Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Quality Controle (QC) is very bad at DJI at the moment
12Next >
3293 50 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587969 ft
Netherlands

What happend to Quality Controle at DJI??

I month ago in bought a Mavic Mini, new and sealed in box and was full of scratches.

Now again, 2 weeks ago I bought a Mavic 2 pro, and also scratches on the body a gimbal.
The gimbal looks like a factory rework / factory refurbish.

What is happening at DJI? I was a huge fan of the brand but quality has gone down the drain and is selling new products that look like it is used!

I paid a total of 1750 euro for the Mavic 2 pro with fly more combo  and 500 euro for the Mavic mini with fly more combo. That is a lot of money and for that amount of money one should expect a flawless product in a pristine state without scratches.

Also the plastics used these days are of bad quality, even a light touch with my finger nail scratches the plastic of the Mavic 2 pro.

What is happening DJI??
You guys lost respect dor the customer?
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Correction for some typos:
Bought the pro 1 month ago.
Mavic 2 pro has scratches on the BODY AND GIMBAL.
Mavic Mini scratches on the body.

Both came in sealed boxes and are NOT refurbished models, this I checked via DJI.
2020-2-12
Use props
Hurley1718
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you buy them through the DJI website or a 3rd party website?
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

I bought it via a reputable camera store here in the Netherlands.
Boxes where sealed and in a conversation with a customer representative of DJI, who checked the serial number, I was told it was new and I was the one who activated it.
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-12 10:16
I bought it via a reputable camera store here in the Netherlands.
Boxes where sealed and in a conversation with a customer representative of DJI, who checked the serial number, I was told it was new and I was the one who activated it.

Post photos...
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Will do as soon as im home!
2020-2-12
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

That's terrible, though (even though you described it as a reputable source) the third party seller makes me wonder if they get their stock from a proper source.
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Neo Supreme Posted at 2-12 11:53
That's terrible, though (even though you described it as a reputable source) the third party seller makes me wonder if they get their stock from a proper source.
Well, is there a bad source, if any, to stock factory sealed Mavic 2’s?
If so, could you please inform me on this?

Both Mavic’s came in sealed boxes.
Besides the scratches there was gunk/glue on the camera housing of the Mavic 2 pro.
Plastics of the batteries are not the same, as in 1 has a shiny harder plastic, 2 have a matt finish and is very sensitive to scratching, light touch by a finger nail is enough.
Also on the Mavic 2, the two different kinds of plastics is used with the same sensitivity to scratching.
And there is some sort of coloring going on with different tones of grey in the same plastic part of the Mavic 2.

If it scratches so easy it will look in two months as if it is years old. This is not going to last.

On the Mavic mini the battery hatch is scratched all over. The rest of the body is of the harder shiny kind of ABS plastic/composite and almost impossible to scratch with a finger nail..

2020-2-12
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
United States

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-12 11:56
Well, is there a bad source, if any, to stock factory sealed Mavic 2’s?
If so, could you please inform me on this?

If a product comes straight from the manufacturer, then we at least have a straight line of logistics to go on.  If it comes from a third party, who knows where it may be supplied from and how many places it's been.  Of course the culprit can be DJI QC or lack there of, though more hands in the pot can cause more points of failure or damage.
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Neo Supreme Posted at 2-12 12:04
If a product comes straight from the manufacturer, then we at least have a straight line of logistics to go on.  If it comes from a third party, who knows where it may be supplied from and how many places it's been.  Of course the culprit can be DJI QC or lack there of, though more hands in the pot can cause more points of failure or damage.

Thank you for replying!

But the box was sealed, with the DJI seal sticker. One could argue that it was a fake sticker but i dont think it was...
2020-2-12
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
United States

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-12 12:07
Thank you for replying!

But the box was sealed, with the DJI seal sticker. One could argue that it was a fake sticker but i dont think it was...

Then it seems that they may be using refurbished parts on new drones or just passing off refurbished drones as new.  If you bought it second hand, then I can understand that, but if you've paid more than enough for a new product, well then you should receive a new product.  Surprisingly none of the moderators responded with their 'generic' statements yet.  I would most definitely keep contacting DJI customer support, until you get a satisfactory resolve.
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-12 12:07
Thank you for replying!

But the box was sealed, with the DJI seal sticker. One could argue that it was a fake sticker but i dont think it was...

You can easily check when your drone was made, you can also as moderator here to check serial number to see if it was refurb etc .
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 12:14
You can easily check when your drone was made, you can also as moderator here to check serial number to see if it was refurb etc .
I did that by contacting DJI via customer help chat.
The CSR told me, after receiving my serial number, that the Mavic 2 is new and not refurbished.
I also asked if it is possible that they used a refurbished gimbal on a new drone, the CSR told me that it is not possible and all is new.

But the CSR sounded generic/scripted......
2020-2-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to see those pictures as well...
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Oracle Miata Posted at 2-12 12:29
I would like to see those pictures as well...
Coming as soon as im home! At work at the moment..
This is a picture i have on my phone.

No scratches on this picture but you can clearly see the two kinds of plastic, the shiny harder kind (2) and the matt kind (1) that scratches with just a light touch of a finger nail..
45FD404C-7406-48E5-B775-7F0567D2B003.jpeg
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-12 12:19
I did that by contacting DJI via customer help chat.
The CSR told me, after receiving my serial number, that the Mavic 2 is new and not refurbished.
I also asked if it is possible that they used a refurbished gimbal on a new drone, the CSR told me that it is not possible and all is new.

I think your drone is new .
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 12:38
I think your drone is new .
I think so too, so the conclusion for me is that the QC has not the level as it once had...
2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-12 12:32
Coming as soon as im home! At work at the moment..
This is a picture i have on my phone.

Maybe you scratched it yourself ?

I know top of camera can get scratched from gimbal guard but that was the same on all, look if that tiny scratch bothers you, then it’s your right to get your drone changed, usually there are stickers on drone about 6/7 to show all has been checked .
2020-2-12
Use props
MarcelN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

Kamera Express?
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

You know, i am super OCD with my stuff, my camera, phone motorcycle etc..
And I realy dont mind wear and tear. But even than i take realy good care of my stuff, and when I buy something new, it should look new.

I didnt made the scratches and i am aware of the global gimbal scratching issues but this isnt that, its like plastic pieces, before assembly, fel on the ground or something, i dont know but this is not the way it should look out of the box, for both the Mavic mini and Mavic 2 pro.. I had the first Phantom and the first Mavic and they looked new, as it should. So im a loyal customer to DJI, but this just isnt right.
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

MarcelN Posted at 2-12 13:27
Kamera Express?
Yes!! Kamera express! Inform me please!
2020-2-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with the unit. Could you PM us with your order number? I tried to check it using your Forum Account but I can't see any information only the DJI Care Refresh order. However, if the unit was purchased from a dealer please PM us your email account, the serial number of the drone and the order number from the dealer if you have one, we will check and see what we can do for you, thank you in advance!
2020-2-12
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2-12 15:56
Hi, On behalf of DJI I extend my sincere apologies for the issues that you have experienced with the unit. Could you PM us with your order number? I tried to check it using your Forum Account but I can't see any information only the DJI Care Refresh order. However, if the unit was purchased from a dealer please PM us your email account, the serial number of the drone and the order number from the dealer if you have one, we will check and see what we can do for you, thank you in advance!
Thanks for the reply, sending the details via PM! In the attachement you can find the order.

Thanks in advance!
2020-2-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-12 23:51
Thanks for the reply, sending the details via PM! In the attachement you can find the order.

Thanks in advance!

Received and replied, Ferdi. Thank you again for your patience.
2020-2-13
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks again!

Will be updating this topic, for the people who replied in this topic,  as soon as I receive more news.

2020-2-13
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Well, received an email on friday from Carlo (some manager at DJI) asking to go in detail about the issues. Send an email back within 30 min. but no response yet. Still waiting and will update as soon as I have some sort of answer back.

2020-2-18
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Update:

Well, I cant complain about the great service and fast turnover time!
Thanks a lot guys! That was some great customer care...
DJI picked up my Mavic 2 pro and just received a new one, sealed in a box.

BUT!

The Mavic itself is now scratch free but the gimbal is scratched and the gimbal cover too, like there was some particles between the gimbal cover and camera, come on people...
The side circulair plate is flexible and loose.
I dont want to sound like a dick but what is going on here??

This is the last DJI product I will ever buy.
1700 euro’s and again a product witch scratches.
Fix your Quality Controle DJI!
Your service is great (!) but on manufacturing and QC level something is really wrong!  Fix that!
Im an aviation guy and you dont get away with QC like this in aviation!

Thanks for the service but looking out for different brands.

Kind regards,
Ferdi

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
6710D114-2D40-4E0D-98A7-67C4A036046B.jpeg
13BDA468-CC7E-4F4F-98B0-F4FF24D797E1.jpeg
2020-2-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some of the new M2Ps had a gimbal roll problem.  I sent mine in and it works perfectly.  Mine was brand new too but it's hard to use footage when you have the roll when sliding hard left.  The replacement looks new but it doesn't matter, it works as it should.  I also sent my brand new unopened DJI REs in as the screen was defective on the right.  The replacement works.

It's worse having a brand new product that you are stuck with, that doesn't work as it should.  If work was done that fixed a problem it's a lot better.  It means it went through some sort of QC and got repacked.

I would try flying it first to see how it performs.
2020-2-28
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
United States

Wow man.  This is extremely discouraging.  I have a DJI store near me.  I'm wondering if DJI would simply authorize you to turn in your damaged/defective product to a DJI store (official or authorized dealer) and receive one they have in stock.  I think that should be an option.  So sorry to hear this has happened.
2020-2-28
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 2-28 06:52
Some of the new M2Ps had a gimbal roll problem.  I sent mine in and it works perfectly.  Mine was brand new too but it's hard to use footage when you have the roll when sliding hard left.  The replacement looks new but it doesn't matter, it works as it should.  I also sent my brand new unopened DJI REs in as the screen was defective on the right.  The replacement works.

It's worse having a brand new product that you are stuck with, that doesn't work as it should.  If work was done that fixed a problem it's a lot better.  It means it went through some sort of QC and got repacked.

Thanks for the reply!

So in other words, this is a refurbished/remanufactured camera/gimbal?
I am paying for a new product and not refurbished/remanufactured!
This is not acceptable and should look pristine/new.

Any way, im done with the DJI lottery...
2020-2-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-28 07:24
Thanks for the reply!

So in other words, this is a refurbished/remanufactured camera/gimbal?

I had an absolute brand new M2P but the roll when going hard left was super bad.  They sent me, I think a new one but I'm not sure (had stickers and everything clean).  It had scratches but I'm not sure if it was from me removing the gimbal cover as I didn't look for it when I very first got it.  You just can't fly w/ a broken gimbal drone.. at least it's not useable.  Some people had it worse where it was on both sides.  It wouldn't stay level.  The replacement stays stable.

I told DJI about it like crazy so I assumed they took action.  Probably opened up some boxes to fix the problem.

Go here at about 2:22 or just watch the whole thing

Go to this at about 0:49 or just watch the whole thing

I didn't really fly my replacement much.  I only used it for 1 job and it worked great.  I'm saying, new doesn't mean better.
2020-2-28
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thanks for the replies!

As inspecting the gimbal better I just discoverd this gap at the horizontal gimbal axis which is asking for debris collecting!
Comparing to my other Mavic 2 pro and others this gap should not be there and I am suspecting that this gimbal is NOT new and is  refurbished which is forbidden by EU law! (When selling a product as new, it should be new!)

This is just ridiculous.
2020-2-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-28 07:42
Thanks for the replies!

As inspecting the gimbal better I just discoverd this gap at the horizontal gimbal axis which is asking for debris collecting!

Mine had a gap.  The replacement gap is a lot less though..
2020-2-28
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-28 06:35
Update:

Well, I cant complain about the great service and fast turnover time!

That's just DJI using cheap poor quality plastic parts to make more money.

The quality of their build and components has really fallen away after the Mavic Air

2020-2-28
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

Mine previous Mavic 2 did not and comparing with other mavic 2 pro’s on the internet it should not be there.
2020-2-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure why it's angled.  It's not angled on my PC.  Can DJI fix?
2020-2-28
Use props
Ferdi Mendes
lvl.2
Netherlands

AntDX316 Posted at 2-28 07:45
[view_image]I'm not sure why it's angled.  It's not angled on my PC.  Can DJI fix?

Well, with a variation like yours i could live, compared to the huge gap mine has its a small gap.

If DJI would offer me a refund I would accept it!
2020-2-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-28 07:43
Mine previous Mavic 2 did not and comparing with other mavic 2 pro’s on the internet it should not be there.

I remember my previous M2P having a similar gap to the M2Z.  The M2Z has the best horizon hold though.  I slide in Sport mode while the horizon is still leveled or at least leveled enough but all the DJI drones have some sort of tilt all the time.  If you are getting mega 45° tilts like I did w/ the 1st M2P, it's just bad.

2020-2-28
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-28 07:48
Well, with a variation like yours i could live, compared to the huge gap mine has its a small gap.

That is a very large gap, almost like it didn't fit properly.
Every photo I've seen of the camera and gimbal has very thin equal gaps on either side of the lens.
They have never been lopsided like yours.

The only other time I saw this sort of a gap was after a bad crash
2020-2-28
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ferdi Mendes Posted at 2-28 07:48

At least try flying it to see in Sport mode and upload the footage.  Full stick tests.   It might have some awesome bearings and/or beefier gimbal motors.  You might have had a DJI developer cherry-picked copy with better components.  Only way to tell is to test it and examine the results by comparing it against the rest.

My products were made like, the same month I bought them so they were super brand new from DJI Shenzen, CN and I knew, new doesn't mean best all the time.  They were defective and DJI addressed the issues.
2020-2-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules