Rotor Hub Upside Down?
882 9 2020-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pob3275
New

United States

I just purchased a Mavic Pro Platinum. When I opened the box, which appeared factory sealed, I noticed that the bottom/rear propellers were not attached. So I attempted to install the props, but I found that I could not attach them to one rotor. Looking closely, it appears that what I'll call the locking hub on the rotor was installed upside down?  See photo.  If you agree that the hub was simply installed upside down (and its not the incorrect part) I am willing to install it correctly, but I would need to know the correct hex bit size for the three screws and if they require something like loctite threadlocker to be applied on the threads. Also whether me fixing this would void the warranty?  Please advise.   

Mavic Pro Platinum Rotor Hub Problem.jpg
2020-2-13
Use props
Pob3275
New

United States

2020-2-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Are you sure you are installing the correct prop on the correct motor? There are two left props and two right props.
2020-2-13
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

he did say 3 hubs looked the same so props being installed wrong wouldn't be the problem I don't think
2020-2-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

raven swe Posted at 2-14 01:51
he did say 3 hubs looked the same so props being installed wrong wouldn't be the problem I don't think

But he's new to the Mavic and didn't know that there should be two clockwise and two anti-clockwise motors.
He hasn't even looked at the front two to see that they are different and has assumed they are identical.

OP .. your motors should look like this:

2020-2-14
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

see what you mean, was just going by what he said about 3 being the same, should have gone and looked at mine, not sure if my M2Z would be  the same type of fixing as the Platinum.
2020-2-14
Use props
Pob3275
New

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-13 20:07
Are you sure you are installing the correct prop on the correct motor? There are two left props and two right props.

Thanks for the responses guys.  Yes it turns out to be a newbie mistake. I didn't realize there's left and right motors and corresponding props.  All is well. Thanks.
2020-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Pob3275. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to know that you are had an issue with attaching the propellers of your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum before and it is great to know that you have fixed the said issue. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2020-2-14
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pob3275 Posted at 2-14 09:08
Thanks for the responses guys.  Yes it turns out to be a newbie mistake. I didn't realize there's left and right motors and corresponding props.  All is well. Thanks.

2020-2-23
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's how we all learn but the old phrase RTFM comes to mind - it can save a lot of embarrassment and sometimes money too
2020-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules