Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Payload detect mode and limits set
18736 33 2020-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

I bought the Pgytech extension legs a while back and used them once only once due to the fact that the mini "detected" the payload and restriced the max Altitude to 98 feet and a max distance of 164 feet. I tested them again today with the new firware updates only to find that restriction still in place. It does not matter if I do not have payload option selected as the mini automaticly detects it and sets the restriction. I have tested this both by selection and NOT selecting the payload option. Both results in the restriction being placed.
Payload2.jpg

Is there a way with current firmeware/software or with future firmware/software that we can choose to set our own limits or turn off the limits? I understand there will be a reduction to flight time and preformance. However with these restrictions in place it limits what we can do.

The funny thing is that I can fly my mini indoors with no gps and it does NOT detect the legs and it does NOT restrict the altitude/distance. Yet with gps on and outdoors, the restrictions are placed. Seams kinda backwards don't you think????????
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. As of the moment, we are not capable to choose whether we will set our own limits or turn off the limits on the payload mode since the DJI Mavic Mini was designed to have this functioned. You may also refer to the image below for your reference. Hope this helps. Thank you!

2020-2-13
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

we've discuss it before, not sure if the s/w version has changed anything:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-203889-1-1.html
2020-2-13
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 15:48
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. As of the moment, we are not capable to choose whether we will set our own limits or turn off the limits on the payload mode since the DJI Mavic Mini was designed to have this functioned. You may also refer to the image below for your reference. Hope this helps. Thank you!

[view_image]

So the answer in English is that the mini was designed this way and you (DJ)I have NO, ZERO, ZED, NOTTA, ZIP, desires to change this. got it, thank you

Autel EVO 2 is looking VERY GOOD
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 2-13 17:16
So the answer in English is that the mini was designed this way and you (DJ)I have NO, ZERO, ZED, NOTTA, ZIP, desires to change this. got it, thank you

We totally understand your request. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you!
2020-2-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thanks for jinxing me, I got the error twice today after having never seen it all this year.    have not changed my drone config at all.  flying all over the park and then halfway thru battery, it came on and I hit a brick wall; couldn't fly back out even outside the parking lot.

but the good news is you can go into the settings and turn off payload mode and you're gtg.  it might turn on again but you just have to keep turning it off.  also I tried landing and takeoff again and it cleared.  annoying.
2020-2-15
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-15 15:24
thanks for jinxing me, I got the error twice today after having never seen it all this year.    have not changed my drone config at all.  flying all over the park and then halfway thru battery, it came on and I hit a brick wall; couldn't fly back out even outside the parking lot.

but the good news is you can go into the settings and turn off payload mode and you're gtg.  it might turn on again but you just have to keep turning it off.  also I tried landing and takeoff again and it cleared.  annoying.

i tried turning it on and off. didn't change anything for me. I'm pretty sure it is related to the altitude.
2020-2-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 2-15 20:30
i tried turning it on and off. didn't change anything for me. I'm pretty sure it is related to the altitude.

sure we already know why the payload message comes on.

but i'm telling you what happened to me.  after the payload message came on, i brought my drone home and set it down right in front of me.  didn't even have to turn it off.  just took off again.  this time the message didn't come on and i was able to fly out the rest of my battery in peace.

if your payload warning comes on right after you connect and lift off, i don't know what to tell you.  have you tried to go into the settings and simply turn it off?  this is on v4 software.  even that works for me.

what are some of the things you have tried?
2020-2-15
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 2-15 20:38
sure we already know why the payload message comes on.

but i'm telling you what happened to me.  after the payload message came on, i brought my drone home and set it down right in front of me.  didn't even have to turn it off.  just took off again.  this time the message didn't come on and i was able to fly out the rest of my battery in peace.

Thats what I am saying, the message came on immediately after take off,  with in the first few seconds. I have gone into settings before take off and after to turn it off and it wont. tried turning it both on and off before takeoff. no effect. Pull the legs of and all normal.
2020-2-15
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 2-15 21:17
Thats what I am saying, the message came on immediately after take off,  with in the first few seconds. I have gone into settings before take off and after to turn it off and it wont. tried turning it both on and off before takeoff. no effect. Pull the legs of and all normal.

ok that really sucks.  mine doesn't work that way at all.  let me know if you need any more help.
2020-2-15
Use props
mini_ranger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6834 ft
United States

Hi Jolly,

I have exactly same issue with my propeller guards in place.
Have you got rid of this issue ?? or it still keeps bothering you ?

Thanks
2020-5-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mini_ranger Posted at 5-11 12:58
Hi Jolly,

i no longer have any payload problems and my drone is permanently payload heavy.  please make sure you are using the latest software version and when the payload warning comes on, simply turn it off.  it's that simple.  let us know if you still have problems.
2020-5-11
Use props
mini_ranger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6834 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-11 14:31
i no longer have any payload problems and my drone is permanently payload heavy.  please make sure you are using the latest software version and when the payload warning comes on, simply turn it off.  it's that simple.  let us know if you still have problems.

Below is my situation.

1) With propeller guards and payload mode turned off (which is default) , I get this warning . Which shouldn't happen
2) With propeller guards and payload mode turned on  , I get this warning which is ok since  i have enabled.
3) Without propeller guards I was able to fly past 100ft height.

I am still learning to fly, so would like to fly with propeller guards  till i get  comfortable. How to get past 98ft height with propeller guards on ? I have recent firmware updates.

Thanks
2020-5-11
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Remove the extra weight and payload mode will turn off. It's telling you the drone is working harder to support the extra weight you have put on the drone. It will reduce your flight time also because the motors have to work harder. Learn to hand launch and land. Much better than extension legs...
2020-5-11
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mini_ranger Posted at 5-11 17:38
Below is my situation.

1) With propeller guards and payload mode turned off (which is default) , I get this warning . Which shouldn't happen

sorry i really don't know how to guards work, not sure what is going on there.

when i get the warning due to heavy accessories, i hover, go into the menu setting, turn it off, keep flying.
2020-5-11
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

mini_ranger Posted at 5-11 12:58
Hi Jolly,

Still keeps bothering me. DJI will not change it, they already stated. So I fly with NO accessories period.
2020-5-11
Use props
philgib
lvl.3

France

- I wonder how the drone finds out that there is a payload
- I wonder what would happen with a new cage which would be, half the weight
2020-5-19
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 5-11 19:15
Still keeps bothering me. DJI will not change it, they already stated. So I fly with NO accessories period.

The mini is built to fit under the 250g limit, there is very little tolerance in system to lift extra weight.

Stock Mini's are already falling out of the sky with uncommanded descents, if DJI allowed users to remove this restriction they would be seeing a huge number of warranty claims,
2020-5-19
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

itchyeyeballs Posted at 5-19 05:48
The mini is built to fit under the 250g limit, there is very little tolerance in system to lift extra weight.

Stock Mini's are already falling out of the sky with uncommanded descents, if DJI allowed users to remove this restriction they would be seeing a huge number of warranty claims,

disagree my friend.  disagree.
2020-5-19
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 5-19 06:15

The world would be a boring place if that didn't happen

What do you disagree with though?

The mini's lifting capacity? the fact that they are falling out of the sky in stock form? Or would you just like a manual override to take your own risks and accept no warranty?
2020-5-19
Use props
RCnerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18307 ft
United States

The Saint Posted at 5-19 06:15

I put 100g of weight on my mini and tossed it around the sky as hard as I could... No warnings of any kind, which really surprised me.  Maybe it's because I didn't fly very high and I'm only at 2600 ft. elevation.  
2020-5-20
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Quite a proof for the motors and battery. I wouldn't test that myself. Nice to know it can.
2020-5-20
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2020-5-20
Use props
metaphor1k
lvl.1
United States

Flew with my lights for the first time and they set the auto payload mode off. It's pretty damn lame that I can't adjust this so it doesn't happen. These lights don't weigh that much and when in payload mode, flight distance and altitude is ridiculously restricted. I went from very happy to quite disappointed with this thing.
2020-6-11
Use props
metaphor1k
lvl.1
United States

Yes. My lights did the same, throw my Mini into payload mode, which is lame to begin with, but then to not be able to turn this feature off is more lame still, IMO.
2020-6-11
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
United States

metaphor1k Posted at 6-11 22:30
Yes. My lights did the same, throw my Mini into payload mode, which is lame to begin with, but then to not be able to turn this feature off is more lame still, IMO.

yup, cannot add ANYTHING to the mini or this happens. just give up. DJI has stated they WILL NOT change this
2020-6-12
Use props
Bernard Brady
New

Ireland

Just buy a launching pad best 20 euro I ever spent And for get about the leg extenders. As for the prop guards I think there only ment for inside or very close flying out side
2020-6-14
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

You should make some research before going ballistic... the Mini’s motors cannot handle the extra payload under high winds. Also battery life is heavily impacted. Therefore, those limitations are there to save you from losing your drone.

If you’re willing to spend double the money, then yes the Autel looks good and so do the Air 2 and the M2P. Especially if your first priority to fly with prop guards.
2020-6-14
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

mini_ranger Posted at 5-11 17:38
Below is my situation.

You can  purchase some 3d party prop guards that weight much less than the original cage. You will probably not get the full 360 protection but you will definitely manage to overcome the payload restrictions while still protecting the gimbal and propellers from a direct horizontal hit
2020-6-14
Use props
newbury
lvl.2
United States

This is something that should be stated in all advertisements.  I can accept the increased battery usage due to extra weight but if I want to fly with the prop guards on it should not matter whether I'm inside or out.
2020-8-26
Use props
Jakinakrak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15892 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-2-15 15:16
We totally understand your request. However, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you!

I would lie DJI to look at this also. I am not even able to fly to the top of the trees in my yard with prop guards on.
2021-1-11
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Jakinakrak Posted at 1-11 21:44
I would lie DJI to look at this also. I am not even able to fly to the top of the trees in my yard with prop guards on.

First of all, you likely should not be using prop guards when outside.  Makes it WAY too easy to have the wind carry your Mini away.
As for Payload mode.  After the software tells you that you are in payload mode, go into the settings and turn it off if you want to.  Takes less than 10 seconds.  Done.
Nothing for DJI to look into.  The warning correctly comes up if it detects a payload (and it does not take very much), and you have the option to over-ride it if you want to.
2021-1-11
Use props
Jakinakrak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15892 ft
United States

K6CCC Posted at 1-11 21:55
First of all, you likely should not be using prop guards when outside.  Makes it WAY too easy to have the wind carry your Mini away.
As for Payload mode.  After the software tells you that you are in payload mode, go into the settings and turn it off if you want to.  Takes less than 10 seconds.  Done.
Nothing for DJI to look into.  The warning correctly comes up if it detects a payload (and it does not take very much), and you have the option to over-ride it if you want to.

There is no option to override a load mode it turns on automatically even if you go into settings and turn it off it turns back on. Check it out. maybe you don’t have the new
firmware
2021-1-13
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Jakinakrak Posted at 1-13 20:47
There is no option to override a load mode it turns on automatically even if you go into settings and turn it off it turns back on. Check it out. maybe you don’t have the new
firmware

As of 1.2.1 you can.  I have not flown since I updated to 1.2.2
2021-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules