No Image transmission
1133 10 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Migacz
lvl.1

United States

I got my gimbal back from DJI about 4 weeks ago, because of a bad pitch motor.  After installing the gimbal, everything worked.  If flew fine with image transmission.  About two weeks ago I flew it and an issue popped up after 5 minutes of flying.  The video streaming on my mobile device stopped working.  The drone still responded to the controller.  On the mobile device the camera functions and options were all greyed out (I could not select them).  RTH worked.  I tried a different mobile device and the same thing happened.  I re-imstalled the app on both mobile devices and nothing changed.  I did notice that the drong would not connect to the PC thru the USB on the gimbal.  After that I removed the SD card and tryed again.  Nothing changed.  Next, I put the sd card in a different media device and it worked.  I also, formated and uploaded firmware to the sd card and tryed refresh the firmware.  It never initated when I turned the drone on.  Take a look at the video and see if I'm missing something.
2020-2-12
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

I noticed the LED on the camera mount was red and then went out.  It should be green if working properly.  Doesn't seem to be an app issue to me.  Maybe check your connections to the camera.
2020-2-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You can try disconnecting the multi pinned gimbal connector. Gently pry up on the tab, the reinsert.
2020-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for that case happened. Please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance, our team will do the best to help this out. Thanks.
2020-2-12
Use props
Mark Migacz
lvl.1

United States

WD9EON Posted at 2-12 16:37
I noticed the LED on the camera mount was red and then went out.  It should be green if working properly.  Doesn't seem to be an app issue to me.  Maybe check your connections to the camera.

Try re-connecting the cable that plugs into the top of the gimbal.  No change.
2020-2-13
Use props
Mark Migacz
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-12 23:40
Hi there, sorry for that case happened. Please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance, our team will do the best to help this out. Thanks.

Will this require me to send the gimbal back to DJI?  Or will they walk me thru ways to troubleshoot my issue?
2020-2-13
Use props
Mark Migacz
lvl.1

United States

I tried a new SD card yesterday.  Same thing.  It seems strange that when I plug the USB from the gimbal to my PC nothing happens.  Its like it can't communicate with the SD card.  Any thoughts?
2020-2-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mark Migacz Posted at 2-14 10:49
I tried a new SD card yesterday.  Same thing.  It seems strange that when I plug the USB from the gimbal to my PC nothing happens.  Its like it can't communicate with the SD card.  Any thoughts?

Forget the SD card, all those symptoms point to a failed connection between the body of the aircraft and the gimbal/video sub-assembly. All the video processing, even the transmission of video back to the RC unit is handled in the silver metal assembly the gimbal is mounted on.
2020-2-14
Use props
Mark Migacz
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-14 22:25
Forget the SD card, all those symptoms point to a failed connection between the body of the aircraft and the gimbal/video sub-assembly. All the video processing, even the transmission of video back to the RC unit is handled in the silver metal assembly the gimbal is mounted on.

Thanks for the feedback!  In your opinion is the gimbal board damaged?  After this issue started, I replaced the cable that runs from the gimbal board to the main (center) board.  No change.
2020-2-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Mark Migacz Posted at 2-15 05:45
Thanks for the feedback!  In your opinion is the gimbal board damaged?  After this issue started, I replaced the cable that runs from the gimbal board to the main (center) board.  No change.

If you replaced the cable correctly, then it is possible the board has a fault. But there are too many variables to be sure about that.
2020-2-15
Use props
Mark Migacz
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-15 13:56
If you replaced the cable correctly, then it is possible the board has a fault. But there are too many variables to be sure about that.

Problem solved.  I exchanged the gimbal board with a known good board.  It works!!
2020-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules