4850 11 2020-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Well, this is new territory to me. I've acquired injured but alive Inspire 2 with CDNG and ProRes licences, purchased new 240GB SSD card and Thunderbolt reader. I was told that video recording on both SD and SSD cards is happening without issue. The system is recognizing standard micro SD card and recording on it, but don't see SSD card. The reader is apparently accepted by MacBook Pro, but when open to explore the content or whatever is plugged in (virgin SSD card in this case), it shows nothing ...

Like I said, I was able to survive without these advanced video formats of Inspire 2 until now, but why not to try since I've access to such options now.
What may be the issue(s), Brothers?

EDIT: It turned out that the SSD interface cable was un-plugged inside Cinecore module.
Screenshot_2020-02-12-18-26-14.png
Screenshot_2020-02-12-18-26-30.png
Screenshot_2020-02-12-18-26-50.png
2020-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to format your SSD to see if the problem persists. Also, please make sure that the aircraft is running the latest firmware before formatting. In addition, if you have a different SSD on your end can you please try to use it for us to only isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-2-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 09:43
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to format your SSD to see if the problem persists. Also, please make sure that the aircraft is running the latest firmware before formatting. In addition, if you have a different SSD on your end can you please try to use it for us to only isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Gamora, please examine second screenshot again ... Can you see greyed Format SSD button (in red circle)? What that means?
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-13 11:49
Gamora, please examine second screenshot again ... Can you see greyed Format SSD button (in red circle)? What that means?

Did you try to format it using your PC?
2020-2-13
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 13:00
Did you try to format it using your PC?

My Mac is accepting the reader, but see nothing when this new card is plugged in ...
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-13 14:30
My Mac is accepting the reader, but see nothing when this new card is plugged in ...

Can you please clarify if the DJI GO 4 app is now recognizing the SSD?
2020-2-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 15:04
Can you please clarify if the DJI GO 4 app is now recognizing the SSD?

Yes, now DJI Go 4 app is recognizing the SSD, but the license is gone. Please refer to this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D560%26typeid%3D560
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-16 13:24
Yes, now DJI Go 4 app is recognizing the SSD, but the license is gone. Please refer to this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=209073&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D560%26typeid%3D560

Already sent you a PM with regards to this issue, Matthew kindly please check your inbox. Thank you!
2020-2-18
Use props
Tsebu
lvl.1

Mongolia

can you tell me where is "SSD interface cable" located in the front or back side of the Body? Much thanks i have same problem as you.
2021-2-8
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Tsebu Posted at 2-8 19:48
can you tell me where is "SSD interface cable" located in the front or back side of the Body? Much thanks i have same problem as you.

That is not necessarily the culprit, but you may check this connector anyway. You may try to format SSD card via computer using specialized software. Somebody did that, but I don't remember what is the software name.

ssd interface cable.jpg
2021-2-8
Use props
Tsebu
lvl.1

Mongolia

Much thanks, if you remember what is the software name please let me know. Mine sometimes SSD is enabled, and start recording few times then disappeared.
2021-2-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Tsebu Posted at 2-9 07:32
Much thanks, if you remember what is the software name please let me know. Mine sometimes SSD is enabled, and start recording few times then disappeared.

1. Are you using one only SSD card or multiple?
2. The issue is permanent or intermittent?
3. SSD card may be broken as well.
2021-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules