Remote controller battery drains
9480 7 2020-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vivek1982
lvl.1

India

Hello Guys, I am using mavic 2 pro with RC and Samsung S10.  My RC battery is getting drained very fast with the android phone but when I use iPhone battery is not draining. I need to work on android projects only so please help me with this. Also, RC is taking 2 hours of time to charge up to 40% battery.
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Vivek1982. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The reason why your mobile device ( Samsung S10 ) is discharging your DJI remote controller is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). In addition I will forward this thread and these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you for understanding and support.
2020-2-24
Use props
Vivek1982
lvl.1

India

Thanks for your Reply.  I found some solutions to fix this issue in forums

1> Disable the fast charging mode in mobile so that it should not discharge RC very fast.
2> You should fully charge your phone before using the RC.
3> You can charge RC and also use RC at the same time. But as per forum comments it can damage my RC.
4> Root your mobile phone and disable it's charging mode permanently.
5> Modify your USB cable to disable the charging option.
6> Use only phones which are recommended for your drone model.
7> There is some problem with mavic 2 pro RC only for other models there are no such issues.
8> Refresh the firmware will fix your problem.

Please let me know your comments on the above points. Also, do we have some other points which can help us? Thanks
2020-2-24
Use props
djiuser_gifmAMehEMHQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7431 ft
United States

Vivek1982 Posted at 2-24 21:53
Thanks for your Reply.  I found some solutions to fix this issue in forums

1> Disable the fast charging mode in mobile so that it should not discharge RC very fast.

I just bought a Mavic Pro 2 and first thing I notice is controller is trying to charge my phone. So I do some research and find out this issue has been going on FOR YEARS.

The Android Charger Battery Drain issue has been going on for years and has not been addressed. This issue needs to be fixed. If it can be fixed with a cable, DJI should supply one.

This is asinine on DJI's part. They advertise it as Android compatible, but there is no solution to the issue even after years of complaints. Wake up DJI! Android commands about half of all devices in the US and elsewhere.

DJI has ignored this issue long enough! I can't use my $2 k drone more than 40 minutes before the controller is drained due to idiotic behavior of charging my cell phone.

I shouldn't have to buy an external power pack to charge the controller while the controller charges the phone in some kind of f'd up daisy chain of charging just to fly my drone, yet that seems to be the only viable resolution.

DJI shrugs it off and says it is a problem with Android they are unable to fix. No, they are UNWILLING to address the issue. This is a MAJOR inconvenience for Android users.

Please fix it or supply a solution.
2020-2-28
Use props
djiuser_AKp7ItDAJkm5
New

Switzerland

Hi guys I have a iPhone 6s and I had my phone charge 96% flew the mavic mini and my drone was 67% charged left and my phone went flat , battery health on my phone is 84% and as you can see the DJI app is draining my phone ... this is stupid you have a 27 min ish of fly but you can’t because the app drain your battery this is wrong
9883B4B7-6AF2-48D9-A77C-E80848B548C2.png
2020-4-5
Use props
djiuser_AKp7ItDAJkm5
New

Switzerland

Hi guys I have a iPhone 6s and I had my phone charge 96% flew the mavic mini and my drone was 67% charged left and my phone went flat , battery health on my phone is 84% and as you can see the DJI app is draining my phone ... this is stupid you have a 27 min ish of fly but you can’t because the app drain your battery this is wrong
02B8F64A-AAF3-43A1-8B88-D21CCF0B1724.png
2020-4-5
Use props
armyguy91357
lvl.1

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-2-24 08:06
Hello and good day Vivek1982. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The reason why your mobile device ( Samsung S10 ) is discharging your DJI remote controller is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). In addition I will forward this thread and these information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. Thank you for understanding and support.

My DJI Mavic Pro Controller starts to display lower percentages as soon as it charges to 81%  It starts flickering and then the percentages start decreasing.  Can you tell me about this?  Thank you.
2022-2-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

armyguy91357@gm Posted at 2-18 08:47
My DJI Mavic Pro Controller starts to display lower percentages as soon as it charges to 81%  It starts flickering and then the percentages start decreasing.  Can you tell me about this?  Thank you.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about this. Is there any error message? Could you please provide a video of the issue described for us to do a confirmation? Thank you.
2022-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules