Which Editing Software Do You All Use
7874 37 2020-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Munro Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all, Iv'e not been able to fly much recently here in Scotland because of one storm after the other and high winds, hopefully though the stormy weather will pass and i can post some vids here. I was wondering what editing software you all use, at the moment i'm messing about with the free version of Davinci Resolve 16 but i find it a bit intimidating especially colour correction. I'm thinking of trying Premiere Elements 2020, having watched some youtube videos it looks much simpler to use for the beginner. Is it possible to edit DLOG-M footage in premiere elements or would i have to buy premiere pro. Cheers Folks.
2020-2-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Munro Flyer. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots on what editing software they are using. In addition just a reminder that the DJI Mavic 2 Pro has a Max Wind Speed Resistance of 29 – 38 kph. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-2-18
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

FCPX - Lightroom - Photoshop
2020-2-18
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm no pro at this, but VSDC has been my go to.  I tried DaVinci's Resolve, but the interface never rendered right on my smaller (14") laptop screen.
2020-2-18
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

FCPX ( Final Cut Pro X ). Superb editing software.
2020-2-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

iMovie. teaching myself FCXP
2020-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another FCPX user here.
2020-2-19
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Davinci Studio
2020-2-19
Use props
unstable flight
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Also here: FCPX
2020-2-19
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

*DM* Posted at 2-19 00:30
Davinci Studio
Powerful and versatile. Be advised, large learning curve.
2020-2-19
Use props
Hover-Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2425 ft
United Kingdom

Stick at it with Resolve, there are plenty of good tutorials out there on YouTube etc, this guy is very knowlegable. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTmY-LBmbLugkJ0ryZfjZTQ
2020-2-19
Use props
Munro Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you so much everyone for your replies and most helpful as well, its a pity FCPX is mac only and Adobe PP is subscription, 20 bucks a month is a bit hard to swallow for the amount of times i would use it. I don't know why adobe can't do an offer for the likes of people who don't use it that much a one off fee to just buy it like Blackmagic Designs does with resolve. I will give VSDC a try and i'll continue with resolve.
2020-2-19
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Munro Flyer Posted at 2-19 07:00
Thank you so much everyone for your replies and most helpful as well, its a pity FCPX is mac only and Adobe PP is subscription, 20 bucks a month is a bit hard to swallow for the amount of times i would use it. I don't know why adobe can't do an offer for the likes of people who don't use it that much a one off fee to just buy it like Blackmagic Designs does with resolve. I will give VSDC a try and i'll continue with resolve.

Then have a look at Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 ...

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html
2020-2-19
Use props
COOTS
Second Officer

United States

As an Apple user i stick with FCPX.
2020-2-19
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

adobe premiere pro
2020-2-19
Use props
Skeeterhead
lvl.1
United States

Paintshop Pro for processing stills. I don’t do video.
2020-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Munro Flyer Posted at 2-19 07:00
Thank you so much everyone for your replies and most helpful as well, its a pity FCPX is mac only and Adobe PP is subscription, 20 bucks a month is a bit hard to swallow for the amount of times i would use it. I don't know why adobe can't do an offer for the likes of people who don't use it that much a one off fee to just buy it like Blackmagic Designs does with resolve. I will give VSDC a try and i'll continue with resolve.

The trouble is, that everyone who pays money to Adobe for their rent-ware, the more they are encouraged. Many professionals thumbed their nose at Adobe and refuse to be part of their scheme. You may be interested to know that the CEO of Blackmagic Design hates the rent-ware model, and this is why they will not be a part of it.
2020-2-19
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I use davinci resolve, as well as cyberlink powerdirector with colour director. There are some good vids on colour correction using davinci resolve, the DJI LUT Rec709 for Mavic Pro 2 should take care of most of your colour balancing, after applying it you may need to tweek it slightly after looking at the histograms of the red blue and green, but its not too hard to learn how to do that if you watch the vids.
2020-2-20
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3DtL3S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
United States

Filmora 9. I already have a perpetual license, so it costs me a big fat zero. It doesn't have all the capabilities of the big guys like FCPX, but apart from freehand masking it has everything I need and more.
And surprisingly, even though they have a more advanced product which is subscription based (Filmora Pro) they keep developing Filmora 9 in parallel. They don't leave it out to dry and die. So kudos to them for that.
2020-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you use an iPad I fully recommend LumaFusion inexpensive very quick and heaps of interesting stuff on it, also very easy to use .
2020-2-20
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Lightroom and Photoshop.
2020-2-20
Use props
zbigzbig20
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Movavi Video Editor Plus 20
2020-2-20
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

FatherXmas Posted at 2-20 09:36
I use Lightroom and Photoshop.

Think that the orignal poster Munroe Flyer was asking about editing videos, I too use PS and LR for the stills, what do you use for video editing?
2020-2-24
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-20 06:40
If you use an iPad I fully recommend LumaFusion inexpensive very quick and heaps of interesting stuff on it, also very easy to use .

This looks neat. How are you transferring files to your iPad?  I usually fly with my iPhone 8 and it won't do h.265 videos.  I have an older iPad Pro 9.7 that I think would work for straight downloads from the aircraft.
2020-2-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Porktree Posted at 2-24 11:13
This looks neat. How are you transferring files to your iPad?  I usually fly with my iPhone 8 and it won't do h.265 videos.  I have an older iPad Pro 9.7 that I think would work for straight downloads from the aircraft.

You should now be able to add straight from SD card to iPad Pro , you can upload straight to LumaFusion or just save to files and from there to LumaFusion, I suppose depending on how much space you have, also you should be able to upload from portable hard drive.

LumaFusion is very quick and handles 4K without any lag on iPad .
2020-2-24
Use props
MavicRich
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1579062 ft
United Kingdom

I'm using Lumafusion too. It's ridiculous that I can now edit 4K on a tablet. It goes through it like butter!
2020-2-25
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

If you have a Mac, try Final Cut Pro X. If you don't want to pay use iMovie, it's a simpler version with the same editing style and some of the same tools used in FCPX.
2020-2-25
Use props
Munro Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hover-Fly Posted at 2-19 05:48
Stick at it with Resolve, there are plenty of good tutorials out there on YouTube etc, this guy is very knowlegable. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTmY-LBmbLugkJ0ryZfjZTQ

Thanks Hover-Fly, iv'e checked his vids out and learned a few things.
2020-2-25
Use props
Munro Flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Keule Posted at 2-19 07:04
Then have a look at Adobe Premiere Elements 2020 ...

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html

As far as i'm aware you can't edit 4k video and DLOG-M footage in Premiere elements 2020
2020-2-25
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Munro Flyer Posted at 2-25 13:54
As far as i'm aware you can't edit 4k video and DLOG-M footage in Premiere elements 2020

You can edit 4K video with Premiere Elements, Not sure about DLOG.

https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html
2020-2-25
Use props
Porktree
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-24 11:36
You should now be able to add straight from SD card to iPad Pro , you can upload straight to LumaFusion or just save to files and from there to LumaFusion, I suppose depending on how much space you have, also you should be able to upload from portable hard drive.

LumaFusion is very quick and handles 4K without any lag on iPad .

Damn, thanks for this Hallmark.  Undoubtedly the best iPad video editing software I've used and worth every penny.  I did this in about 2 minutes from some Mini footage.  

2020-2-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Porktree Posted at 2-26 06:49
Damn, thanks for this Hallmark.  Undoubtedly the best iPad video editing software I've used and worth every penny.  I did this in about 2 minutes from some Mini footage.  

https://youtu.be/o2yECD6hjb8

Good job, I’ve had this sitting on my iPad for almost 12 months until recently, tried it out, it has had many really good updates in last year, couldn’t believe how good it was both at managing large files and ease of use.
I’ve been watching guy on you tube tutorials Air Photography they are exceptional and well worth a look.
2020-2-26
Use props
ShermanFlyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

LumaFusion on my iPad and Davinci Resolve on my PC.
Resolve can be a bit of a steep learning curve. But plenty youtube tutorials out there
2020-2-26
Use props
Tervos.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19108 ft
United Kingdom

I've been using Divinci Resolve..

Learning the ropes but great so far
2020-2-26
Use props
mirandaright87hotmail.com
lvl.4

Portugal

I really loved Windows Movie Maker but one day it just stopped working for me. It sucks when you get used to using a software and then it's no longer available. I use Filmora right now, but for a free one you may want to try Fastreel - it has a decent free version but with watermark only. Find out more on https://www.fastreel.com/video-maker.html
2021-2-3
Use props
GeorgOctane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 285807 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Another LumaFusion-Fan here, running on an iPad Pro since I ditched my Macbook (only thing I currently miss is speed ramping, has to be done using keyframes for the time being... Lightroom for stills.
Both work very good for me...
2021-2-3
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

In year 2003 I came a cross a nice little video editing program called Pinnacle Studio 8. I used this to edit old Beta Movie and HI-8 videos which I first digitised. I have since than bought every version every year and now the latest version Pinnacle Studio 24 Ultimate. It is a prosumer program and costs about USD129 and once you have bought the first program the upgrade next year is far cheaper. You have 30 day to try it free. It probably does more than what you need but as you grow in to it you can than do really professional videos. It also does sound and can use many other plug ins like Prodad Mercalli a great video stabalizer as well as Smartsound royalty free music and much more.
2021-2-3
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

avid and premiere
2021-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules