Drone Insurance
1032 5 2020-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Morgans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro and missed the 48hours for dji care so I'm now looking at other options.
I'm based in UK and found this coverdrone insurance : https://www.coverdrone.com

The quote I had from them for an estimation of roughly £1,300 drone is : £110 per year and the drone is fully covered from any damages (any risks, including operator mistakes), also includes if you cannot retrieve the drone and theft. it also contains a £1,000,000 public and third parties liability cover.

My question as this looks really good: does anyone knows/subscribed to this insurance? are they reliable? anyone had a crash or accident and used this insurance?

Thanks !

2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Please note that you can still avail the DJI care refresh for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro even you exceed the 48 hours grace period, you just need to send us a video verification video. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support!

https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2020-2-19
Use props
Morgans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-19 09:19
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Please note that you can still avail the DJI care refresh for your DJI Mavic 2 Pro even you exceed the 48 hours grace period, you just need to send us a video verification video. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support!

https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
Hi!
Thanks for uour quick reply.
Yes I know about the dji care after 48h process and I was really interested in that but unfortunately that can't work. I will be flying to San Francisco next week so I'd like to fly the drone there. Your process need to be 2 (1person flying, 1 person recording) + the current weather in UK is not good so I won't be able to get the insurance before next week. That's why I'm looking for alternative here

Edit: also the process is so complicated, I'm not sure I want to go through all that nightmare.
2020-2-19
Use props
Morgans
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So I decided to go with that one as I needed an insurance for my travel next week, hopefully I won't have to use it but if I do, I will let you know
2020-2-20
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can I suggest - if you've not already done so - that you join Grey Arrows Drone Club UK - once joined you will find several posts that discuss drone insurance in depth which you may find useful
2020-2-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Morgans Posted at 2-19 09:41
Hi!
Thanks for uour quick reply.
Yes I know about the dji care after 48h process and I was really interested in that but unfortunately that can't work. I will be flying to San Francisco next week so I'd like to fly the drone there. Your process need to be 2 (1person flying, 1 person recording) + the current weather in UK is not good so I won't be able to get the insurance before next week. That's why I'm looking for alternative here

We totally understand your choice. Hope you will have the information you need to the said insurance. Cheers!
2020-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules