of flight (70% of the time). Can you ask the developers if they are working on firmware version 1.0.7 and if they could solve this issue?

i'm like 99% sure this is a firmware issue and NOT a card issue, I tried almost any card available, including cards that are faster than RAM

just today 3 minutes into the flight just stop recording trows the SD card error on a Sandisk Pro 32GB
2021-5-20
Use props
hypo
New

Iceland

if there is anyone still on this. did anyone actualy figure this out
i am having the same problems
2022-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules