fly indoors in restricted zone
12781 7 2020-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

how can i take off indoors in an authorisation zone?

the DJI Go 4 app just repeating the authorization, it says successful, but because I do not have enough satellites, I can't take off. and it will ask me again for authorisation request.
somehow atti mode doesn't seem to be a thing in these zones.
strangely when I have satellites, and do the authorization and then go back inside, ATTI Mode will work.

2020-2-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't use the phone/app
2020-2-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 2-23 11:07
Don't use the phone/app

I agree
2020-2-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. The DJI Mavic Mini has a GPS module on board. Therefore, if the drone detects a No-Fly Zone (NFZ) area, the drone will automatically lock itself and will not be able to fly even indoors. You may refer to the image below for the ATTI mode of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Thank you for your support!

2020-2-23
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

A J Posted at 2-23 11:07
Don't use the phone/app

haha easiest fix EVER !

thanks! it starts in ATTI mode (like before) and then turns to OPTI once the motors running. that's just perfect.

this is just to take off from my balcony basically, once the drone is outside I can just connect the phone and do the authorization since I have 90 sec to do that, that's really not a big deal.

much better than walking downstairs and stay in the sun till the drones GPS hunger is satisfied ;)
2020-2-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nullx8 Posted at 2-24 00:09
haha easiest fix EVER !

thanks! it starts in ATTI mode (like before) and then turns to OPTI once the motors running. that's just perfect.

You got it
2020-2-24
Use props
tdorego
lvl.4
Canada

You can also submit an unlocking request. Just go to the DJI Fly Safe section and select unlock a zone. Select custom unlocking and input location, the zone you are in (amongst other items), and in the comments area add "Practice Flying - Indoors Only". Also, set altitude to 0 as you will be indoors. You will also require your RC serial number which you can find in the fly app. Submit, and usually within 10-15 min. you will receive an unlocking authorization which you can activate (be sure to have wifi or cellular enabled on your phone or device to receive the authorization, then you can disable). I have only requested 1 or 2 days but have been given 3 days each time and was able to fly in my house to my hearts content. Of course, fly responsibly and do not fly outside (if you do and have an incident, they know who you are). I live right in "B" class airspace about 2km from the runway and received the authorizations no problem. I did this to just get everything working and setup and to get a feel of the drone. I now go out and fly in "Green" zones!  :)
2020-2-24
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

tdorego Posted at 2-24 14:10
You can also submit an unlocking request. Just go to the DJI Fly Safe section and select unlock a zone. Select custom unlocking and input location, the zone you are in (amongst other items), and in the comments area add "Practice Flying - Indoors Only". Also, set altitude to 0 as you will be indoors. You will also require your RC serial number which you can find in the fly app. Submit, and usually within 10-15 min. you will receive an unlocking authorization which you can activate (be sure to have wifi or cellular enabled on your phone or device to receive the authorization, then you can disable). I have only requested 1 or 2 days but have been given 3 days each time and was able to fly in my house to my hearts content. Of course, fly responsibly and do not fly outside (if you do and have an incident, they know who you are). I live right in "B" class airspace about 2km from the runway and received the authorizations no problem. I did this to just get everything working and setup and to get a feel of the drone. I now go out and fly in "Green" zones!

my house is like 15 meters inside the blue zone, so i get auth once i have the Satelites, its just a pain to see the "can not takeoff" all the time... disconnecting the phone is a simple trick. i fly it out of thewindow .. once it gets satelite fix it will tret to autoland but then i can still make the authorisation, and i'm good to go.

only issue is the home point is then wrong, but i can't autoland at my house or anywhere near here anyway .. so thats not really a big deal.
2020-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules