Osmo Mobile 2 will not charge
4073 4 2020-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie Beedy
New
United States

Have a OSMO Mobile 2 purchaased April 14th 2019 and used maybe a 1/2 dozen times. Went to charge it the other day, and even after a day, it doesn't move byond the first flashing LED. I've tried several different USB Chargers and no difference. Just the Flashing Green LED and the first white LED.
While it's hooked up to the chargers, I can launch & connect the IOS DJI Go App. And in the app, the battery never shows anything above 1%. In the IOS Battery Control Panel, it shows a charge of 80% from the minutes it's hooked up, but, never changes.  

Thought, options???? I find it hard to believe that a battery has taken a total dump not even a year old and with so few charging cycles.

Jamie

2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Jamie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further. In addition, please always use the dedicated USB cable for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 when charging and please make sure the power voltage of your USB charger is 5V/2A and above. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-17
Use props
Jamie Beedy
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-17 08:21
Hello and good day Jamie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Are you able to post a sample video of the said issue for us to be able to see and assist you further. In addition, please always use the dedicated USB cable for the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 when charging and please make sure the power voltage of your USB charger is 5V/2A and above. Please keep us posted on the said issue for further assistance. Thank you.

just to confirm, you want to see a video of what exactly??? The Flashing Lights???

And, to be honest with you, I have dozens of USB to Micro USB cables. I don't have the slightest idea if I'm using the "dedicated" USB cable the was shipped with it. And I've used several of them and confirmed that the cables I've tested are able to connect, power and charge other devices.

I've tried serval USB adapters, including a 12 Watt 5.2V/2A Apple iPad Charger & even a MacBook Pro USBC Charger - 60 Watt. Both of these are above what you recommend.
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jamie Beedy Posted at 2-17 08:45
just to confirm, you want to see a video of what exactly??? The Flashing Lights???

And, to be honest with you, I have dozens of USB to Micro USB cables. I don't have the slightest idea if I'm using the "dedicated" USB cable the was shipped with it. And I've used several of them and confirmed that the cables I've tested are able to connect, power and charge other devices.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this issue that we are facing. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps and still the DJI Osmo Mobile 2 will still not charge. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ) for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-2-18
Use props
RexOne
New
Australia

What a joke.
My Mobile 2 is only 15-months old and only very occasionally used.
It has had the same problems widely reported in these forums - rapid battery drain, extended time required to charge, not taking charge, heating up around USB port.
I sent it in for service and DJI want to charge me more than 1/2 the price that I paid for the device despite this conspicuously being a problem with this model.
Needless to say I won't be paying to have the device repaired & I am taking the issue to our state department of consumer affairs. I'm pretty sure they'll agree that 15-months is not an acceptable lifespan for such a device.
2020-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules