Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSD graphical battery elements not working
6897 8 2020-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Hi guys,

I have MSP enabled and all and I see the correct battery voltage in the betaflight OSD.

However the battery icon is not updating. It's just bold white always. It is not changing with the voltage just like in the analog OSD.

What more, the battery usage graph/line OSD element (separate BF OSD element for battery usage) is not working as well. It just shows white line all the time. I can't see any change with the lower voltage - it is still the same.

I'm on the latest fw v01.00.04.00.

Is it working for you? Any idea how to fix it?

2020-2-19
Use props
Smakers
lvl.1

United States

It's the same for me, I have the latest version that came out the month of February 2020. Any advise would help.
2020-3-16
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that the small battery graphic may not display differently for different voltages. I'll have to check on my next flight. The battery bar needs to know how much capacity your battery has. This can be set in Betaflight on the battery tab.
2020-3-16
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Tom_A Posted at 3-16 19:07
I think that the small battery graphic may not display differently for different voltages. I'll have to check on my next flight. The battery bar needs to know how much capacity your battery has. This can be set in Betaflight on the battery tab.

Thank you for your response, appreciated.
If the battery icon is just static icon, I consider it bug. Betaflight in analog osd can animate the icon and it helps a lot during flight when quickly checking the state of charge of the battery. Faster to check than actual number. Digital system should be future, so should be better than analog (also feature-wise) not the other way around.

As for the bar - I did not know that, I thought it's changing according to the voltage. I'll check my betaflight battery settings then.
2020-3-16
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hacky4 Posted at 3-16 22:09
Thank you for your response, appreciated.
If the battery icon is just static icon, I consider it bug. Betaflight in analog osd can animate the icon and it helps a lot during flight when quickly checking the state of charge of the battery. Faster to check than actual number. Digital system should be future, so should be better than analog (also feature-wise) not the other way around.

It's not a bug if it was never designed to animate. It's a missing feature, but not a bug. The release notes even mention that it's not animated. I'd like it to be animated as well, but I do look at the number value more than the icon, because, as you pointed out "digital" is better. I know the values where I need to think about landing. I recently enabled the battery usage and like how this works. If you never set the capacity on your flight controller then it's going to be at 0. That is the default. I think that DJI shouldn't be referring to the extended OSD as Betaflight OSD. It's not and that's OK. Right now it's not as functional as Betaflight OSD, but because it's not really Betaflight OSD, it's not subject to the limitations of Betaflight OSD. If artificial horizon gets added, it will not need to be character based. We might end up eventually with something much better than Betaflight OSD, but that's going to take awhile.
2020-3-17
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Tom_A Posted at 3-17 16:58
It's not a bug if it was never designed to animate. It's a missing feature, but not a bug. The release notes even mention that it's not animated. I'd like it to be animated as well, but I do look at the number value more than the icon, because, as you pointed out "digital" is better. I know the values where I need to think about landing. I recently enabled the battery usage and like how this works. If you never set the capacity on your flight controller then it's going to be at 0. That is the default. I think that DJI shouldn't be referring to the extended OSD as Betaflight OSD. It's not and that's OK. Right now it's not as functional as Betaflight OSD, but because it's not really Betaflight OSD, it's not subject to the limitations of Betaflight OSD. If artificial horizon gets added, it will not need to be character based. We might end up eventually with something much better than Betaflight OSD, but that's going to take awhile.

You are correct. I did not checked release notes well. It's certainly not a bug, but missing feature and I still wish DJI added this in future update as for me it is easier to check one icon than two numbers.

Anyway thank you for the tip with setting the battery capacity - I'm going to check it out.
2020-3-18
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hacky4 Posted at 3-18 00:42
You are correct. I did not checked release notes well. It's certainly not a bug, but missing feature and I still wish DJI added this in future update as for me it is easier to check one icon than two numbers.

Anyway thank you for the tip with setting the battery capacity - I'm going to check it out.

Just noticed you are not using cell voltage. I fly 3s, 4s and 6s quads. The total voltage is different for each, but cell voltage is the same. If you were using cell voltage, you would only need to pay attention to the last number and the voltage where you needed to consider landing would always be the same, even if you had more than one quad and they used different cell counts. I would experiment with average cell voltage. You can enable both. I don’t have total voltage enabled since the DJI OSD already has that.
2020-3-18
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hacky4 Posted at 3-18 00:42
You are correct. I did not checked release notes well. It's certainly not a bug, but missing feature and I still wish DJI added this in future update as for me it is easier to check one icon than two numbers.

Just noticed you are not using cell voltage. I fly 3s, 4s and 6s quads. The total voltage is different for each, but cell voltage is the same. If you were using cell voltage, you would only need to pay attention to the last number and the voltage where you needed to consider landing would always be the same, even if you had more than one quad and they used different cell counts. I would experiment with average cell voltage. You can enable both. I don’t have total voltage enabled since the DJI OSD already has that.
2020-3-18
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

Tom_A Posted at 3-18 06:37
Just noticed you are not using cell voltage. I fly 3s, 4s and 6s quads. The total voltage is different for each, but cell voltage is the same. If you were using cell voltage, you would only need to pay attention to the last number and the voltage where you needed to consider landing would always be the same, even if you had more than one quad and they used different cell counts. I would experiment with average cell voltage. You can enable both. I don’t have total voltage enabled since the DJI OSD already has that.

I'm using cell voltage. The screenshot is not mine. It's from the UAVFutures YT video

Anyway, still like animated battery icon in my analog  quads more than static one in DJI. Also the crosshair in analog looks better. But I guess custom fonts is something, we'll never get in our DJI goggles.
2020-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules