Video is not very smooth
1703 6 2020-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelxxx
lvl.1
Seychelles

Hi,

I´m not really satisfied with the results of my Osmo Pocket. And I don´t know if I use a wrong setting or if this is normal.
I just want to take a smooth video of a buffet (for example).

You can see it here my result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKeqECucs-c

It´s not very smooth and it doen´s look very professional. I find that the video is not very stabilized.

What can be the reason for this? Which setting or mode do I have to use to get a better result?

Michael

2020-2-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Michael. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. You may try doing Ninja walk, use an X-axis stabilizer to better stabilize the said video. In addition I will be posting an official DJI Forum link on DJI Osmo Pocket - 5 Tips for Smoother Cinematic Videos ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-173495-1-1.html ). Thank you.
2020-2-11
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

As DJI Stepen points out, the Pocket doesn't overcome the bounce from walking. "Tilt Lock" can help a little.
2020-2-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

In this video, everything is very close to the camera.  So if the camera moves up or down relative to the nearby objects, it's bound to show.  The gimbal is stabilised relative to handle movements tilting (forward or backwards), panning left and right, and tipping sideways (horizon).  If you move the handle to a different place in the space (holding it higher up or lower down for instance) there's nothing that the stabilisation can do about it.  Now you could use the tracking feature and lock it onto a particular object on the table, so as you walk and move up and down, the gimbal will tilt accordingly, but even so, as you move the whole camera up, the gimbal can only tilt down and so you will see more of the top of the object and less of the side.  It's bound to work like that.  In the end, you just have to practice smooth movement.  Imagine the camera is a heavy bowl of hot soup that you don't want to spill, for instance, not just the tiny light thing that it actually is.  Bend your legs as you walk.  OK, you'll look silly, but people watching the video won't see that.  Also, sometimes using slow motion can help smooth things out.
2020-2-11
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Learn to Ninja Walk
2020-2-11
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Wiz33 Posted at 2-11 18:31
Learn to Ninja Walk

And, if you wear baggy pants that show your underwear, people will think you're cool!
2020-2-11
Use props
Chix
lvl.1
Italy

I have same problems with OP, videos are choppy, not fluid. I think we all need precise tips about settings, fps, Final Cut ecc. Very difficult at the moment produce videos for my customers...
2020-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules