Flying domestically with a mini and batteries?
682 7 2020-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mraroid
lvl.1

United States

Hello...

Soon I will be flying domestically with in the US.  I will be flying from Oregon to LA Calif.  I have the fly-more kit.

Can I bring the entire fly-more kit, in it's case inside my carry on?  I thought I would put all three batteries in the charger, or maybe one battery in the mini and two in the charger?

I am not sure of the rules when trying to carry on a drone and batteries on a airliner.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks so much.

mraroid

2020-2-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information regarding this inquiry. In addition, please contact the local airport representative to confirm the policy of the airport for carrying batteries on the plane. You may also check this link: www.dji.com/flysafe to check the level of restriction for geofencing on the location. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.
2020-2-20
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Not only with the Fly More you can carry (almost) everything with you, but you should. I carry spare propellers inside their small cardboard box laid underneath the RC, and spare RC Contro Sticks under the Two-Way Charging Hub, along with USB cable, screws, SD card adapter, screwdriver.
If you can't carry that inside the cabin it will be stowage but you won't have to unpack your stuff.
2020-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Carrying drones and batteries is not a problem almost anywhere in the world, just remember you have to carry batteries on board.
2020-2-20
Use props
mraroid
lvl.1

United States

m80116 Posted at 2-20 14:49
Not only with the Fly More you can carry (almost) everything with you, but you should. I carry spare propellers inside their small cardboard box laid underneath the RC, and spare RC Contro Sticks under the Two-Way Charging Hub, along with USB cable, screws, SD card adapter, screwdriver.
If you can't carry that inside the cabin it will be stowage but you won't have to unpack your stuff.

I do worry about the small screwdriver.  I might put that in my bag that I check.  I am happy to learn that I can carry the fly more case with the drone, controller and the three batteries in it with me into the cabin.  Good to know.  Thank you very much.
2020-2-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can carry everything without any issues.
2020-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules