Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Guorium Posted at 2-14 21:15
Then the burden of proof is on you mate. A 'NO' is hardly any proof.
BTW I analyzed that flight where up stick did not work. True it did not work. That case coincided with exiting RTH. Don't you think that may have something to do with it? Don't you also think the fact that the up stick command did not work makes it a separate issue? Up stick worked for me and TroutboyNZ. I do not know what from those cases you mentioned nullifies the pressure deviation theory. As far as I am concerned their causes might be very different from ours, therefore they have a different problem. If you group a bunch of uncommanded descend cases caused by different factors you will never find a focus to isolate the causes. We try to isolate pressure deviation here as one of the causes. We know there are other possible causes such as battery fw mismatch or loss of GPS signal.

No wasn't proof of anything.I was simply expressing an opinion on your statement: This does fit the bill for the pressure change theory.

You are the one that's come up with a crackpot theory about altitude sensors reading differently fliing with and against the wind.
Ever since DJI has been selling drones, the altitude has been stable regardless of the orientation to the wind.
And DJI drones have not suffered a steady loss of altitude when flying in one direction relative to the wind.
You can fly out with the wind and back against the wind and the drone shows no tendency to sink at any point of the flight.

Most Minis also show no sign of this but a few, that have previously flown normally, develop the uncommanded descent problem and quite a few have been lost.

Come back when you've investigated flight data from a bunch of them rather than pushing your unconventional theory that is not supported by data from a number of flights with the problem.
Until then, you are just promoting an untested hypothesis.

BTW I analyzed that flight where up stick did not work. True it did not work. That case coincided with exiting RTH.
Don't you think that may have something to do with it?
No I don't because I don't form a theory when I only have a sample size of one.
I've looked at a bunch of these and they've happened with and without RTH being involved

Don't you also think the fact that the up stick command did not work makes it a separate issue?
A separate issue?
No, it is the issue.
In all the uncommanded descent incidents, it's a common factor and that's been the cause of many lost Minis.

If you group a bunch of uncommanded descend cases caused by different factors you will never find a focus to isolate the causes.
Why would you suggest a bunch of causes for one particular type of flight incident that has never been seen before the launch of the Mini?

We try to isolate pressure deviation here as one of the causes.
We know there are other possible causes such as battery fw mismatch or loss of GPS signal.
Battery firmware or loss of GPS are highly unlikely to have any effect on altitude holding.
About the only thing less likely is the idea that altitude measuring is different flying one way than another.

2020-2-15
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2-15 00:58

No wasn't proof of anything.I was simply expressing an opinion on your statement: This does fit the bill for the pressure change theory.

You are the one telling me to get a bunch of data analyzed now? I analyzed a whole bunch and posted my data. What did you analyze? 6 years of flying other models of DJI drones isn't analysis. It is like you are telling me Boeing 747 is such a good plane that Boeing 737 Max can never have an issue that 747 has because you are a trained 747 pilot. Where is the logic in that? They are different crafts and deserve different technical treatments.

Let me ask you. Where is your data? Where is your analysis? All you do is calling my stuff crackpot because of what? Your experience? If you got it, show it, don't just tell it. It just isn't convicing enough and responsible when you could not be bothered to give anything beyond a 'NO'. I was asking for proof. Until you put some test data out, you are the one throwing unsupported claims around. Get back to me with some graphs then we'll talk. Gees, I have no idea why people are so fixated to "experience = I am always right" on these forums.
2020-2-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Guorium Posted at 2-15 01:51
You are the one telling me to get a bunch of data analyzed now? I analyzed a whole bunch and posted my data. What did you analyze? 6 years of flying other models of DJI drones isn't analysis. It is like you are telling me Boeing 747 is such a good plane that Boeing 737 Max can never have an issue that 747 has because you are a trained 747 pilot. Where is the logic in that? They are different crafts and deserve different technical treatments.

Let me ask you. Where is your data? Where is your analysis? All you do is calling my stuff crackpot because of what? Your experience? If you got it, show it, don't just tell it. It just isn't convicing enough and responsible when you could not be bothered to give anything beyond a 'NO'. I was asking for proof. Until you put some test data out, you are the one throwing unsupported claims around. Get back to me with some graphs then we'll talk. Gees, I have no idea why people are so fixated to "experience = I am always right" on these forums.

6 years of flying other models of DJI drones isn't analysis.
Let me ask you. Where is your data? Where is your analysis?
I've been doing flight incident analysis since long before you showed up here.

All you do is calling my stuff crackpot because of what? Your experience?
Yes .. that's right

If you got it, show it, don't just tell it. It just isn't convicing enough and responsible when you could not be bothered to give anything beyond a 'NO'. I was asking for proof.
I'm sorry .. but I only had a minute at the computer and had other more important things to do for the afternoon..

Until you put some test data out, you are the one throwing unsupported claims around.
Get back to me with some graphs then we'll talk.
Thanks for the invitation but I don't think I'll bother.
I've already put in more effort than it's worth dealing with someone with your attitude.

Gees, I have no idea why people are so fixated to "experience = I am always right" on these forums.
Yes ... you have no idea.
Experience is so over-rated

2020-2-15
Use props
Eka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1293625 ft
Serbia

DJI put their job on us, customers and they don't even take part in it. Appart from being funny already, this is just inadmissible.
2020-2-15
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2-15 03:27
6 years of flying other models of DJI drones isn't analysis.
Let me ask you. Where is your data? Where is your analysis?
I've been doing flight incident analysis since long before you showed up here.

So I have attitude huh? Let's see how you talked.
Post #33
I asked you have you got data to back up your argument about pressure deviation isn't different enough. I described venturi effect and how faster flow makes pressure go down implying the drop was caused by the FC correcting for pressure deviation from the abrupt stop. The drop had nothing to do with yaw command.

Post #34
You called my comment pseudo-science. Gave me some statements on airflow around the drone which completely ignores relative air velocity to the drone. Do you know what is pseudo-science btw? Part of it is giving unfalsifiable claims. I think we know who has been calling other people's theories name and thinking his arguments are invincible here.

Post #36
I gave you an explanation on why an increasing number of cases are being reported. Made statements about how air exchange should work between the inside and outside of the drone. I told you about me and other people are field testing. I asked you about flights with irresponsive sticks.

Post #38
You showed me one flight. You said you have 6 years of experience testing other DJI drones.

Post #39
I showed you supporting data I generated with a previous test flight.

Post #40
You replied "No". WTF but Ok????

Post #43
I asked you to give your analysis, data. Any proof. I told you how from my analysis I think that the flight you provided had another issue because the sitck was not working.

Post #41 (No idea why it is in the wrong order)
You called my theory crackpot even when I gave you data you cared not to make comment to. Gave me a blanket statement about all DJI drones have never suffered such issue since DJI began. Sounded like fanboy talk. Asked me to analyze more flights before I promote my untested hypothesis. What is your issue? People cannot share ideas (backed by data) because you think it is invalid? Who are you? You then denied me a bunch more with comments equivalent to a 'NO'. What happened to critical thinking? Did you eat it?

Post #42
I protested that keep saying NO because you have experience is just not on. You should give evidence than just 'NO' and a stinky "I am too good" attitude.

Post #43
Again. More "I am too good for you" attitude. No evidence as expected.

You do your analysis in whatever wonderland you exist in. If you care not to share your claimed work why are you even here? Are you just afraid because your experience is conjured up and you have nothing to show? Even if you do have the experience, that "I am too good" attitude just makes you look like a jerk. BTW, drop your cheap sarcastic tone. It might work well when you chat with your m8s in the pub but it is lost in the text.

You say had little time. Fair enough. Then make sure you say nothing when you have nothing constructive to say in the future. I don't care about what you do or how long you have been flying. You lack the basic courtesy to people who spend their own time testing and sharing knowledge about the products we all use here. The least you could have done is looking at my data and point out why you think it is wrong. But I guess you couldn't because you can't bend the truth with your 'experience'.

2020-2-16
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2-13 23:28
One possibility...
Going into wind, MM's barometer senses higher pressure, making drone think it is flying close to ground.  Drone rises.  With pilot compensating to stay lower.
Pilot commands drone to do a 180.

I’ve noticed my Mini climbs in S Mode when flying into the wind, it doesn’t try and correct the altitude gain once the Mini comes to a stopped forward movement, it’s less prevalent at slower speeds or in C and P modes.  I’m hoping jjB* will test this out and analyse over the coming weeks.
2020-2-16
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

TDZHDTV Posted at 2-16 05:18
I’ve noticed my Mini climbs in S Mode when flying into the wind, it doesn’t try and correct the altitude gain once the Mini comes to a stopped forward movement, it’s less prevalent at slower speeds or in C and P modes.  I’m hoping jjB* will test this out and analyse over the coming weeks.

He tested that here
I tested that here
Both saw corrections happening. Were you flying around eye-level?
2020-2-16
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Guorium Posted at 2-16 05:25
He tested that here
I tested that here
Both saw corrections happening. Were you flying around eye-level?

Yes flying at eye level, most definitely climbs over 100m vertical distance, It doesn’t climb when flying with the wind
2020-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules