Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJIMavic Air repeated calibration fail
904 5 2020-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbeukelm
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have bought a Mavic air 13th july 2018, but this vacation I missed many great shots because it kept asking for a calibration and failing at it. It alsways seems to be the vertical part fails. Sometimes I was in the middle of the desert with no metal around. I think it is a malfunction otherwise it is unusuable. I had it in the past as well, but it defenitly became worse and now it never successfully calibrates.
The only thing that sometimes actually works is starting it up inside a car and then extend arms and fly it before it starts complaining. But even that fails frequently and I am not a walking commercial for this drone, restarting and or recalibrating 20 times to get passed calibration ending with a drained battery before I start.
IS this post like a ticket? Or can I submit a ticket somewhere else?
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day pbeukelm. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic Air. May we know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened? Kindly please check the location where you are calibrating the compass of the said drone. Let me please provide you additional requirements for proper compass calibration. In calibrating the compass of the said drone do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. If in case this step will still not work. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at  https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank you.
2020-2-16
Use props
pbeukelm
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 08:17
Hello and good day pbeukelm. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic Air. May we know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened? Kindly please check the location where you are calibrating the compass of the said drone. Let me please provide you additional requirements for proper compass calibration. In calibrating the compass of the said drone do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. If in case this step will still not work. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone at  https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the team who would do their best to find out the reason of the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Thank you.

It did not have a particularly hard landing. It seems to have become gradually worse. I have read the forums about it.  I have even calibrated with the phone some distance away, but that also did not help.
It either works right away, or not at all, but calibration never works.
Unfortunately now I am home from vacation, the problem does not reproduce. It is always ready, I never get a need for calibration. And I am inside re enforced concrete home next to my computer. I tried it it is related to having a network connection. But even with phone in airplane mode it does not need calibration. I will try some more times outside on location when the weather is a bit better and follow up. But the vacation situation does not change. If I get a 1 out of 20 ready to go and a never working calibration, I can't take it in vacation with me.
2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pbeukelm Posted at 2-16 10:01
It did not have a particularly hard landing. It seems to have become gradually worse. I have read the forums about it.  I have even calibrated with the phone some distance away, but that also did not help.
It either works right away, or not at all, but calibration never works.
Unfortunately now I am home from vacation, the problem does not reproduce. It is always ready, I never get a need for calibration. And I am inside re enforced concrete home next to my computer. I tried it it is related to having a network connection. But even with phone in airplane mode it does not need calibration. I will try some more times outside on location when the weather is a bit better and follow up. But the vacation situation does not change. If I get a 1 out of 20 ready to go and a never working calibration, I can't take it in vacation with me.

Thank you for the given update pbeukelm. Kindly please keep us posted once you have tried flying your DJI Mavic Air outdoors and if the issue will still show up for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you and please fly safe always.
2020-2-16
Use props
djiuser_SkeuTBscKB0W
New

Malaysia

Dear DJI Team,

I am also facing the same issue.
2020-6-7
Use props
djiuser_SkeuTBscKB0W
New

Malaysia

I am facing the same issue cannot just calibrate the drone, went to several different location & tried all the possible videos online to calibrate the compass. the test just wont pass. Is it because, I could have left it close to a magnet. if yes, how can I degauss the compass?
2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules