OP mic adapter detection and issues
693 2 2020-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xanmato
lvl.1
United States

So I am using the Osmo Pocket microphone adapter, and have an odd issue with it. I have a microphone, that when connected, does not light up the microphone icon. It stays dim, although the adapter IS receiving audio from the mic, as the audiometer moves and sound is recorded on the resulting video. The mic in question is a Movo DOM2. I have verified that my adapter is working correctly as I also have a Saramonic sr-xm1 microphone that does light up the icon. Both adapters have TRS connectors.

Now, the other problem it has, rather than simply the microphone icon not lighting up, is that it records in faulty stereo. I know the Osmo pocket actually records in mono, but encodes the audio into two identical channel stereo, 192kbps aac. The Saramonic performs as expected with identical channel stereo. The Movo DOM2 does not. While the intended audio recorded is identical, the right channel is slightly garbled.

I have taken the time to create a video describing the issue. An audio file is played and the input source (microphone) is switched throughout the video. Please note, the audio levels of all microphones are the same. I made sure they recorded from the same source, the same distance from the speaker, and the same volume. The mic gain was tested at auto as well as max db, though the final audio selections all use the same gain (max). The final audio composite was then amplified so you can at least hear the low recording volume of the Saramonic.  

The Movo DOM2 appears to be extremely good at recording audio for being a unpowered microphone. Being able to record at a much higher volume than the stock microphone is amazing. Hopefully the engineers can figure issue this out and provide an update to fix the garbled audio. Right now I simply clone the left audio channel in my video editor, but it would be nice if this could be fixed so viewing the original video won't have a garbled audio channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naXKZbdLhmI

2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. I will go ahead and forward this concern of yours to our designate team for further clarification. I will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for your support!
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you patiently waiting. I was able to clarify this concern of yours to our relevant department and the compatibility issue between OP and Movo DOM2 is already been pushed to our RD team. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules