6224 19 2020-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

In this video, I'm going over the proposal for the new EU drone laws introduced from summer 2020. The video is a basic instruction that will cover the open category, the specific category, and the certified category, as well as what the new EU drone laws mean for you as a pilot in the EU.

2020-2-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Henrik Olsen. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this informative video you have created. This video will be a very big help to all our DJI EU pilots. Great work and just a reminder to  follow the local regulations when using the aircraft. Have a safe flight everyone.
2020-2-16
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-16 14:35
Hello and good day Henrik Olsen. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this informative video you have created. This video will be a very big help to all our DJI EU pilots. Great work and just a reminder to  follow the local regulations when using the aircraft. Have a safe flight everyone.

I hope so, in some areas it will be easier for the smaller drones. Right now it's not allowed to fly in urban areas without a certificate, that will change going forward it seems.
2020-2-16
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

A long video, but well worth watching the whole thing. Thanks, Henrik for taking the time and trouble to put this together.
2020-2-17
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2-17 03:08
A long video, but well worth watching the whole thing. Thanks, Henrik for taking the time and trouble to put this together.

It's important as this will influence all of us. Depending on where you are coming from, this will have a different impact. Thank you for watching :-)
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Henrik Olsen Posted at 2-16 22:25
I hope so, in some areas it will be easier for the smaller drones. Right now it's not allowed to fly in urban areas without a certificate, that will change going forward it seems.

Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. The best thing we need to do is to please follow the local regulations when using the aircraft for us to be able to have a safe and a happy flying always. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-18
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-18 10:33
Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us. The best thing we need to do is to please follow the local regulations when using the aircraft for us to be able to have a safe and a happy flying always. Again thank you for your valued support.

In my case, the UK. Not sure if it's still Europe though...
2020-2-20
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Nice and clear, Henrik.

One thing I'm wondering about is when you're located out of Europe and you want to fly in a European state (on holiday). Can you do the online exam ? What when you're drone (Mavic 2) weights just over 900 g?

Anybody insight in those ?
2020-2-26
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2-20 07:00

UK has an equivalent requirement set. So currently in alinement with the EU.
2020-2-26
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2-26 13:15

I was wondering the same so thanks for confirming.
2020-2-27
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Lamplighter55 Posted at 2-26 13:15

I'm obliged for the clarification.
2020-2-28
Use props
Henrik Olsen
First Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

JohnDG Posted at 2-26 11:49
Nice and clear, Henrik.

One thing I'm wondering about is when you're located out of Europe and you want to fly in a European state (on holiday). Can you do the online exam ? What when you're drone (Mavic 2) weights just over 900 g?

I would expect you will be able to take the test regardless of where you are from, but it's too early to say.

It's a real bummer with the Mavic 2 series that it's slightly about 900g, but I hope they will make an exception.  
2020-3-2
Use props
Mortensldk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

God info thanks for sharing
2020-3-8
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Do the weights in the new rules refer to TOW or MTOW? As far as I can understand, it's MTOW, which would mean the Mini is no longer under 250g and no Mavic Pro could ever be under 900g. Or am I misunderstanding?
2020-3-12
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2-20 07:00

You're aware that the UK is leaving the EU, not Europe, right?
2020-3-17
Use props
Balooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124019 ft
Italy

sergeant Posted at 3-17 01:00
You're aware that the UK is leaving the EU, not Europe, right?

They'd be doing even that: with good propellers, moving towards USA the entire islands, I wouldn't be surprised ;-D
2020-6-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 3-2 00:40
I would expect you will be able to take the test regardless of where you are from, but it's too early to say.

It's a real bummer with the Mavic 2 series that it's slightly about 900g, but I hope they will make an exception.

Given that every drone on the market today will be classed as legacy drones in the transitional period it makes no difference weighing >900g. Any drone that weighs >250g and <2kg may only be flown in the A2 subcategory with the operator holding the A2 CofC qualification. The 900g limitation for A1 is if the drone is classed C1 - none of todays drones have been officially classed which is not just specific to the weight of the drone.
2020-6-7
Use props
RVBdroneStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458025 ft
Czechia

hello  Henrik!

thank you for sharing this great video!

I am a Mavic 2 pro owner, and now searching for the new regulation, I am a bit concerned about what it will mean to fly my Mavic. Is there any information, such as a table or similar, regarding the drone models and what they have to be compliant with?
2020-9-24
Use props
RVBdroneStudio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458025 ft
Czechia

RVBdroneStudio Posted at 9-24 07:38
hello  Henrik!

thank you for sharing this great video!

In the meantime I have searched, and I think it is worth to share here since it is related.

Mavic Air pro 2 compliance discussion

I am still trying to figure out until when the Mavic Pro 2 wont be compliant.

I have also found the EU DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY that states the CE for MP2. Moreover, I am  just lost when everything will come into place. I am based in Hungary and the link from EASA to the national aviation authority is offline. EASA Member States
Links:

EU DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY: https://www.dji.com/cz/euro-compliance/mavic

EASA Member states: https://www.easa.europa.eu/domains/civil-drones/naa
2020-9-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RVBdroneStudio Posted at 9-24 08:09
In the meantime I have searched, and I think it is worth to share here since it is related.

Mavic Air pro 2 compliance discussion

According to the most recent announcement, the new EASA rules will come into force on 31 Dec 2020. The transitional period for legacy drones is expected to be two years. As the M2P is not CE classified and weighs 250g to 2KG you may fly it in the A2 subcategory of the open category if you hold the A2 CofC qualification. Without that qualification and at the end of transitional period even if you do hold it you may only fly that drone in the A3 subcategory - far from people.
2020-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules