2641 9 2014-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1391112 ft
  • >>>
United States

So am I to understand that with the duel control setup there are two camera feeds from two seperate cameras.  One from the high quality camera mounted underneath.  Is there another camera that feeds FPV video to the pilot?

Thanks,

Peter Spero

AirbornMedia, LLC
Peter@AirbornMedia.net

2014-11-17
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you may have miss understood.  From everything I have seen, with the Dual controls, 1 control operates the Quad, and the second control operates the Gimbal.  This allows the assistant to more easily "frame" the shot while the Pilot focus stays on flying.  Both controls will "receive" the same camera signal.  Each Controller can independently toggle between the FPV view from the Camera and the "Map" View that shows the Quads current "location".  However when the camera operator has the camera pointed someplace other than Straight forward, it could be a bit disorienting to the pilot.....
2014-11-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is why line of sight is so important.  
2014-11-17
Use props
kosmas
lvl.2

Greece

Line of sight up to 200 meters. After that distance the model is very small to see with eyes. There should be another one onboard camera to give the pilot the possibility to go farther with the help of his FPV equipment.
2014-11-18
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

kosmas Posted at 2014-11-19 02:46
Line of sight up to 200 meters. After that distance the model is very small to see with eyes. There  ...

agree, but dual operator is something which you do when you go commercial. I am not sure about the aviation laws in your country, but for us here is Australia and countries like USA, NZ, Europe probably have restricted FPV flying . This means in a dual op setup, pilot must fly LOS and the camera operator does the gimbal operation. In single op , the pilot can use FPV screen to frame shots but not fly (kind of grey area here).
2014-11-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

pinpointmapping Posted at 2014-11-18 06:22
I think you may have miss understood.  From everything I have seen, with the Dual controls, 1 contro ...

The camera feed is all we have to deal with for FPV and Camera OP.  There will be times that they conflict.  That is why I stated that LOS is important.  The pilot needs to rely upon his sight of the craft rather that what the Camera OP sees.  
2014-11-18
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

This is something I was hoping to see on the inspire too, with the dual operator system it makes sense to have a desperate pilot camera, with the level of integration everything else has onscreen it would have been awesome to be able to have pilot view and pilot camera view on screen at the same time. It would make it safer, but in terms of the legality, it would encourage fpv flight of the uav, which unfortunately the law makers are uncomfortable about.. If u want that u gotta either customize a set up or go TBS..
2014-11-19
Use props
kosmas
lvl.2

Greece

SpreadingWings Posted at 2014-11-19 04:30
agree, but dual operator is something which you do when you go commercial. I am not sure about the ...

At 200 meters LOS you surely don't break the law but that is too far to see the models YAW position. And because I asume investing $3000+ is not for hobby using this copter (prefer a good 90 size helicopter for that) YES I'm speaking only for commercial using it so you can have back your money soon. Thereafter a second FPV camera is required. Else if hobby is only what you want to do (or if you don't want..... breaking laws written from unrelated law makers ) then I think that this is not a good choice.
2014-11-19
Use props
SpreadingWings
lvl.2

Australia

kosmas Posted at 2014-11-19 20:42
At 200 meters LOS you surely don't break the law but that is too far to see the models YAW position ...

I agree with dual camera requirement, i raised a new thread 2 days ago. All my rigs, DJI or non-DJI use dual camera, weather single operator or dual. I will find a way for the inspire, if the inbuilt h/w doesn't support, will add direct CCD to VTX connection and get my tripod mount dual FPV monitor for single operator usage.
2014-11-19
Use props
sloras1
lvl.1

United States

Although not as valuable as FPV, the flight app does contain the Flight Telemetry data in the lower left of the screen and this includes flight attitude via a triangle, which is the next best thing.
2015-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules