Osmo Pocket + Wireless module draining the phones battery too fast
1412 7 2020-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mZvpifEfaOjy
lvl.1
South Korea

As the title says Osmo Pocket + Wireless module draining the phone battery too fast.
My phone is iphone 6s and it had 52% batery, then i connected OP+WM with the phone and exactly 4 minutes on idle(turned on but not recording)
and then recorded 2 minutes and 45 seconds of 4k 30p video and my phone was left with only 15% battery..
And the reason why im posting this is because i also have Gopro 8 black and Son* X3000 and none of them drains the phone battery as fast as OP+WM
With the Son* X3000 i had it for 2 years and hundreds of videos recorded always connected with the phone(iphone 6) and the camera dies way before the phone,
yeah the problem is the 3 cameras Gopro, X3000 and OP has the same or similar way of wireless connectivity which is WIFI + bluetooth and still i dont understand why only the OP+WM drains the phone battery this fast..Any ideas
2020-2-21
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you checked the cache options? By default, the app writes a lower-res version of recordings to the phone while also transmitting the live feed. That might be what's killing the battery so quickly, especially on an older phone. Take a look at your options.
2020-2-21
Use props
djiuser_mZvpifEfaOjy
lvl.1
South Korea

griffdude13 Posted at 2-21 07:08
Have you checked the cache options? By default, the app writes a lower-res version of recordings to the phone while also transmitting the live feed. That might be what's killing the battery so quickly, especially on an older phone. Take a look at your options.

Wow, didn't know that. I might try it and see if it fixes.
Thank you so much
2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this inquiry. May I know the model of the mobile device you are using when you have encountered this issue? Kindly please provide the firmware version of the mobile device and your DJI Osmo Pocket. Please try to use a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-21
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

A 6s is a pretty old phone. You might also check "Settings -> Battery -> Battery Health" to see what the estimated battery life is.
2020-2-21
Use props
djiuser_mZvpifEfaOjy
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-21 09:44
Hi, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this inquiry. May I know the model of the mobile device you are using when you have encountered this issue? Kindly please provide the firmware version of the mobile device and your DJI Osmo Pocket. Please try to use a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi, Both OP and iphone had newest firmware
iphone 6S : iOS 13.3.1
OP: 01.10.00.30
I might try on different phone but please consider that many people are still using old phones like 6s
and as i said before other action cams doesn't drain the battery as fast as OP.
And i really want to use OP when i can because the quality of the video is still the best in the market.
2020-2-21
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I use a straight 6 with no problems. My battery is rated at "92% capacity".

2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_mZvpifEfaOjy Posted at 2-21 20:35
Hi, Both OP and iphone had newest firmware
iphone 6S : iOS 13.3.1
OP: 01.10.00.30

Thank you for the prompt response. I will forward these information/thread  to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2020-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules