MAVIC LOST SIGNAL AND GONE
1747 44 2020-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-19 18:37
How did you arrive at drone still being 100-meters above the ground?
This isn't my first rodeo.
I've been finding lost drones and investigating incidents for several years.

Thanks for posting altitude chart.  
It explains difference from what I came up with.  I tried to use a online tool to get altitude at GPS coordinates form Home and Last entry.  Basically, I came up with almost no difference.  
Obviously, I got something wrong, likely coordinate entry.  I have used similar online tool before and it has came out within a few feet of actual measured altitude.
2020-2-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-19 18:58
When the Forward Vision System is enabled and lighting conditions are sufficient, the maximum flight attitude angle is 16° with a maximum flight speed of 22 mph (36 kph). When forward obstacle sensing are disabled, the maximum flight attitude angle is 25° and the maximum flight speed is 36 mph (58 kph).
Max Speed 40.4 mph (65 kph) in Sport Mode without wind

Assuming airdata Wind Speed is correct, drone should have been returning to home with ground speed around 7.2 MPH (or 3.22 m/s).  Not loosing ground.
It's always better to work with verifiable facts rather than assumptions.
A Mavic pro can easily hold position in a wind strength of 22 metres/sec (25 mph) and even more.
But if you look at the flight data at 1:50 his drone was hovering 279 metres up and unable to hld position.
It was being blown away at 7-8 metres/sec (15-18 mph).

And if we look at the last date before signal was lost, it was being set off at 10 M/s (22mph) just trying to hold position.That kind of hints that whatever numbers you are getting for windspeed are very wrong.
RTH speed for the drone is just 10m/s unassisted.
There's no way his Mavic pro was going to come home on its own against the wind it had to deal with.

2020-2-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-19 19:29
Assuming airdata Wind Speed is correct, drone should have been returning to home with ground speed around 7.2 MPH (or 3.22 m/s).  Not loosing ground.
It's always better to work with verifiable facts rather than assumptions.
A Mavic 2 can easily hold position in a wind strength of 22 metres/sec (25 mph) and even more.

You are assuming Mavic Pro was working to Spec, achieving it's maximum 22-MPH airspeed in P-mode...   

Reason I brought up wind-speed vs. Mavic's air-speed:
OP - "There was a little bit windy but I flew sometimes when it was worst."
OP - "I did not realize it was so much windy, I flew many Times in similar condition."
OP - "I fly in similar condition in Peru in Nazca, on the beaches in Colombia,  in nepal in Himalaya was exactly the same. Never drone was not able to  pit it down, I also think that it was a liitkr bit all and maybe motors  were not so strong when it was New one?"
OP - "wheather was good, I did not fsel strong wind in the place where I stand, it was normal"
OP - "I know what I can fly with the wind, in my opinin there was something else not only the wind because the signal lost after 2000m"

Anyway, none of this is helping OP with his main query: "Is anybody able to find the drone based on my logs? +/- 100m ?"   
2020-2-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-19 19:59
You are assuming Mavic Pro was working to Spec, achieving it's maximum 22-MPH airspeed in P-mode...   

When you don't know, it's better not to express an opinion.
You are assuming I've made an assumption (which I didn't)
I know that he was flying a Mavic pro, capable of well over 22mph because I also know that obstacle avoidance was disabled.
And I can see when his joysticks were centred as well as when they were pushed full forward.
The speed numbers in my prtevious post were from times when his drone was hovering with the sticks centred.
If his drone is blowing away at 10 metres/sec, that's very clear proof of a wind too strong for the Mavic to make headway against.

Why do I have to spell this out to you again after a perfectly clear explanation in my previous post?

OP - "There was a little bit windy but I flew sometimes when it was worst."
OP - "I did not realize it was so much windy, I flew many Times in similar condition."
OP - "I fly in similar condition in Peru in Nazca, on the beaches in Colombia,  in nepal in Himalaya was exactly the same. Never drone was not able to  pit it down, I also think that it was a liitkr bit all and maybe motors  were not so strong when it was New one?"
OP - "wheather was good, I did not fsel strong wind in the place where I stand, it was normal"
OP - "I know what I can fly with the wind, in my opinin there was something else not only the wind because the signal lost after 2000m"
And if you understood half of what I've explained a couple of times already in this interminable thread, you would realise that the OP has no idea what he's talking about.
He was on the ground, his drone was 915 feet up battling a headwind that anyone could understand from what his screen would have been showing.
The OP tells a very different story from what the flight data does.
I've got a hunch that the data is more honest.
He doesn't like the truth and would rather believe that there was some mysterious unknown factor that he could blame.

Anyway, none of this is helping OP with his main query: "Is anybody able to find the drone based on my logs? +/- 100m ?"
I already took care of that as well as anyone could, way back in post #5 but Big L doesn't seem to have understood a single word of it.

2020-2-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2-19 20:41
When you don't know, it's better not to express an opinion.
You are assuming I've made an assumption (which I didn't)

Leaving on a positive.

Your GoogleEarth view was of great help in clarifying what happened, and helped me to see Home location and Last Entry location elevations were definitively different than what I had come up with.

Additionally, your GoogleEarth view, showing high spot between two locations explains why communications were lost.

As such, thanks for posting the GoogleEarth view.

2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules