Mavic Pro- Mounted Signal Booster / Repeater
1330 4 2020-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyawayhome
lvl.1

United States

I live in a remote and cold area, but have a nice big theater screen inside my home. I want to fly my Mavic Pro 2 outside, while sitting physically inside my home and airplaying the video to my theater screen. However, when I lift off and then walk inside to the theater room, my drone loses connection. Is there something I can mount out of a window that repeats the signal, so I can control my drone from inside?
2020-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day flyawayhome. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to know that your drone loses connection when walking or inside your theater room. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. In addition, just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party accessories like Signal boosters or Signal repeaters or modifying your DJI product. These 3rd party accessories might affect the said DJI products or devices when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work. However, since it's not yet optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2020-2-14
Use props
flyawayhome
lvl.1

United States

Thanks DJI Stephen. It makes sense that you cannot recommend 3rd party, unproven products. However, in a <0 degree climate, operating the drone while standing outside is a major inconvenience. Perhaps other members will have ideas, or at least a keyword for such a product (Repeater? Signal booster?) so I can research and make an informed decision.
2020-2-14
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I kind of doubt it.
But I can appreciate what your goal is, but I see a couple of possible issues:
You will not be flying your AC "in line of sight",. a must do.
The signal will be lost (as you have found) once you turn away from the AC and walk indoors.
The only thing you might try is to launch from the inside, thru a window, and keep the AC in view. Might work, tho I doubt it.
Even IF you got it to work, you would be in violation of FAA rules. Line of sight.....see above..
Yeah, winter sux, but you can always put on a fluffy/poofy coat....
Oh, another Idea, let some other personbodies fly it in outside, and you sit inside in the theater room...will your airplay punch thru your walls etc.?

2020-2-14
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe something like this, but you will need to modify your RC

https://www.commandcase.com/online-store/Car-mount-kit-p95137918
2020-2-15
Use props
Advanced