moto g8 power compatibility
10127 22 2020-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
highflydji
lvl.3
Poland

Has anyone tested moto g8 power compatibility with dji fly app? Specs seems to be OK but this app is unstable and unpredictable so... just need confirmation from moto g8 power owner
2020-2-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

How do you determine the DJI Fly app as being unstable and unpredictable? I have not had any issues with the app at all and using iOS I phone x and hauwei pro30 no issues. Please provide more details?
2020-2-17
Use props
highflydji
lvl.3
Poland

For example problems with android 10, with which moto g8 power is manufactured.
2020-2-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day highflydji. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the Moto G8 Power when flying there DJI Mavic Mini. In addition, upon checking the mobile device ( Moto G8 Power ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Moto G8 Power will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Mini. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2020-2-17
Use props
JAF1968-UK
New

United Kingdom

Any updates on this mobile? I've just ordered a mini and assumed (silly me) that my G8 Power would be fine as it's fairly recent.
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_Sd5hbrM5X4Sa
New

United States

Same question
2020-7-31
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Can't help with the g8, but I am using a g7 Power since my first flight.  Works perfect.
2020-7-31
Use props
fansb5a5a694
New

United States

App downloads fine just will not connect drone to phone
2020-8-7
Use props
Psardoy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1174101 ft
Argentina

Hi all! I've just received my Mavic Mini yesterday, and performed my first flight this morning using my Motorola G8 Power connected to the remote. I had downloaded the app and updated the firmware yesterday and also charged everything. The app downloaded and worked fine, but I kept getting "RC not connected to phone" messages fairly often on the upper left side of the screen while flying the drone, and losing video signal from the drone. It was very cold this morning, but I'm not sure that could cause the error. Did not fly more than 30-40 m away. I'll double check that I didn't miss any update yesterday.  Any other suggestions?
2020-8-15
Use props
Psardoy
lvl.1
Argentina

Psardoy Posted at 8-15 05:48
Hi all! I've just received my Mavic Mini yesterday, and performed my first flight this morning using my Motorola G8 Power connected to the remote. I had downloaded the app and updated the firmware yesterday and also charged everything. The app downloaded and worked fine, but I kept getting "RC not connected to phone" messages fairly often on the upper left side of the screen while flying the drone, and losing video signal from the drone. It was very cold this morning, but I'm not sure that could cause the error. Did not fly more than 30-40 m away. I'll double check that I didn't miss any update yesterday.  Any other suggestions?

Update: Flew it again yesterday, With better temperatures and after a new update, I had no trouble with the RC or the video connection with the drone. Flew for about 50 minutes without any problem, although I did not go further than 100 m with the drone (still a beginner and it was also windy =P )
2020-8-17
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think the main thing to check before buying a mini is if your phone uses 32 or 64 bit Android. It has to be 64 bit to ever have any chance of being supported.

It can be hard to determine this as often the published hardware specs say 64 bit but the software can still run on 32 bit, there is a guide here - https://www.howtogeek.com/253461 ... -or-64-bit-android/

The replies in this thread indicate the G8 should be 64bit although you may have other issues. The RC connected to Phone error noted above could be an issue with the cable itself.
2020-8-17
Use props
Psardoy
lvl.1
Argentina

Hey guys, another update after almost a month of using my DJI Mavic Mini. It has been working wonderfully, I've done range tests of up to 1500 m and haven't got any issues so far. I'm surrounded by large fields of wheat and pastures, so there are very few objects that could cause interference. I'll post again later
2020-9-5
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Psardoy Posted at 9-5 03:24
Hey guys, another update after almost a month of using my DJI Mavic Mini. It has been working wonderfully, I've done range tests of up to 1500 m and haven't got any issues so far. I'm surrounded by large fields of wheat and pastures, so there are very few objects that could cause interference. I'll post again later

I love my DJI Mavic Mini, but as to doing a range test, i have not got the nerves just yet, i too am surrounded by woods and farmer's field's that i would love to see from above and a little aways but i am still learning the ins and outs of what my Mavic Mini can really do.
I'm glad to see that you have got it working well though and just out of curiosity' did you use any kind of range extenders to get the maximum and most out your Mavic Mini.
2020-9-5
Use props
hansoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50794 ft
United States

K6CCC Posted at 7-31 18:14
Can't help with the g8, but I am using a g7 Power since my first flight.  Works perfect.

Same here.  Moto G7 power...flawless...
2020-9-5
Use props
Psardoy
lvl.1
Argentina

mark117h Posted at 9-5 04:19
I love my DJI Mavic Mini, but as to doing a range test, i have not got the nerves just yet, i too am surrounded by woods and farmer's field's that i would love to see from above and a little aways but i am still learning the ins and outs of what my Mavic Mini can really do.
I'm glad to see that you have got it working well though and just out of curiosity' did you use any kind of range extenders to get the maximum and most out your Mavic Mini.

Hey man, sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. No, I'm not using any sort of range extenders, I'm just using the controller and trying to get to high ground when going on a long flight, and making sure I'm pointing the controller antennas toward the drone while flying far. I have not yet encountered a situation when I said "I need to get further away to get this shot right" so I haven't even looked into range extenders...
2020-10-8
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

Psardoy Posted at 10-8 04:58
Hey man, sorry I didn't see your reply earlier. No, I'm not using any sort of range extenders, I'm just using the controller and trying to get to high ground when going on a long flight, and making sure I'm pointing the controller antennas toward the drone while flying far. I have not yet encountered a situation when I said "I need to get further away to get this shot right" so I haven't even looked into range extenders...

Can you tell me if the Moto G8 Power include a magnetic sensor ? Is the compass work ?
2020-10-12
Use props
Psardoy
lvl.1
Argentina

Flaming Posted at 10-12 20:41
Can you tell me if the Moto G8 Power include a magnetic sensor ? Is the compass work ?

Hey man, sorry for taking so long. Um, I really don't know if the G8 includes that. Is there any way to check that? The drone has made me callibrate the compass a few times, but I always thought that was something on the drone side? sometimes I just skip the callibration and start flying as soon as there's enough satellites for the homepoint to be established
2020-11-30
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

Psardoy Posted at 11-30 12:26
Hey man, sorry for taking so long. Um, I really don't know if the G8 includes that. Is there any way to check that? The drone has made me callibrate the compass a few times, but I always thought that was something on the drone side? sometimes I just skip the callibration and start flying as soon as there's enough satellites for the homepoint to be established

i am talking about a hardware magnetic sensor inside the phone  ,

Download the app CPU-Z   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z

open the app then go in the Sensors Tab .. and look in the sensors list for something like Magnetometer
you can also do screenshots if you prefer , it will be greatly appreciated
2020-11-30
Use props
Bob Suval
lvl.1

Argentina

Flaming Posted at 2020-11-30 17:50
i am talking about a hardware magnetic sensor inside the phone  ,

Download the app CPU-Z   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cpuid.cpu_z

Hi Flaming. I don't know if it will be useful but I fly my Mavic Mini 1 with a Motorola One Macro (DJIFly 1.2.1) and I have no problems. The G8 Power HAS magnetometer. The Moto One Macro DOESN´T have a magnetometer (I can't load any compass apps from the Google Store). Cheers.
2021-1-17
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

Bob Suval Posted at 1-17 08:02
Hi Flaming. I don't know if it will be useful but I fly my Mavic Mini 1 with a Motorola One Macro (DJIFly 1.2.1) and I have no problems. The G8 Power HAS magnetometer. The Moto One Macro DOESN´T have a magnetometer (I can't load any compass apps from the Google Store). Cheers.

Thank you ,, its pretty weird how Motororal include a compass or not ...  the G7 Power and G9 Power don't have one but G8 Power yes ?   wierd.
2021-1-18
Use props
JCF007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17933 ft
United States

Can you guys give an update.
Can you use the G8 Power with the DJI app and the Mavic Mini?
I know the DJI app has an update recently, does it still work?
2021-3-13
Use props
Psardoy
lvl.1
Argentina

JCF007 Posted at 3-13 14:54
Can you guys give an update.
Can you use the G8 Power with the DJI app and the Mavic Mini?
I know the DJI app has an update recently, does it still work?

Hey man, I'm still using the Mavic Mini with the Moto G8 Power without any trouble!!!! I already have quite a few hours flying and so far everything's working fine!! Sorry for not replying earlier!
2021-5-7
Use props
djiuser_lKQ1F6Cl53ta
New

Chile

I get that the remote control is not connected to the smartphone, I put the cable to the other side and it worked, it's strange, because being usb C it should connect to both sides
2022-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules