987 2 2020-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Village Video
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23301 ft
United States

AIRMAP POLICY CHANGE

Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, photo, pilot registration number, a copy of a driver’s license or government ID, operator ID, age, or social media account ID.
Contact Data includes billing and/or physical address, email address and telephone numbers.
Drone Data includes a drone’s physical location, including its flight path or telemetry data, a serial number, UAS ID, operation descriptions, or other information that identifies the Drone.
Employment Data includes data about your professional life such as Curriculum Vitae or cover letter.
Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details

No right to privacy with this company... Wonder where Robo calls come from...
Single SelectVote, Total 2 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

0.00% (0)
50.00% (1)
50.00% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this poll. I hope that you will get the best information and the best insights from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this matter. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-25
Use props
BigNutz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 402730 ft
United States

Unfortunately my data is already strewn about the bowels of the Dark Web, from a number of data theft incidents. I'm not just talking about phone number and age, either. Thanks to the US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) failing to protect the data of those whose personal information and identities could be exploited most egregiously. Because I held a Top Secret (TS) clearance, I was one of 4 million or so who were informed that the electronic version of the 60+ page document which I filled out when first starting the adjudication process of the clearance had been stolen off their server.

It's hard to accurately characterize the granularity of detail about every aspect of my life and career, suffice to say, I haven't had an expectation of privacy since. The people who I feel were screwed over even more than I was are the poor SOB's who were denied the clearance because of something stupid OPM didn't like in their past. So they didn't get the job, and OPM couldn't even do them the courtesy of ensuring the info which they found objectionable would be protected.

So forgive me if I'm not overly concerned with AirMap sharing the information I provide. You realize you can change your data in the app, they don't require any of the fields or require cell phone number verification.

I'm not really get into the irony of a complaint about privacy being placed on the forum site of a company that sucks up every drop of your sUAS data and footage for their own purposes. It doesn't matter to e that DJI does this, and it's not a secret. But if you are that concerned about privacy issues, you may want to take a closer look at the user agreement and disclosures you accepted when registering you aircraft.

2020-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules