Features of the Mavic Mini you want!
6320 74 2020-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frehme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25617 ft
Brazil

For me the main point is the visibility of the satellite and battery at the DJI Fly app. The information are really small and at white color. When we fly at a bright sky it is Impossible to see these information.
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_3JfxpsULXLa9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1112218 ft
  • >>>
Poland

RAW support
2020-5-3
Use props
Drone Retard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380344 ft
Romania

Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight Spotlight  
2020-5-3
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

RAWRAWRAW                    RAWRAW                       RAW           RAW         RAW
RAW        RAW                RAW       RAW                      RAW         RAW        RAW
RAWRAWRAW              RAW          RAW                     RAW         RAW       RAW  
RAWRAW                     RAW             RAW                    RAW        RAW      RAW
RAW  RAW                   RAWRAWRAWRA                    RAW        RAW     RAW
RAW       RAW              RAW              RAW                     RAW      RAW    RAW
RAW         RAW            RAW              RAW                      RAWRAWRAWRAW
2020-5-3
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

1. Tracking. Spark have. Air have. Small Tello have simple by app. https://youtu.be/B-_H7hAv5No
2. Gestures like Spark and Air 1 ( 3 selfie, follow )
3. Works without controller possibility ( smartphone only )
4. Panorama
5. Quick propellers change
All is easy possible without special cost. After this i will gladly buy Mavic Mini.
Now i am thinking about Air 1 because A2 is too fat.

Btw some tip for " tracking" https://youtu.be/fWuBDM9uHOQ

In my opinion Mini 2 is  welcome. Mini 1 is underdeveloped. Too fast on market.

2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_qEyGxqCm86S2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

In order of importance to me:

1. Active Track / Follow Me (this is just a must! All other DJI drones have it and there is NO reason not to add it)
2. Waypoints
3. 4K 24/25/30P (preferably 60P, but from a marketing perspective I get it ;))
3. RAW support for photography

This is the perfect travel drone, but it is just missing things that some cheaper drones DO offer.
The lack of OAB is no reason NOT to implement active tracking as you can crash your drone with circling and spiral as much. It also show the active track feature is actually already implemented, but not engaged for the mini.
2020-5-4
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Don't laugh, ok maybe. Everyone requested what's needed but what about making the editing software operating the same for Androids and Apple. Yes Tracking like the Spark had at an entry level that would be nice. Knowing it's different controller software. Cheers to getting away from ours living compounds
2020-5-4
Use props
anubhab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 879547 ft

India

I believe the Drone needs the following features  7 things addressed

1) Uncommanded descent (since i faced it several times and my drone is grounded atm)
2) Setting the battery level for RTH (tello has it)
3) Waypoints
4) RAW
5) Active track
6) More quickshots

2020-5-4
Use props
fansa3ca2932
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1614416 ft
Russia

Precision landing on GPS mode would be nice as it has vision system.
2020-5-5
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

MARTINEZX Posted at 5-4 00:27
1. Tracking. Spark have. Air have. Small Tello have simple by app. https://youtu.be/B-_H7hAv5No
2. Gestures like Spark and Air 1 ( 3 selfie, follow )
3. Works without controller possibility ( smartphone only )

But the Tello tracking is not from DJI itself or?

Quick propellers change is hardware.. So either never or Mavic Mini2.
2020-5-5
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

fansa3ca2932 Posted at 5-5 01:28
Precision landing on GPS mode would be nice as it has vision system.

Which it does anyway, but GPS has often +/- >1meter.. (if not even bigger).

And (at least from the MA2) the precision landing also can have +/- several meters.
2020-5-5
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

thE29 Posted at 5-5 01:37
But the Tello tracking is not from DJI itself or?

Quick propellers change is hardware.. So either never or Mavic Mini2.
No its from Tello fpv app...

Yes, you have right in propellers. Don't know why thay change this in amateur drone if posibillity of crash is bigger.

I dont know if RAW and 4K/60 is needed for basic drone.  For this is Mavic Air and Mavic Air 2. I'm an artist, designer so i understand quality etc. but if i am professional in photography i can easy go for Air series or higher. Pro photographer not need small drone, thay always take whole of massive cameras and lenses. So 0,5 kg more is  not a problem. 4k and RAW is not Mini target. If this is posibillity to put Air 2 silent motors into Air 1 i will buy Air 1 because is small and have all posibillity i want : tracking, gestures, panorama, smarthphone control and 4k as extras.
2020-5-5
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1079094 ft
Canada

I think that Tap Fly would be nice since it’s a beginner drone and the pilot just has to monitor for obstructions in the way.
2020-5-5
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

Features I would like to have:

1) No more uncommanded descent
2) Spotlight mode
3) Original carbon fibre props by DJI
2020-5-5
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

In order of importance to me:

1. Active Follow tracking mode (NUMBER 1 PRIORITY!!!!) - This is a real ommision on the Mavic Mini! Especially for travel and vlogs.
2.  Spotlight mode
3. Waypoints
4.  RAW photos
5.  White balance setting on screen
6. Panorama
7. A dedicated button to go straight to the quickshot modes

2020-5-6
Use props
MARTINEZX
lvl.4
Poland

1. Spark features
2020-5-15
Use props
ulfw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 281381 ft
Turkey

Panorama like the old cheap ass Spark had years ago.
2020-5-15
Use props
Balooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124019 ft
France

Waypoints, active track, follow me, fpv goggles compatibility, panorama, asteroid and others quickshot options, setting the battery level for RTH, fixing radar error, SDK release, sharpness control, joysticks' sensitivity controls, raw... this from DJI
And from Android, I expect the option of not discharging the controller in order to charge the smartphone ;-)
2020-5-16
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Canada

Macrobionic Posted at 2-28 00:36
It would be great to be able to program your own QuickShots.

That’s a good idea!
2020-5-18
Use props
Maaacoooo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3336138 ft
Philippines

1. RAW Images
2. Able to modify control sensitivity. - e.g Sports mode, but smoother yaw. This is great for shooting fast subjects.
2020-5-18
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Another one here for adjustable stick sensitivity as on my P3 adv, yes I know you can sort of do this by swapping modes but I dont find that an ideal solution.
A dark background behind the icons on the view screen's upper right e.g battery etc.
2020-5-18
Use props
AidanDroneFan
lvl.2
Canada

Since the Mavic mini only has bottom obstacle avoidance sensors, and it's a beginner friendly drone. I think to give the pilot more awareness it would be good for an autible alert to be played when the sensors detect the height between the ground and the drone getting very close, for example if the pilot was flying backwards, left, or right. And the surface below started to incline, like on a hill, the system would beep and elevate to a safe altitude. I know that no matter what the drone will still elevate to a safe distance, but an alert would just let the pilots know that there is an incline.
2020-5-18
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Balooo Posted at 5-16 07:11
Waypoints, active track, follow me, fpv goggles compatibility, panorama, asteroid and others quickshot options, setting the battery level for RTH, fixing radar error, SDK release, sharpness control, joysticks' sensitivity controls, raw... this from DJI
And from Android, I expect the option of not discharging the controller in order to charge the smartphone ;-)

The phone charging is an android issue, it's hardwired into the OS and cannot be circumvented by third parties so there is nothing DJI can do, unfortunately.

I think there are apps you can install that stop it but you would need to root your phone.
2020-5-19
Use props
Balooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124019 ft
Italy

itchyeyeballs Posted at 5-19 00:20
The phone charging is an android issue, it's hardwired into the OS and cannot be circumvented by third parties so there is nothing DJI can do, unfortunately.

I think there are apps you can install that stop it but you would need to root your phone.

I hope google'll modify this behaviour in android 11 ^^
2020-5-19
Use props
thumthum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36745 ft
Malaysia

I hope there is a feature like anchor point, drop that anchor at the drone current GPS position during flight, and when the drone is out of transmission, the drone will back to the anchor point to standby for transmission reconnect, instead of flying back straight to the RTH point. If the done still couldn't manage to reconnect the signal for some duration, then it will only back to RTH point (starting point). Anchor point can be used as a safe point, so the drone wouldn't fly straight blindly to the RTH. I've lost my drone due to the signal suddenly disconnected and fly straight to RTH which the route might could have some obstacle.
2020-5-20
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thumthum I have seen one you tube video where one of the comments suggests that, when looking at the map feature, tapping the drone's icon resets the home point to the drone's location. I do not have a clue if this is correct as currently my map feature has such poor resolution that it is entirely useless but that is another matter.
2020-5-20
Use props
CaulfieldS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117405 ft
United States

The ability to automatically re-fly previous flights. Would make for really cool video's transitioning through seasons, or following the development of projects
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_ofOWmeZZ3zHH
lvl.1
United States

I know this has been said exhaustively throughout this forum and many others, but RAW photo support seems like a must! I also think a flat color profile for video would be a nice bonus. I’ve seen it mentioned several times, but a course lock function so people could more easily/manually shoot hyperlapses would be great as well!
In summary:
1) RAW photo support
2) Flat color profile (D-Cinelike)
3) Courselock (or similar) function
(Please?)
2020-5-20
Use props
djiuser_ofOWmeZZ3zHH
lvl.1
United States

2020-5-20
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_ofOWmeZZ3zHH Posted at 5-20 21:55
I know this has been said exhaustively throughout this forum and many others, but RAW photo support seems like a must! I also think a flat color profile for video would be a nice bonus. I’ve seen it mentioned several times, but a course lock function so people could more easily/manually shoot hyperlapses would be great as well!
In summary:
1) RAW photo support

100% agreed plus ability to control over sharpness. PLEASE!!!!! MAKE VIDEO LESS DESTROYED BY OVER-SHARPENING! PLEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
2020-5-21
Use props
thumthum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36745 ft
Malaysia

Sean-newbie Posted at 5-20 06:06
Thumthum I have seen one you tube video where one of the comments suggests that, when looking at the map feature, tapping the drone's icon resets the home point to the drone's location. I do not have a clue if this is correct as currently my map feature has such poor resolution that it is entirely useless but that is another matter.

Hello Sean-newbie, yes you are correct! But that only changing the home point, so what if you changed your home point, and your connection is lost? it will land at the home point. So my suggestion is, anchor point to command the drone hover at the desire location for a short period, then only return to home point.
2020-5-23
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

Support for the DJI Goggles
2020-5-23
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

Active tracking
Follow me
Headless mode
Way-points
Better visibility of icons in top row (black or gray stripe under the icons)
More quick-shots / Panorama
Goggles compatibility
Joysticks sensitivity controls
Costumize low alarm warning
SDK release
RAW
2020-6-6
Use props
TMvideo
lvl.3
Ukraine

1) RAW\DNG photo
2) h265 video codec
3) Settings for sharpness+basic noise\grain reduction
4) ISO priority option (set ISO while shutter is auto)
5) Neck strap for RC
2020-6-6
Use props
addxm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270118 ft
United Kingdom

Enable quickshot manuevers whist in video mode. Enabling more than 1 QS during your main recording rather than stopping session and then recording 15 second clip.  Then you can record the return journey also, and link the moves together in 1 take. Dronie especially looks very good on return. Alternatively at least add option to continue recording until return to start is finished.
2020-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules