Did anyone read the Federal Register of Remote ID?
726 9 2020-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/12/31/2019-28100/remote-identification-of-unmanned-aircraft-systems

It said somewhere, to be an FAA drone operator you need pass certain security clearance approvals as well as keep it up to date?

"To become an FAA-qualified Remote ID USS, a prospective Remote ID USS would enter into an MOA with the FAA, demonstrate it meets the technical requirements, and successfully test the end-to-end system and connections. Prospective Remote ID USS would also be reviewed for consistency with national security and cybersecurity requirements and export administration regulations. FAA-qualified Remote ID USS would be subject to ongoing FAA review to ensure compliance and quality-of-service."

RIP to all those who have criminal records or eq.  At least I can get hired again instead of the massive saturation traffic that has recently occurred in late 2019.

Is DJI going to allow us to send our drones in for the modification or at least swap the drones in for a new or modified one like the FLIR XT1 V2?
2020-2-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably a good way to get people to buy new drones.
2020-2-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 2-25 02:11
Probably a good way to get people to buy new drones.

Not everyone can afford to buy new drones so they might just quit which is whoever made the lengthy proposal wanted to have happen.  Weeding out the novices for the Professionals who are Least likely to have issues as they know what to look for, unlike the Mavic Mini pilots.
2020-2-25
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 2-25 05:03
Not everyone can afford to buy new drones so they might just quit which is whoever made the lengthy proposal wanted to have happen.  Weeding out the novices for the Professionals who are Least likely to have issues as they know what to look for, unlike the Mavic Mini pilots.

This sounds highly accurate.  I see the good in it and also the bad.  This definitely is a kick in the gut for traditional model aircraft pilots, which I believe these changes may affect them as well.  I also see that this will definitely turn prospective hobbyists off, as these regulations put way too much weight down on the consumer industry, which of course is tailor made for government and corporations to operate.
2020-2-25
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

This has NOTHING to do with Drone pilots.

A USS is a service company that provides session IDs and recrods your flights when connected to the Internet. It is similar to the LAANC companies that provide with permission to fly in restricted airspace. You, as a pilot are NOT a USS. No worries here.

Also, so many have stated in the comments to the NPRM an internet connection is not a good idea. If the FAA is seriously listening to us the current internet connection proposal will be dropped and USS's will never come to be.
2020-2-25
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
United States

As stated by the OP:
Is DJI going to allow us to send our drones in for the modification or at least swap the drones in for a new or modified one like the FLIR XT1 V2?

No need to send in DJI drones for modification. All DJI drones can be made compliant with the new NPRM rules with a simple firmware update.

And yes, I did read the NPRM and reread it until I thought I had a good understanding of it.
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post this will help our valued DJI co pilots to be more informed of the said matter. With regards to sending the drone in for modification. As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding this process. We do not have any information on any DJI updates that will come out in the future. For the latest updates and news with DJI. Kindly please visit our official websites at www.dji.com for details. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-25
Use props
Petek
New
United States

I'm trying to enter an FAA authorization but don't see where to do it in the dji go 4 app. Any help would be appreciated
2020-4-24
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
United States

Hi Petek. Welcome!

Couple of things. Since you are new you probably cannot create a thread yet. I would suggest you go to the forums for the next 4 days as you get 5 points each day just for doing that. If I remember correctly, after 20 points you can then create a new thread and title it appropriately.

As to your question, I assume you are trying to get FAA authorization in controlled airspace?

If the controlled airspace has LAANC activated you need to use a LAANC approved app such as AirMap or Kitty Hawk. DJI Go 4 does not have the ability to grant authorization. There are LOTs of excellent YouTube videos on how to do this.

If this is NOT what you are seeking I suggest you gain enough points to create a thread and ask your question there with more details on what you are trying to do. Also, include what type of DJI drone you have.
2020-4-24
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

So this post was before Corona shutdown the world and delayed many things especially those non-essential.  Let's just sweep the ADS-B proposals under the rug, quietly, while everyone is trying to figure out how to survive and adapt to the new 6ft margins way of life?

People will try to go back to their previous way of lives but it's as driven as the people who have become severely paralyzed thinking they can walk around like normal, on Earth wise.

We don't even know if the world has been so economically affected that before next year, most of the things would never work again.  We are all sheltered and safe, at least those who comment pre-corona.  We don't know what it's going to be like such as people having plans before computers took over the world that bankrupted their company for failing to adapt in time like Kodak.  We can try not foreseeing the future but it's as dangerous as driving down a road we are unfamiliar with that just got hit by a snow squall at highway speeds that ends up with a bus that lost control and it's passengers having all kinds of injuries.  Of course, we cannot foresee everything and we deal as it comes because nothing is worse than stressing out enough that control is lost at the moment but when problems do arise at an instant, it should be as quick as a finger injury than stressing out about having to prick your finger for blood for whatever reason, the hype is just so much more.  Imagine, years ago where in the future people were told that they cannot see their loved ones at all.  And realizing it was all because people went out to a place where an infection was at its peak.  It only matters when it affects us directly but if it doesn't, we continue on doing how we used to do it.  It's ultimately all about how the presentation engineered itself in our own individual minds.  If you look at everything in life, it all pretty much boils down to that.  Now, as filmmakers, aerial filmmakers, we have the ability to present things to people that people don't usually encounter but w/o a proper presentation of that, it's as boring and uninteresting as say, doing something we aren't interested in.
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules