Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Features of the Mavic Mini you want!
12Next >
6299 74 2020-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cryptic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1516709 ft
United States

What are some features that you want in the Mavic Mini?
2020-2-21
Use props
alejandrocif
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4241083 ft
Chile

Raw photos...
2020-2-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cryptic. Thank your reaching out and for creating this thread. I hope that you can get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilot who owns the DJI Mavic Mini on what feature they want on the said drone in the future. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-21
Use props
Cryptic
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-21 12:30
Hello and good day Cryptic. Thank your reaching out and for creating this thread. I hope that you can get the best feedback from our valued DJI co pilot who owns the DJI Mavic Mini on what feature they want on the said drone in the future. Again thank you for your valued support.

See the problem I have with the "super mod" is that the massage they reply here is not adding to the discussion. I would feel that it would be better to PM this to me rather then cluttering up the discussion.
2020-2-21
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Since I know Follow Me mode is out, I'd have to say RAW Photo.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-2-21
Use props
Steve Tron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287001 ft
United Kingdom

The ability to control white balance
2020-2-21
Use props
Cryptic
lvl.4
United States

I do though really want a follow me mode. This is considering that cheaper drones have it.
2020-2-21
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Active tracking
2020-2-21
Use props
djiuser_pGtqixqVo85s
lvl.1
Japan

I would prefer to have something like headless mode , course lock, home lock. because mavic mini is supposed to be a beginner drone. And beginners find it very difficult with the orientation of drone, when it is turned backwards and facing the user. I really wish DJI adds these in the next firmware upgrade. It would be really helpful for a beginner.
2020-2-21
Use props
15PSI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13694 ft
United States

White Balance. I understand that requesting 4K is a non-starter. I have read that 4K would produce too much heat and the MM cannot tolerate the added thermal load. But I would still like 4K, if anyway possible LoL.
2020-2-22
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

I would like follow me, active track, raw/DNG, and custom white balance controls.

Follow me and active track should be doable because they are intelligent mode features that run from the mobile device.  But they are missing from the new DJI Fly app.  Maybe left out of the DJI Fly app in a rush to release the Mini?. I'm hopeful that they will be added.  Raw photos and white balance adjustments definitely need to be added; they are basic camera features nowadays.

2.7k 60fps and a bump in mbps would be nice.  I'd take it even if it reduced flight time by a few minutes.
2020-2-22
Use props
djiuser_iw5f5dLr6u9Z
New

Ireland

RAW format , it's the best upgrade you could give the mini and I'm sure it would boost sales .
2020-2-22
Use props
Cryptic
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_pGtqixqVo85s Posted at 2-21 19:31
I would prefer to have something like headless mode , course lock, home lock. because mavic mini is supposed to be a beginner drone. And beginners find it very difficult with the orientation of drone, when it is turned backwards and facing the user. I really wish DJI adds these in the next firmware upgrade. It would be really helpful for a beginner.

I like the idea of that.
2020-2-22
Use props
djiuser_MZawk0D8NVT5
lvl.1
Finland

TWO things are MUST.

ONE. Ability to shoot RAW images is a MUST.   Otherwise mavic mini is just a video type drone only, very limited.   This would definitely sell more drones.  Many people are disappointed after purchase.   (post editing with lightroom mobile gives easy great results with raw).

TWO. Locking WHITE BALANCE is a MUST (photo/video).  Mavic mini is in trouble with white snow scenes.  Snow colours change so much between shots!

2.7k video is enough.  Saves storage space and editing power and time).  Mavic mini video looks good.

Automatic panorama shoot matrixes would be nice (just auto shoot raw, no stitching), but mostly I shoot my panoramas manually anyway.  Again, raw is a must for panoramas.

Follow me - Auto tracking should be included for SAFETY reasons. Otherwise mavic mini users are going to drive their car and drone simultaneously to get those typical follow car shoots.  Not safe.

Even slower control movements option would be nice (extra slow cinematic+)
2020-2-27
Use props
Newton_UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Auto bracketing.
2020-2-27
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

24 fps and low light mode, 1/15" video shutter speed for night mode 30fps.
2020-2-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Vertical and horizontal pano .
2020-2-27
Use props
Corsairoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779049 ft
United Kingdom

I''d be happy with a fix for the 'drop out the sky' issue, ie stability. Plus RAW camera output.
2020-2-27
Use props
Cobani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612503 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

1) RAW Photos (IS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY THAT ANY CAMERA IN THIS DAYS DON'T HAVE RAW/DNG DUMP)

2) White Balance Lock

3) Full manual controls on video
2020-2-27
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Custom WB (I believe it will be added soon)
D-Cinelike (I don’t believe much, but I would like to have it)
2020-2-27
Use props
Bassboat
lvl.1

Canada

Ok I am not a photographer, so I looked what RAW is... below is the definition.

What is a raw file in photography?
A camera RAW image is an unprocessed photograph captured with a digital camera. It contains the raw image data captured by the camera's sensor (or CCD)

If this is simply what it is, why can’t the mini just save the photo before it does anything to item?

So my picks, RAW, video controls, and Follow Me, as both seem very simple to do via firmware update,  (would also like the cool shots like asteroid, pano, etc, but they are not as much of a must)

2020-2-27
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

Manual mode for video recording and stable WIFI transmission.  
2020-2-28
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ocusync 2.0, but that will never happen.
2020-2-28
Use props
Macrobionic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11033 ft
Australia

It would be great to be able to program your own QuickShots.
2020-2-28
Use props
djiuser_MZawk0D8NVT5
lvl.1
Finland

If this is considered entry level drone, RAW should be an option for sure.
People like to edit their photos with their phones for instagram etc.

Apps like lightroom mobile,  it is very powerful and easy to edit raw photos with phone. And raws are needed when people are shooting in difficult light conditions. And they do often.

Entry level users don’t have any easy and powerful apps in their phones to “stack” manually exposed multiple jpgs to reveal dynamic range or skills or time.   But they can push lightrooom mobile etc. auto button and get very good results with RAW images.  Easy and fast for everyone, but not for mavic mini users!!

AND mavic mini should be a great tool for professionals too. For longer hikes in wilderness without electricity... Mavic mini is the best solution.  Small to pack, lightweight , great flight time, can be charged with battery banks.  BUT... it is lacking RAW which  is needed badly.

Where is the RAW, DJI?!?
2020-2-28
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

djiuser_MZawk0D8NVT5 Posted at 2-27 11:39
TWO things are MUST.

ONE. Ability to shoot RAW images is a MUST.   Otherwise mavic mini is just a video type drone only, very limited.   This would definitely sell more drones.  Many people are disappointed after purchase.   (post editing with lightroom mobile gives easy great results with raw).

Having all these features, Mini would be my one and only ultimate drone. I'm pretty sure that I will stay with this size and weight drone, so getting M2 is not option.
I believe (and still hope) that Follow me or Spotlight can be added through Quickshot, with limited speed, range and duration for safety.
2020-2-28
Use props
fansfaa3ea19
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3561378 ft
United States

1. Manual video
2. RAW
3. Custom WB

Just on thought on Active Track. Given the lack of obstacle avoidance, I highly doubt DJI ever considered adding it. Imagine all the crashed Minis and support tickets. Yes, users can do stupid things following their cars or whatever, but that's user error. Maybe they do add some additional Quickshot type features or at most lock a very limited follow mode.
2020-3-5
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

To all requests I add waypoints.

Obviously after solving all the problems already known...
2020-3-5
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

Active Track, since it was advertised as Spark replacement.
2020-3-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No more unwanted uncontrolled descends.....
2020-3-6
Use props
InspektorGadjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Raw photos, a must.
Raw video/d-cine like, would be very very very convenient.
Lock or change WB.
Sharpness adjustment, at least 3 options like gopros.
Increased Mb/s.

None of this would compete with more advanced models.

2020-3-6
Use props
Pashi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Manual video settings, automatic POI, control over sharpness, cinematic mode with higher speed or ATTI.
BTW, bit rate 40mbit for 2.7K  is okay, the image is just strongly over-sharpened.
2020-3-8
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Spotlight, raw, white balance adjustment and lock.  A resolution to props hitting the AC body and uncommanded descents
2020-3-8
Use props
djiuser_z7TBuRKNKHOx
New
Flight distance : 16093 ft
Spain

What I miss the most in my Mavic Mini is
1- HDR vídeo. It takes me a lot of time trying to improve how bad it looks sometimes
2- Follow me
3- Lock target, so I can fly around and don’t have to worry about moving camera angle
2020-3-28
Use props
Johnsky
New
Austria

SDK and RAW for photos and video would be great. The absolut best woudl be if DJI woudl make it open source, so that  users could implement their own software. This would create a huge community for thier small drone and perhaps they then could use some ideas for their more professional drones. Just thing about magic lanthern for Canon cams. The Mavic Mini as some kind of development sandbx would be extremely cool.
2020-5-3
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

1. D cinelike profile
2. Lower the sharpness in video/allow to adjust it manual
3. Maby increase a bitrate
4. HDR
5. Panorama
2020-5-3
Use props
ichan.id
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54183 ft
Indonesia

1. More distance flight  *with no booster or mod or hack
2. More stable Firmware on next release
3. RAW image/video

with the 3 points above, i can fullfil what i need with my mavic mini.
other things can be achieved with the help of other editing tools
2020-5-3
Use props
snoopkakapo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106020 ft
Czechia

1/ D-Cinelike (flat) profile
2/ RAW photos
3/ Spotlight

4/ DJI branded ND filters
5/ dark semi-transparent bg under app info bar (sats, wifi, batts, etc.)

And thanks a lot for the Manual Video! I am very happy with latest FW .500
2020-5-3
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The three that I think would make the most difference and have the most realistic chance of DJI being willing/able to add :

1- Auto exposure bracketing (AEB) - would make it much easier to create HDR photos
2 - Spotlight (drone stays on spot but turns/tilts gimble to follow motion)
3 - White balance control on-screen not hidden in menu

RAW would be nice

I don't see a real need for HDR or panorama in the app as it's so easy (and free) to do it manually with much better results
2020-5-3
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

Sensitivity options for the controller sticks !
2020-5-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules