Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Follow, Tilt Locked, or FPV - How to choose?
18881 6 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James M
lvl.1
United States

Am trying to understand what should drive your decision making when choosing between Follow, Tilt Locked, FPV. Can anyone distill this for me with real world examples such as "When you are shooting the following kind of scenarios, use..." Thank you.
2020-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, James. Thank you for bringing this query to us. I will be providing you the definition of every modes that are available on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.

Tilt Locked: The tilt and roll axes will be locked, while the pan axis will follow.
Follow: The tilt and pan axes will follow, while the roll axis will be locked.
FPV Mode: All three axes will follow.

You can also check out the tutorial videos on youtube about the real shooting experience of every mode. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you for your support!
2020-2-13
Use props
James M
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 09:59
Hi, James. Thank you for bringing this query to us. I will be providing you the definition of every modes that are available on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.

Tilt Locked: The tilt and roll axes will be locked, while the pan axis will follow.

TY, DJI Gamora.
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

You are always welcome, James!
2020-2-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I made this video to describe the gimbal modes of the Osmo Pocket but most of it would apply to the Mobile 3 also.  As for when to use each mode - well, once you have a good understanding of what the modes actually do, then you will quickly be able to decide how they fit into your own movie making.

2020-2-14
Use props
James M
lvl.1
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-14 03:17
I made this video to describe the gimbal modes of the Osmo Pocket but most of it would apply to the Mobile 3 also.  As for when to use each mode - well, once you have a good understanding of what the modes actually do, then you will quickly be able to decide how they fit into your own movie making.

https://youtu.be/BTUyClsi2nM

Thank you. This was helpful. Shooting into the mirror an excellent means of demonstration. Very clever.
2020-2-14
Use props
Kiddi
lvl.1
Iceland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-2-13 09:59
Hi, James. Thank you for bringing this query to us. I will be providing you the definition of every modes that are available on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.

I don't find the present terms very descriptive. Would it be more clear to call the modes something like...

Tilt Holding  or Hold Tilt
Roll Holding or Hold Roll
No Holding  or Hold None
?
2021-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules