Mavic Mini Auto Discharger??
654 9 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15PSI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13694 ft
United States

Does anyone offer an auto discharger for the Mavic Mini for storage purposes? I know the iSDT FD-100 is used by some other RC folks with different planes/cars/helis etc, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't offer the correct adapter for the Mini's batteries.

Other than discharging the batteries down to 40-70% by charging your phone, or by flying your quad (sorry, I hate the term Drone), does anyone know of any company who currently offers an auto discharging device?

Does anyone know of a similar device currently in beta or any stage of development? This would be very attractive to the market if some enterprising engineer would design such a device. I have an EE, but zero time to take on a project like this. The challenge would be to get the appropriate physical interface to work as a plug and play device.

Anyone??

2020-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Haven’t heard anything better so far than reducing on phone or pad . Let’s see if someone else has anything better .
2020-2-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-12
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
United States

Thank you. I truly believe that a device like this would be a marketable hit. If anyone can provide me a source for the physical connector, I just might find some time to put one together. However, I would hope that someone can do this before I have to allocate the time to produce one LOL.
2020-2-12
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 15:57
Haven’t heard anything better so far than reducing on phone or pad . Let’s see if someone else has anything better .

I certainly hope so. This would be a market success if someone decides to put forth the effort.
2020-2-12
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sacrificed a charge cord from my Mavic mini 6 in 1 charger to connect to a FD-100 discharger. If you had the right plugs you could just make an adaptor and not need to cut the charge cable. I have not seen anything else out there for discharging.

2020-2-12
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
United States

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2-12 18:44
I sacrificed a charge cord from my Mavic mini 6 in 1 charger to connect to a FD-100 discharger. If you had the right plugs you could just make an adaptor and not need to cut the charge cable. I have not seen anything else out there for discharging.

[view_image]

Thanks. That brings the solution even closer. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
2020-2-12
Use props
Christian U
lvl.4
Flight distance : 189659 ft
Germany

You can use the 3-way charger as powerbank with an electronic load like this: https://www.amazon.de/Topker-Ein ... 81564572&sr=8-4
2020-2-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is not necessary to use a discharger, the battery technology of the mini is lithium ion, not LiPo as used in the other models. It does not need or benefit from a discharge cycle.
2020-2-12
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

"...There is virtually no self-discharge below about 4.0V at 20C (68F); storing at 3.7V yields amazing longevity for most Li-ion systems. Finding the exact 40–50 percent SoC level to store Li-ion is not that important. At 40 percent charge, most Li-ion has an OCV of 3.82V/cell at room temperature..."

From
https://batteryuniversity.com/le ... _to_store_batteries
2020-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules