Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini DAT File.
6968 30 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2817172 ft
United Kingdom

I have read lot's of reports of crashes or near crashes in these forums.
Most of the time the user manages to upload and share the link to the .txt flight log from their mobile device.
This flight log is useful in seeing what happened during the flight but only holds a fraction of what the DAT flight log holds.
Using the txt flight log is useful to see what happened, but not very useful at finding out the cause of what happened.
One of the reasons users are unable to find the DAT file in the MCFlightLog directory is because they have autosync enabled in DJI Fly apps settings
Once the flight logs are synced with DJI the DAT files are deleted from the mobile device.
Once the DAT file is deleted there is no way the user can upload and share the link in these forums for other users to analyze what was going on in the drone itself, therefore never really knowing what went wrong.
I will say this again "Disable Autosync" in DJI Fly.

2020-2-12
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

One question, so would be a good practice to have them set to "off", then manually download them and then turn it "On"?
That way they sync to airdata and DJI after you have the files.
2020-2-13
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 10:48
One question, so would be a good practice to have them set to "off", then manually download them and then turn it "On"?
That way they sync to airdata and DJI after you have the files.

App asks to upload (or enable sync) in flights overview menu, so I saved DAT files first, than uploaded flight records with app, and then turned sync off again for next flights.
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

virtual Posted at 2-13 11:52
App asks to upload (or enable sync) in flights overview menu, so I saved DAT files first, than uploaded flight records with app, and then turned sync off again for next flights.

I see, cool to know, that´s what I will do from now on.
Thanks!
2020-2-13
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

Now I need to learn how to read and display logs, there's CsvView/DatCon app option...
2020-2-13
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
United Kingdom

virtual Posted at 2-13 12:27
Now I need to learn how to read and display logs, there's CsvView/DatCon app option...

DatCon is legacy, best use FRAP and CsvView.
I use FRAP for txt logs and CsvView for DAT files.
2020-2-13
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

Thank You, great info!
P.S. Although I uploaded recent flights manually, Flight distance shown here on forum is not updated at the moment.

2020-2-14
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-13 12:39
DatCon is legacy, best use FRAP and CsvView.
I use FRAP for txt logs and CsvView for DAT files.

DatCon is NOT legacy. DatCon has features that are unavailable in CsvView. DatCon's use is about the same as CsvView. DatCon is updated everytime CsvView is updated.
2020-2-14
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BudWalker Posted at 2-14 06:51
DatCon is NOT legacy. DatCon has features that are unavailable in CsvView. DatCon's use is about the same as CsvView. DatCon is updated everytime CsvView is updated.

Sorry Bud, my bad.
What are the diffences between them both.
2020-2-14
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

grahamjohnson10 Posted at 2-14 07:11
Sorry Bud, my bad.
What are the diffences between them both.

DatCon has the abiliy to 1) set both the range and offset of the Time Axis, 2) select a Sample Rate, 3) select the creation of the eventLog, configLog and recDefs file, 4) create a .KML file. 2020-02-14_7-31-38.jpg

DatCon also is an easier way to just create the .csv which some users find useful
2020-2-14
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
United Kingdom

BudWalker Posted at 2-14 07:38
DatCon has the abiliy to 1) set both the range and offset of the Time Axis, 2) select a Sample Rate, 3) select the creation of the eventLog, configLog and recDefs file, 4) create a .KML file.[view_image]

DatCon also is an easier way to just create the .csv which some users find useful

Thanks Bud
2020-2-14
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

I've never let these files be synched.  As a result, this forum shows my distance flown to be zero.  Other than that minor bit of cosmetics, why would I care to have these files uploaded to DJI?
2020-2-14
Use props
jonny007
lvl.4
Germany

Sigmo Posted at 2-14 07:56
I've never let these files be synched.  As a result, this forum shows my distance flown to be zero.  Other than that minor bit of cosmetics, why would I care to have these files uploaded to DJI?

I do the same. Respectively I move (copy and delete) the TXT logs from the smartphone to my PC. Sometimes I check them on Airdata. The huge memory-eating DAT logs I delete regularly. And of course no sync with DJI server.
2020-2-14
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

I had sync turned on and the dat files are not deleted immediately. The 3 flights I took on 11 Feb generated DAT files and they are still getting deleted progressively. I miss one file per few days. They were generated all within an hour but they go one by one?
2020-2-15
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

BudWalker Posted at 2-14 07:38
DatCon has the abiliy to 1) set both the range and offset of the Time Axis, 2) select a Sample Rate, 3) select the creation of the eventLog, configLog and recDefs file, 4) create a .KML file.[view_image]

What are you guys doing to make these Datcon/CsvView programs run? I cannot get them to run on a Windows 10 pc. They used to complain about Java 1.7.0 RU being missing so I searched around and found it, NOT on the Oracle site. Now the programs do nothing when attempting to start.
2020-2-15
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

Guorium Posted at 2-15 14:53
I had sync turned on and the dat files are not deleted immediately. The 3 flights I took on 11 Feb generated DAT files and they are still getting deleted progressively. I miss one file per few days. They were generated all within an hour but they go one by one?

On my Android phone (app 106) were old files deleted, today I found only DAT files from yesterday.
2020-2-16
Use props
grahamjohnson10
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 2-15 19:34
What are you guys doing to make these Datcon/CsvView programs run? I cannot get them to run on a Windows 10 pc. They used to complain about Java 1.7.0 RU being missing so I searched around and found it, NOT on the Oracle site. Now the programs do nothing when attempting to start.

I'm running Java 8 Update 231 and both CsvView and DatCon run fine.
2020-2-16
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

virtual Posted at 2-16 02:49
On my Android phone (app 106) were old files deleted, today I found only DAT files from yesterday.

and your sync was on this whole time? Or off?
2020-2-16
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

Guorium Posted at 2-16 04:15
and your sync was on this whole time? Or off?

When I had Sync turned on, there were no DAT logs at all on my phone.
2020-2-16
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Australia

virtual Posted at 2-16 04:45
When I had Sync turned on, there were no DAT logs at all on my phone.

Yeah that is true. Turning it on and sync does not immediately remove the dat files. Turning it off, I still slowly lose Dat files. It does not even happen in chronological order...
2020-2-16
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What are you guys doing to make these Datcon/CsvView programs run? I cannot get them to run on a Windows 10 pc. They used to complain about Java 1.7.0 RU being missing so I searched around and found it, NOT on the Oracle site. Now the programs do nothing when attempting to start.

Can you provide more info?

In version 3.7.3 the required Java was changed from 1.7 to 1.8. You may be running into that. But, there should've been a popup if this is the problem.

You could try version 3.7.0 which requires Java 1.7.

Lemme know what you find out.
2020-2-16
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Never mind, I finally got them (3.7.3) working. For some reason I kept getting Java 32 bit. I had to go to a special manual download page at Java to get the 64 bit version.
2020-2-16
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Czechia

Guorium Posted at 2-16 04:53
Yeah that is true. Turning it on and sync does not immediately remove the dat files. Turning it off, I still slowly lose Dat files. It does not even happen in chronological order...

Interesting. I had a week old files, turned autosync off for yestersdays flights, today I found new files only...
There's Uploaded folder on the phone, but txt logs only, if I remember right.
2020-2-16
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

What are you guys doing to make these Datcon/CsvView programs run? I cannot get them to run on a Windows 10 pc. They used to complain about Java 1.7.0 RU being missing so I searched around and found it, NOT on the Oracle site. Now the programs do nothing when attempting to start.

same here ive tried to install csview 4 times installs ok then asks to install the java runtime environment! java installs tried to open csv view and askj to install java again! so what other apps cant be used to read the .dat files downloaded from a mavic mini!
2020-5-19
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 5-19 13:47
same here ive tried to install csview 4 times installs ok then asks to install the java runtime environment! java installs tried to open csv view and askj to install java again! so what other apps cant be used to read the .dat files downloaded from a mavic mini!

make sure you get Java 64 bit, it defaults to 32 bit. Go to the manual page and select the third option

manual page - https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

direct link - https://javadl.oracle.com/webapp ... 28bbe94aed7ec7ae784
2020-5-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
lvl.4
United Kingdom

itchyeyeballs Posted at 5-19 14:15
make sure you get Java 64 bit, it defaults to 32 bit. Go to the manual page and select the third option

manual page - https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

will have a look at that now ! i must admit the dat file is huge off the mavic mini ! 500 meg i only wanted to see what data came off the drone as i cant be bothered trying to get the dat file off the iphone as im not installing i-tunes !
2020-5-19
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yep, I needed the 64 bit version, not 32. It works fine for me now. If I am remembering this correctly, the file on the Mini is not the same as ones on the phone and cannot be read by CsvView. I think the reason it is huge is because it contains all the dat files in one file, not just the latest one.
2020-5-19
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 5-19 15:31
will have a look at that now ! i must admit the dat file is huge off the mavic mini ! 500 meg i only wanted to see what data came off the drone as i cant be bothered trying to get the dat file off the iphone as im not installing i-tunes !

I believe the Dat file on drone is encrypted and can only be read by DGI.

Can you use Airdrop or something similar to get Day files off phone?
2020-5-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
lvl.4
United Kingdom

itchyeyeballs Posted at 5-19 23:09
I believe the Dat file on drone is encrypted and can only be read by DGI.

Can you use Airdrop or something similar to get Day files off phone?

Ive already cleaned the phone down with the dat files and the other flight data! im back out today so will try to use itunes to get the data off the phone ! im just loathed to use i-tunes and its bloat ware garbage it install. I noticed that the dat files where encrypted after i had deleted the other files buddy so that was a doh moment!
2020-5-19
Use props
djiuser_j57ROhz2llsd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3625 ft

Germany

Csak egy kérdésem van. Beolvastam a .DAT fájlt a Dronból, de nem tudom megnyitni a CsvView fájllal. a következő hibaüzenetet adja:
2023-6-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You want the DAT from the phone, not the drone. Look in the MCDatFlightRecords folder
2023-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules