Use left/right dials on FPV controller in betaflight
8014 13 2020-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdman87
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone tried or been successful in utilizing more of the AUX channels for the DJI FPV transmitter? I'd like to use the dials on the controller to control some things, but as it stands now, I can only access AUX 1-4 in betaflight. Those are linked to the 4 switches on the controller. There is no "channel mixer" on the controller that i'm aware of like there is on other models to assign AUX ports to different functions of the controller (like the two dials). Hoping someone has tried to do it...
2020-2-14
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Pretty sure that using the DJI controller thumb wheels for other than their intended purpose is not possible.
2020-2-15
Use props
mdman87
lvl.1
United States

mc54 Posted at 2-15 09:32
Pretty sure that using the DJI controller thumb wheels for other than their intended purpose is not possible.

Do you happen to know the intended purpose? Can’t say I’ve ever seen them been used.
2020-2-15
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

The left wheel adjusts your camera EV +/- level. Its great for adjusting on the fly when flying between dark and light conditions. The right wheel allows you to click into the google menu on the fly. This is a bit sketchier, as there is some lag and it obscures your vision.  
2020-2-16
Use props
mdman87
lvl.1
United States

mc54 Posted at 2-16 07:26
The left wheel adjusts your camera EV +/- level. Its great for adjusting on the fly when flying between dark and light conditions. The right wheel allows you to click into the google menu on the fly. This is a bit sketchier, as there is some lag and it obscures your vision.

Ah well good to know. Appreciate the info. Happy flying.
2020-2-16
Use props
llamberll
lvl.1

Brazil

what do you mean by AUX? can you customize the functions of the buttons of the controller? I'm trying to figure out if I'd be able to fly an RC plane with this controller, where I'd be controlling servos and would need to trim the controls. I wonder if the DJI controller is customizable somehow.
2020-2-17
Use props
mdman87
lvl.1
United States

llamberll Posted at 2-17 21:04
what do you mean by AUX? can you customize the functions of the buttons of the controller? I'm trying to figure out if I'd be able to fly an RC plane with this controller, where I'd be controlling servos and would need to trim the controls. I wonder if the DJI controller is customizable somehow.

Betaflight labels inputs from a transmitter as “AUX” inputs. Behind the standard throttle/pitch/yaw/roll input from the 2 sticks, the controller has 4 switches available to map. Each of these switches have 3 positions each. Each one of those switches shows as an AUX input in betaflight. Keep in mind, I’m only familiar with the quadcopter side of things, but I do have a basic servo on my build that I use a 3 position AUX switch to control (controls camera tilt). I can trim those specified min/max points for that servo in betaflight. If you want complete control via a knob/dial though, I’m not sure. That was my original intent and reason for original post, but looks like the dials on the controller have a set purpose. I can tell you that there is a servo menu in the DJI goggles that have trim options and such too - not totally sure how it works though.
2020-2-18
Use props
djiuser_p4Hxlf435fnb
New

Thailand

Dear Dji team
I agree with mdman87
If you possibly update firmware can set left dial to aux5 to be option ,me is frist person to be happy.
2020-2-24
Use props
djiuser_W8qm8fDOHA5v
lvl.1

Germany

Dear Dji please allow us using wheels as aux.
thanks
2020-6-6
Use props
llamberll
lvl.1

Brazil

mdman87 Posted at 2-18 06:54
Betaflight labels inputs from a transmitter as “AUX” inputs. Behind the standard throttle/pitch/yaw/roll input from the 2 sticks, the controller has 4 switches available to map. Each of these switches have 3 positions each. Each one of those switches shows as an AUX input in betaflight. Keep in mind, I’m only familiar with the quadcopter side of things, but I do have a basic servo on my build that I use a 3 position AUX switch to control (controls camera tilt). I can trim those specified min/max points for that servo in betaflight. If you want complete control via a knob/dial though, I’m not sure. That was my original intent and reason for original post, but looks like the dials on the controller have a set purpose. I can tell you that there is a servo menu in the DJI goggles that have trim options and such too - not totally sure how it works though.

Thanks a lot!!
I started out wanting to fly RC planes, but getting the DJI FPV setup got me interested in flying quads, so that's what I'm trying now.

I was wondering if you could install a servo on the quad to control the camera angle! Have you posted your setup anywhere?
I'd like to try something similar, I wonder if not having the camera fixed to the frame adds some kind of shakiness or jello to the goggle footage.

I also thought about installing a small servo controlled mirror, that would slide over the camera to be able to look down, for landings and such. I usually fly with 40 degrees up tilt, so that might work.

I really wish DJI or Betaflight would do something to enable the dials to be used as AUX channels, or even the other buttons on the controller. What is the C button supposed to do anyway? I haven't found any other function for it besides binding.
I was considering limiting the throttle on my quad to 80%, and have a momentary switch to enable it to go to 100%, for when I want more power. I don't know if this has been done before, or if it's currently possible to do in Betaflight.

Thanks again for your response. And thanks for reading.
Happy flying
2020-9-10
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

+1 good idea
2020-9-10
Use props
djiuser_Dp0v8bWuvant
New

Canada

llamberll Posted at 9-10 01:46
Thanks a lot!!
I started out wanting to fly RC planes, but getting the DJI FPV setup got me interested in flying quads, so that's what I'm trying now.

You can map up to three different Betaflight rate profiles to one of the switches. Each profile can have a different throttle limit. I have done it and it works.
2020-10-8
Use props
OscarGolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2317142 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Up !

DJI is there a way to use the RC DIALS or BUTTONS as Betaflight AUX ?
2021-10-15
Use props
AdrianoGosy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4795699 ft
Brazil

Trying to do it here… in My case i would like using right dial to change led color in beta flight… if is possible, is amazing!!!
Hey dji, help us!!! In All open tx, every dial, knob or wherwver is a aux….
2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules