1796 10 2020-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MiniDuca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49797 ft

Italy

Hi there all,

i'm a new DJI user, with a MM, from Italy (sorry for my poor english); I had got a Hubsan H501S before, but here we are in other world :-)

I have a couple of question about the RTH behavior in case of signal lost:

1. I tried to switch off the controller, and i noticed that after 10 seconds (more or less) it triggers the RTH, but in strange manner; it raises up to 20 m, and after ca 3-4 sec of hovering at that altitude it raise up to the set RTH altitude (and then returrns to home point); i understood that in case of signal lost it triggers the normal RTH, therefore raises up to set altitude immediately and then return to home.

2. Is there possibility (in other DJI drones) of the option to follow a backtrack, unitl it reaches the last GPS point with signal? I mean, if we are in an area surrounded by obstacles and for a some reason, f.e. switch off the controller or smartphone (f.e due to battery low), we lost the signal, it could be better if the drone came back following the original track, in the hope it will be free. Is a wrong thinking or not?

Bye bye
2020-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not sure, but if when you lost signal you happened to have weak gps this can occur and if gps recovered it went to correct altitude and proceeded home, but your correct loss of signal outside 20m will initiate a normal failsafe Rth .
#2 No mini doesn't have this option .
2020-2-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Works great your MM  ;-)

Best is to read the manual multiple times.

Many happy safe landings,
cheers
JJB
MMrth.png
2020-2-19
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Ciao, non esiste questa possibilità. L'altezza impostata per il RTH serve appunto per evitare ostacoli, stante l'assenza di sensori di collisione.

Hi, there is no such possibility. The height set for the RTH serves precisely to avoid obstacles, given the absence of collision sensors.
2020-2-19
Use props
MiniDuca
lvl.1

Italy

Many thanks JJB*,

i read many times but evidently i lost the meamning of the procedure :-(

hallmark007,

MM doesn't have this option, but other DJI drones yes? It could be a fw/app update - i say it beacause it almost could be happen to me, in a wood.

Thankyou guys for the answers,

happy flights
2020-2-19
Use props
MiniDuca
lvl.1

Italy

Ciao Renato,

per come lo intendo io funzionerebbe proprio per evitare gli ostacoli..con segnale perso, intendo quello radio, non GPS, quindi se seguisse al contrario il percorso va da se che (molto probabilmente) non troverebbe ostacoli (se è arrivato fino li).

It could be good to avoid obastcles because if it follows the same track in the opposite direction, is more likely that it doesn't find obstacles...i think
2020-2-19
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

MiniDuca Posted at 2-19 07:09
Ciao Renato,

per come lo intendo io funzionerebbe proprio per evitare gli ostacoli..con segnale perso, intendo quello radio, non GPS, quindi se seguisse al contrario il percorso va da se che (molto probabilmente) non troverebbe ostacoli (se è arrivato fino li).

Dubito abbia la precisione necessaria per seguire il percorso con sufficiente sicurezza.

I doubt it has the precision necessary to follow the path with sufficient safety.
2020-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MiniDuca Posted at 2-19 06:56
Many thanks JJB*,

i read many times but evidently i lost the meamning of the procedure :-(

I’m afraid on mini with so little power this will not always be a good option if your flying home downwind and suddenly lose signal your drone then has to turn around fly for 5 minutes into the wind and then try again to get home, and if your flying into the wind home this problem will be exasperated, thinking about it yes for obstacles but you can figure this before you fly, wind it’s not so easy.
But yes your right they could with future FW change this.
2020-2-19
Use props
MiniDuca
lvl.1

Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2-19 07:45
I’m afraid on mini with so little power this will not always be a good option if your flying home downwind and suddenly lose signal your drone then has to turn around fly for 5 minutes into the wind and then try again to get home, and if your flying into the wind home this problem will be exasperated, thinking about it yes for obstacles but you can figure this before you fly, wind it’s not so easy.
But yes your right they could with future FW change this.

Yes, i'm agree that there are many different cases, and this type of function can be dangerous in some, and save the aircraft in others..but, it could be implemented as option to flag in settings...

An other option, in case as mentioned before, it could be update often the home point, so that in case of signal lost it should land, because less than 20 m from new home point.
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know the trouble you are having with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the RTH. If the drone is below 20 meters and 20 meters away from the home point the drone will increase altitude and return to the Home Point, you may refer to the image provided by JJB* at post #3. With regards to backtracking, I am sorry to say this feature is not available. In addition. I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video for the best practices when flying the drone. Thank you.

2020-2-19
Use props
MiniDuca
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-19 08:30
Hi. I am sorry to know the trouble you are having with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to the RTH. If the drone is below 20 meters and 20 meters away from the home point the drone will increase altitude and return to the Home Point, you may refer to the image provided by JJB* at post #3. With regards to backtracking, I am sorry to say this feature is not available. In addition. I will be posting an official DJI Tutorial Video for the best practices when flying the drone. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

HI,
i know that is not available, my intention was to suggest to implement it as option to choose in settings, in the future updates of firmware and DJI fly.
Thanks for the sharing.
2020-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules