Support for NDI in MIMO App
11096 26 2020-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmpenney
lvl.1

United States

Are there any plans to support NDI in the MIMO App? This would allow users to stream directly to production software such as vMix and OBS Studio. This would be huge for small production companys to have the full support of the features in MIMO especially the zoom and follow features while still being able to directly stream to your production software especially for multi-camera shoots.

Newtek has an app for NDI on iPhones and you can still use the gimbal with it but without the zoom feature especially its very limited. Does DJI have any plans to add support for NDI to the MIMO App?
2020-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day cmpenney. Thank you for reaching out and for these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future plans and updates for the DJI Mimo application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support.
2020-2-14
Use props
cmpenney
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-14 08:03
Hello and good day cmpenney. Thank you for reaching out and for these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future plans and updates for the DJI Mimo application. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition I will forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support.

Is there an official place to make such requests?

NDI is being used more and more by small professional videographers doing events and sporting events. This is something that would really put the OSMO a step ahead of the other guys.
2020-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

cmpenney Posted at 2-14 09:41

NDI is being used more and more by small professional videographers doing events and sporting events. This is something that would really put the OSMO a step ahead of the other guys.

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us cmpenney. Let me cascade this issue to our designated DJI department further attentions and evaluation. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-18
Use props
NeilChampion
New

United States

Great Idea
2020-4-14
Use props
Fabien Salomon
lvl.1
United States

I need  DJI to support NDI. It is a great idea.
2020-4-17
Use props
djiuser_mQfmES8AlZxo
New

United States

I also would love to see this
2020-5-3
Use props
Ramon Pessoa
New
Brazil

Please pay more attention to the incorporation of the NDI protocol in DJI devices, it would be excellent.
2020-5-19
Use props
watermadcxnt
New

Fiji

DJI working together with NDI would be super great for OM gimbals and drones! Local RTMP feeds are not worth it imo.
2020-10-14
Use props
thiagofcustodio
New

Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 12:19
Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us cmpenney. Let me cascade this issue to our designated DJI department further attentions and evaluation. Again thank you for your valued support.

any news about that?
I just boutght an OM4 and tought that could use for livestreaming and discoverd that it doesnt have this feature because of the DJI Mimo app. And the OM4 does not work with DJI go, where can go live streaming on facebook, youtube or configure RMTP server.
2020-12-15
Use props
PA1911A1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2359 ft
United States

NDI would be an excellent addition. Many times I have had opportunity to do this but have to switch over to other platforms who do use NDI, like my iPhone.
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_SIju9SLZtf9G
New

Mexico

NDI feature please!!!
2021-3-21
Use props
Ramon Pessoa
New
Brazil

NDI!!!! Que seja um App pago mas nos deem atenção
2021-6-1
Use props
hamzaque
New

Norway

Ohhh plleeeaaasssseeee doooo itttt… and make a remote app to control it from a desktop or another device
2021-7-4
Use props
Hypersim
lvl.1

Germany

Would definetely be great, if NDI would be implemented. I would instantly get rid of my GoPro Hero 9 and get an DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo!!
2021-7-21
Use props
Beesus77
New
United States

I feel like this is a major software feature that should be added to all of DJI's products. For those of us that create and stream and use programs like OBS having a clean output from the app or camera, but still having access to the tracking features is a big deal. Please add this feature (NDI) output support to all products as soon as possible. I just bought the Osmo Mobile 5. I have owned the first generation osmo mobile and I am planning on buying either the Mavic 3 or the Air 2s within the next couple of months. I will entertain competitors products if they offer (NDI) or similar video output options.
2021-9-30
Use props
LeviSnoot
New

Sweden

Super glad to see I'm one of MANY requesting this feature from DJI.

This would be excellent for streaming purposes, using ActiveTrack in a stream setting would easily be one of the best ways to increase production value in a stream.

DJI should seriously consider this, it would be a gamechanger and when people find out about it it's guaranteed to get a whole new customer group interested in DJI products.
2021-10-2
Use props
stergi
New

Greece

Just bought OM4, im having a hard time to use it with NDI camera app. Without NDI the this gimbal  is just as a nice toy.
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_t6aWMsgyMqUL
New

Germany

I also hope for NDI - ActiveTrack and Streaming at the same time would allow for so much  especially virtual teaching during the pandemic.

If this is too difficult: It would be already helpful to be able to have an option to show the camera image only, hide the menus and other elements (like the green active track box). That way one could use the MIMO App and send the images using screen share, which I do right now but due to all the additional content it is distracting.
2021-11-26
Use props
Beesus77
New
United States

**UPDATE**  I had some interaction with a DJI SDK Group forum moderator on the developer site. I asked about Third Party background access to Active Track, as well as a clean video output for Game Streamers, Bands, Business Meetings, etc.

They replied and said that a "clean" video output is currently being developed for the MIMO app and to wait for an update.

They didn't see a "commonly used" (Strong Use Case) for remotely controlling the gimbal with windows or another app as most users just use it handheld.

I replied again and said I think there is a huge market for at least the active track feature to be used in the background with other live streaming apps.

I will let you know if I hear anything back.

At the very least we may get access to a clean output video that we could use with OBS or other video composition software.

2022-1-14
Use props
737ngworld
New

Germany

I unpacked my OM 5 literally just now and I am in desperate need for NDI support. Any news on that?
2022-4-14
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Beesus77 Posted at 1-14 09:09
**UPDATE**  I had some interaction with a DJI SDK Group forum moderator on the developer site. I asked about Third Party background access to Active Track, as well as a clean video output for Game Streamers, Bands, Business Meetings, etc.

They replied and said that a "clean" video output is currently being developed for the MIMO app and to wait for an update.

Great to hear somebody has a contact to developers. Having a clean output sounds great. Would also love the ability to control the gimbal and recording using a Windows PC and have the ability to use ActiveTrack while streaming/using as a webcam.

Even though they immediately wouldn't see there being a mainstream use for these scenarios, it could be pointed out that any additional functions and reasons to buy means more money for them. ;-)
2022-4-15
Use props
djiuser_kLaiUYjqRe43
New

Belgium

cmpenney Posted at 2020-2-14 09:41

I completely agree.  A broadcast over NDI would be a game changer on so many levels. Auto track from an iPhone/Android  on an OM5. Would take live to a whole new level.
2022-4-27
Use props
Exvaii
New

Netherlands

Does anyone have an update on this? It's 2022, livestreaming is big and happening for a while now. This needs to happen.
2022-9-12
Use props
circleb
New

United States

DJI + NDI =
2022-11-15
Use props
djiuser_HJEgJdjE1KD5
New

United States

It's now 2023! Is there any update on this? We desperately need a solution to this.
2023-4-26
Use props
djiuser_rr0iYoE84AfN
New

Canada

Waiting for the NDI solution. Any update on this?

2023-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules