696 7 2020-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Faulkner
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659521 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, nice to be here.

I have been using a Parrot BeBop 2 for several years and have just bought a DJI Mavic Mini combo pack and am getting to grips with waht is familiar and what is not so.  I have a couple of questions which I cant seem to find an answer to:

Firstly, can I download and edit video to my iPad mini if I am usin an iPhone 11 for flying?  (I am assuming it is just a simple task of having the DJI Fly app on both devices and swapping the phone for the iPad and downloading to the iPad (more real estate for editing)

Secondly, and finally for the minute, Is there a DJI version of Flight Plan for the Mini.

Sorry if these are obvious to you experts.

Thanks for reading.

Mike

2020-2-20
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.

In short, yes you can have both accounts on your iPhone and on your iPad but the videos will be only accessible on the device you flew the drone with and recorded the video on. The DJI app is not a cloud based app. You could save the videos to your iPhone and then using iCloud access them from your iPad and then edit them with your iPad.

As far as a matching version of Flight Plan I am not sure. I use Litchi for all my waypoint flying.

Enjoy the site and do not hesitate to ask questions. That is how we all get better.
2020-2-20
Use props
Mike Faulkner
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hurley1718 Posted at 2-20 10:06
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.

In short, yes you can have both accounts on your iPhone and on your iPad but the videos will be only accessible on the device you flew the drone with and recorded the video on. The DJI app is not a cloud based app. You could save the videos to your iPhone and then using iCloud access them from your iPad and then edit them with your iPad.

Thanks for that, I will ahve a look at Litchi, not something I have heard of before.  I assume then, that I can upload from phone to cloud to iPad and then import into DJI Fly for editing?

Thanks for replying.
2020-2-20
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike Faulkner Posted at 2-20 10:14
Thanks for that, I will ahve a look at Litchi, not something I have heard of before.  I assume then, that I can upload from phone to cloud to iPad and then import into DJI Fly for editing?

Thanks for replying.

You sure can.

As far as Litchi goes its a really powerful app. Its not free but not expensive either.
2020-2-20
Use props
Mike Faulkner
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hurley1718 Posted at 2-20 10:47
You sure can.

As far as Litchi goes its a really powerful app. Its not free but not expensive either.

It's about the same as I paid for Flight Plan, I assume it is fully compatible with the Mini?
2020-2-20
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike Faulkner Posted at 2-20 10:56
It's about the same as I paid for Flight Plan, I assume it is fully compatible with the Mini?

Their website says that it compatible with the Mavic Series which I assume would include the Mini.
2020-2-20
Use props
Mike Faulkner
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hurley1718 Posted at 2-20 12:42
Their website says that it compatible with the Mavic Series which I assume would include the Mini.

Brilliant, thanks for that.

I'll have a look at it once I get more used to the new drone.
2020-2-20
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike Faulkner Posted at 2-20 23:35
Brilliant, thanks for that.

I'll have a look at it once I get more used to the new drone.

Have fun.   
2020-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules