Can you use the DJI Fly App with the Huawei P30 Lite?
18284 39 2020-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yatiblue
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38606 ft
Germany

Hey guys I got an Samsung J5 2018, but its only 32bit so I can not run DJI Fly with it.
I was wondering if the Huawei P30 Lite runs the DJI Fly App. Does anybody of you have a good experience with that phone and the Mavic Mini?

Thanks for all Answers!
2020-2-15
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Yes. I do use my Mavic Mini with my Huawei P30 lite. No problem, no lags.
2020-2-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Yatiblue. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation and feedback from our valued DJI co pilots who are using the Huawei P30 Lite when flying there DJI Mavic Mini. I addition, upon checking the mobile device ( Huawei P30 Lite ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Huawei P30 Lite will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2020-2-15
Use props
Yatiblue
lvl.1
Germany

Alright thanks!
I saw the list with the recommended phones and i wasn´t listed, thats why I asked

Thanks for the info Mashroomhut!
2020-2-15
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

Your welcome! Dji Fly app works also on Huawei P10 lite that I'm using from time to time. Both works well without any issues.
2020-2-15
Use props
djiuser_hy30isTjgJEY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7139 ft
Romania

And olso run fine with Huawei Mate 20 Lite for me, no lag, no crash.
2020-2-15
Use props
Geani Molea
New

Romania

Hello, i was wondering if the huawei p40 lite will run the dji fly app for mavic mini
2020-3-14
Use props
smirnoff9969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 582776 ft
Croatia

apparently all newer phones will do just fine...my case was that HTC desire 650 was working fine with Phantom 3 and Mavic Air...but did`t not work with Mavic 2 pro. Lag was too long so it was impossible to fly watchnig the screen in real time...so I had to buy a new phone... but I`m pretty sure tah Mini would fly even with HTC desire 650
2020-3-15
Use props
Geani Molea
New

Romania

Geani Molea Posted at 3-14 23:36
Hello, i was wondering if the huawei p40 lite will run the dji fly app for mavic mini

Any help, guys? I really need this information
2020-3-17
Use props
djiuser_2Us5Qs2y7I0L
New

Singapore

Hi. Any idea if the mav mini works with Huawei Nova 7i? I don't see it in the list but it is 64bit. My pixel 2 isn't working however, even though it's in the supported phones list.
2020-3-28
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I use Huawei P20 lite and works fine. I guess it will work on P30 Lite too.
2020-3-30
Use props
fans454506a0
New

Mozambique

Hello, I want to buy p30 lite, are you 100% sure there is no problem with dji mavic mini?
2020-4-2
Use props
Yatiblue
lvl.1
Germany

I got the p30 lite for my birthday 2 weeks ago. It works perfectly and I had no issues to fly my little mini
2020-4-2
Use props
de6th
New
Flight distance : 322 ft
Malaysia

can we expect DJI apps on non-GMS phones, especially HUAWEI / HONOR ?
2020-4-7
Use props
Yatiblue
lvl.1
Germany

Thats Actually a good question
But I mean DJI and these brands are both from China so it´s not unlikely that they would make an "extra" App for their "own" phones.
I also read an article, which said that they will continue working with Google, because they got an special license from the US, but idk.
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_MOxapzmjXoAM
lvl.1

Canada

i have the P30 lite its good for flight but it only displays channels 149 and up.
2020-7-4
Use props
djiuser_iDUB0Fu8xzaG
New

Switzerland

Has some body tried the fly app with the galaxy m31, m21 or the a41?
2020-7-14
Use props
DroneySoprano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92267 ft
Slovakia

I have also been thinking about buying the P30 Lite, I am wondering how well the app works on the phone. Is it just like normal, downloading from Play Store? Because I am currently using the app on an incompatible Lenovo tablet, (I used a workaround and instead of downloading the app, I downloaded an apk pack and ran it). Sometimes there is lag doing in this way as it is obviously not optimum so i want to make sure my new phone doesn't have this limitation. Any advice appreciated
2020-8-16
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

DroneySoprano Posted at 8-16 08:12
I have also been thinking about buying the P30 Lite, I am wondering how well the app works on the phone. Is it just like normal, downloading from Play Store? Because I am currently using the app on an incompatible Lenovo tablet, (I used a workaround and instead of downloading the app, I downloaded an apk pack and ran it). Sometimes there is lag doing in this way as it is obviously not optimum so i want to make sure my new phone doesn't have this limitation. Any advice appreciated

Hi! I'm using Huawei P30 lite. As of now, no problem flying my Mavic Mini. The only one pain is, since about 3 months when I download the original video to my Phone, app crashes loading the thumbnails in the DJI Fly gallery.
I wrote "as of now" because due to the last informations Huawei is no longer supported by Google and it could have some problems in the future.
We'll see. My advice - search for some DJI supported device for further non problematic usage.
2020-8-16
Use props
DroneySoprano
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92267 ft
Slovakia

Thanks for the advice. Huawei no longer being supported by google could be a problem I guess. I read somewhere that the 30 series was still supported. In reality how does it work, where do you get your apps from?
2020-8-16
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

DroneySoprano Posted at 8-16 23:41
Thanks for the advice. Huawei no longer being supported by google could be a problem I guess. I read somewhere that the 30 series was still supported. In reality how does it work, where do you get your apps from?

The Phone is more than enough to run stable the app, but I wouldn't recommand to buy new device that I am not sure will support the DJI Fly app.
I use the Google Play store to download apps, but I read somewhere that this month ends the Support from the Google also for the Huawei 30 series. As for now I can still use the Google products. DJI Fly works great and I can find it also in the Huawei App store, but not always the latest version.
If You would ask if this device is capable of using the DJI Fly, the anware would be easy: "Yes, the Phone is more then good for the usage with this app".
2020-8-17
Use props
djiuser_2pEondq8R1FS
New

Croatia

Hi! I bought DJI MAVIC MINI (Used) and can't connect Huawei p30 to RC! But I tried it with p20 and it works! Can somebody help?  Why I can't connect p30 and RC?
2020-8-23
Use props
gort
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DroneySoprano Posted at 8-16 08:12
I have also been thinking about buying the P30 Lite, I am wondering how well the app works on the phone. Is it just like normal, downloading from Play Store? Because I am currently using the app on an incompatible Lenovo tablet, (I used a workaround and instead of downloading the app, I downloaded an apk pack and ran it). Sometimes there is lag doing in this way as it is obviously not optimum so i want to make sure my new phone doesn't have this limitation. Any advice appreciated

I have a Huawei P smart and also a  Huawei T5 MediaPad, and they works just fine with the app
apparently if your phone is 64bit and has Arm Architecture, It'll work.
checkout this website
https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18

2020-8-23
Use props
Jiren220
lvl.1

India

Yes, that happens!
2020-9-28
Use props
Deepak Gupta2
New

India

This smartphone is really amazing and thanks to this  list of best apps for P30 Lite:

https://techshali.com/best-apps-huawei-p30-lite/

Cheers!
2020-9-28
Use props
Sebas1977
lvl.1
Poland

A few days ago, when trying to take off, there was a problem with the loss of connection between the controller and the DJI Air 2 drone.
When flying on the same day a few hours earlier, it gently cut the video transmission in the preview, but normally it was possible to fly.
After replacing the batteries and trying to take off, the following message appears: "Prepare to take off" and after a while "Drone not connected to the RC", "Take off carefully" and so on.

In addition, there was a message about a new battery and a required update, but after pressing update nothing happened but all the time 0% (perhaps because it loses communication with the drone).
There is also the message "Mavic Air 2 software has been downloaded but during the update it loses connection with the aircraft and cannot be installed.

In the meantime, I uninstalled and installed DJI FLY on my phone and updated the drone and apparatus software with DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic.

After further attempts, it turns out that the problem is probably not with the drone and control equipment, but rather with the phone or software. After disconnecting the phone from the apparatus, the drone takes off.
Are there any phones with which the DJI FLY app may not work properly? Eg HUAWEI Mate 20 lite?
Please, provide any tips on how to fix the problem.
2020-11-21
Use props
djiuser_xtwwVD4IgqKK
New

Ecuador

Mashroomhut Posted at 2020-2-15 10:48
Your welcome! Dji Fly app works also on Huawei P10 lite that I'm using from time to time. Both works well without any issues.
I also use a p10 lite, at the begining it was fine, some lag but was ok. but lately it has being very annoying, it has a delay for about 2 or more seconds (sounds small but its huge) and when recording it's laggy as hell. Wondering to chance for a honor x9 or a p40 lite
Sorry, just realized my phone is the p20 lite, not the 10
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_xtwwVD4IgqKK
New

Ecuador

Anyone knows if the app works with the Huawei y9a?
2021-1-9
Use props
djiuser_qGVmBvqgWNbB
New

Spain

Buenas tardes
tengo un problema con un Phamton 4 v2  no me reconoce el móvil hasta hace dos semanas funcionaba bien, pero con una tablet va bien el móvil es un huawei p30 lite pienso que es un problema con la actualización de Android
Alguien tiene este problema
2021-2-5
Use props
fans6e7628cf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538123 ft
Mexico

Mashroomhut Posted at 2020-2-15 10:48

Hi. I'm flying a mini 2 with a Huawei P10 lite and having pixelated images on the screen. I use the same phone with a Mini 1 and don't behave this problem. I'm using DJI Fly app. Latest firmware versions on both the aircraft and the app. ¿Anybody knows why I'm having problems with the mini 2 and not with the mini 1?
2021-2-21
Use props
CHUYAX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39678 ft
Philippines

i am using Huawei Nova 3i and now I am having Lag issue since the last update of DJI FLY app this May 2021
2021-6-15
Use props
CHUYAX
lvl.1
Philippines

i am using Huawei Nova 3i and now I am having Lag issue since the last update of DJI FLY app this May 2021
2021-6-15
Use props
MM Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

yes you can, there are no problems.
2021-6-15
Use props
CHUYAX
lvl.1
Philippines

CHUYAX Posted at 6-15 05:55

Just an update with my Nova 3i and DJI FLY app issue:

I found out this morning that when I enable the "over-exposure warning" setting on DJI FLY APP, the lagging issue is gone and the live video feedback becomes smooth.
This is a really weird issue on the latest update of DJI FLY app with my phone
2021-6-15
Use props
CHUYAX
lvl.1
Philippines

djiuser_xtwwVD4IgqKK Posted at 1-9 03:39
I also use a p10 lite, at the begining it was fine, some lag but was ok. but lately it has being very annoying, it has a delay for about 2 or more seconds (sounds small but its huge) and when recording it's laggy as hell. Wondering to chance for a honor x9 or a p40 lite
Sorry, just realized my phone is the p20 lite, not the 10

Have you tried tweaking some settings on the DJI FLY app?
Just this morning I found out that enabling the "over-exposure warning" temporarily fix the lag issue with the live video feedback.
You can also try to enable / disable the cache video recording.

Since the latest update, the app is not behaving well on huawei phones
2021-6-15
Use props
djiuser_LYd0M9Q9rlsD
New

Austria

Mashroomhut Posted at 2020-2-15 10:32
Yes. I do use my Mavic Mini with my Huawei P30 lite. No problem, no lags.

Hey do you download the dji fly app online?
2022-2-3
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Debugger Posted at 2020-3-30 00:56
I use Huawei P20 lite and works fine. I guess it will work on P30 Lite too.

Snap! I too have a Huawei P20 lite works well with Dji fly app.
2022-2-3
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

djiuser_LYd0M9Q9rlsD Posted at 2-3 07:21
Hey do you download the dji fly app online?
Yes, I did. 2 years ago. It is no longer in Google Play Store for the Huawei phone. You can download it from App Gallery or direct from DJI.
For the last year I was using DJI Fly on my second mobile Huawei p10 lite with an older Version of the Fly App. I think it is 1.1.10. It is the most stable Version on that device and it is enough for my needs.
2022-2-3
Use props
Anthony Palmer
New

United Kingdom

Will I be able to download and use the DJI Fly app on a Huwaei P30? For use with the Mavic Mini 1?
2022-7-5
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Poland

Try to download the app directly from DJI.
https://www.dji.com/pl/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules