4K 60 FPS for Samsung Note on Mimo App
12Next >
22281 43 2020-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MGZ3K
lvl.1
United States

Please let me know if DJI will eventually supoort 60 fps shooting in 4K for Android in general in Mimo. I have a Note 9 and I really need this. I know I can use the native camera and other apps. But I will lose tracking features.

Or if you can direct me to other apps that support Osmo functions as well.

2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Than you for reaching out to DJI Forum. As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding DJI Mimo's future updates and release dates. Rest assure that our DJI R&D team will continuously send updates to improve user experience for the DJI Mimo application. Please stay tuned to the latest news, updates and events by subscribing to the DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI, Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.
2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Due to the different performances of the devices, the parameters vary. It has been tested that iPhone 8, iPhone 8P, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max support recording videos in 4K 60fps and it is currently not available with the android devices. However, I will take this as a suggestion and will forward this to our designate department for attention. Thank you!
2020-2-25
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Nobody has yet been able to point to any phone gimbal whose app provides 4K60 on Android.  Only native apps provide this, together with perhaps only one non-native app whose developers found a way of doing it for a very narrow group of phones.
2020-2-26
Use props
Aurelian Irimia
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Only the iPhone is supporting 4k60fps
2020-2-27
Use props
HSchmidt
lvl.1

Germany

Aurelian Irimia Posted at 2-27 03:50
Only the iPhone is supporting 4k60fps

Gentlemen,
currently Version 1.4.2 is actual.
Unfortunately I cannot see, that even this brandnew Versions supports the Huawei Mate 30 pro.
Why not?
Regard, herbert
2020-9-12
Use props
Aurelian Irimia
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

HSchmidt Posted at 9-12 23:48
Gentlemen,
currently Version 1.4.2 is actual.
Unfortunately I cannot see, that even this brandnew Versions supports the Huawei Mate 30 pro.

Currently Version of what? This post is from 6 month ago, I don't know what updates have come out so far and if the Mimo app supports 4k 60FPS on Android because I don't have Android, I'm an iPhone user. The only thing I can tell you is that on iPhone you can shoot 4k 60FPS with the DJI Mimo app.
2020-9-13
Use props
djiuser_HRo63A8NP7B5
New

Iran

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-2-25 08:49
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Due to the different performances of the devices, the parameters vary. It has been tested that iPhone 8, iPhone 8P, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max support recording videos in 4K 60fps and it is currently not available with the android devices. However, I will take this as a suggestion and will forward this to our designate department for attention. Thank you!
Hi, I have Samsung Galaxy Note10 plus and my OM4 updated Mimo app still does not support frame rates upper than 30fps in all 720p, 1080p or 4K res.
I posted this on playstore comments and need to know when this limit would be fixed?!
2021-1-24
Use props
Mick-france
lvl.1
Flight distance : 571883 ft
France

Same for me with a Note 10 and a brand new OM4. Bad surprise for the missing 60fps and the lack of video options. Any ETA ?
2021-1-27
Use props
h1pst3r38
lvl.1
United States

Total joke! Bought the S21 Ultra for the 4k60 and 8k video to use with a new OM4 for shooting freestyle skiers -- Mimo doesn't support either of these modes.

OM4 will be returned (with extreme prejudice) as soon as we leave the mountains.

What a joke, DJI.
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_vh8CrYnWgs2S
New

United Kingdom

Hi !
Unfortunatly, I just bought an OSMO 4 for advanced uses with my Samsung mobile, and there a long list of restrictions compared to IOS ; even our nice and trusted seller don't know them because  finding this information in the database is like doing an archaeological job ... So the term "compatibility" Android has to be clarified in the DJI's technicians minds  ... and more and more users are expressing their disappointment, as we can read for example on Otto Julian's YT channel.
For example :
- Video mode : only 30 fps, slow motion restrictions, etc... Some features can't be used, as dyna-range with totally inconsistant results
- Photography mode : huge restrictions (no manual mode ! Etc...)
- missing camera controls
I'm trying to find a clear and full list of these restrictions compared to IOS... but to my eyes, even if DJi answers : " We work hard and try to fix all of these issues", as this product offers only 50% of his potentials to Samsung users, tomorrow I will bring it back to the shop !
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_HDXyC1T6sTJ3
New

Canada

This is actually blowing my mind.
My phone can shoot in 8k. What does the app have anything to do with resolutions?  I thought the newest product was designed work with the newest phones.  8k is alot....ok...but no 4k?  The only thing that make sense is that DJI don't actually want youbusing your phone anymore, and want you to buy the Pocket 2.  I'll be spending the night thinking about returning the OM4.  Unimpressed.
2021-3-7
Use props
BCHAMBERLAIN
New
Canada

This is almost enough to make me return my OM4, I'm now debating it. Only owned it for about 2 weeks.

People purchasing this device are using it in-lieu-of a much more expensive DSLR camera alternative or equivalent. To randomly BLOCK the capabilities of the device (Android Galaxy S10+ in my case) almost ensures i will never shoot ANYTHING with the Mimo app. It looks TERRIBLE compared to native 4k footage..

Then, to slowly release this functionality for only apple devices is just a really stupid decision. This NEEDS to be more clearly advertised!!!!!

edit: after reading around on the internet more, it's obvious DJI is aware of this and does not care. The google play store, Amazon listings, everywhere has plenty Android victims echoing the same concerns. Returning my OM4 - my opinion of DJI has plummeted. I'm going to hesitate before purchasing anything else from DJI. As a Mavic Air 2 owner as well, I cannot comprehend why DJI drone software is so good but this is so... so bad. This comment not sponsored by apple.
2021-3-17
Use props
DESTREL
lvl.1

Mexico

BCHAMBERLAIN Posted at 3-17 15:01
This is almost enough to make me return my OM4, I'm now debating it. Only owned it for about 2 weeks.

People purchasing this device are using it in-lieu-of a much more expensive DSLR camera alternative or equivalent. To randomly BLOCK the capabilities of the device (Android Galaxy S10+ in my case) almost ensures i will never shoot ANYTHING with the Mimo app. It looks TERRIBLE compared to native 4k footage..

well, to  be fair, its complicated to make an app specially for the galaxy s10+, because there are many different android phones and the app should work with any, so they made it universal, which obviously reduce the quality a lot

a much more better  solution is that, with the lunch of apps working above other apps functionality on android, they could make a dji mimo app that works WITH the original camera app of the phone, but invicible, only the functions would work, this would make it virtually ground breaking, theres 0 excuses for that
2021-4-12
Use props
djiuser_TYqYAwp1aEIi
New

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-2-25 08:47
Hi, Than you for reaching out to DJI Forum. As of the moment, we don't have any information regarding DJI Mimo's future updates and release dates. Rest assure that our DJI R&D team will continuously send updates to improve user experience for the DJI Mimo application. Please stay tuned to the latest news, updates and events by subscribing to the DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI, Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support.

I just wanna know how exactly does your response even remotely helps resolve the issue
2021-7-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_TYqYAwp1aEIi Posted at 7-9 22:28
I just wanna know how exactly does your response even remotely helps resolve the issue

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please clarify what specific issue did you experience so we can help you further? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-7-10
Use props
Sabbra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14357 ft
Brazil

One year and half after and still, they are limiting the use on android phones... And we do not get a proper answer telling if the problem is DJI, google or whatever
2021-7-26
Use props
djiuser_XN3ACEpbUIeL
New

India

OnePlus 7t can support 4k 60fps but in dji memo app it only supports 4k 30fps
Please do something of android user
2021-7-27
Use props
Jbara07x
lvl.2
Egypt

i just bought om4 and i got the s21 ultra and what the heck i can't shoot 1080p60?? that's ridiculous i can't even use my 10x optical zoom
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_xgzkzWHIPxj0
New

South Korea

I am using note 20 ultra
I was disappointed to see that the app was limited to 30 frames.
When will Android be able to use 60fps?
2021-8-24
Use props
Jbara07x
lvl.2
Egypt

i talked to support and they got no idea of the when i'm sooo mad rn, i got a phone for 1200$ and it can't shoot 1080p60
2021-8-25
Use props
Jbara07x
lvl.2
Egypt

at least make the controls usable in the default camera app
2021-8-25
Use props
djiuser_WVF76mSC494B
New

Malaysia

I bought DJI OM 5 only i realised it was not compatible with Android, i had my Samsung Note 10 Plus and the DJI Mimo app ONLY ALLOWED FOOTAGE UP TO 30 FPS.....seriously...DJI should not have published this App / Product to Android users at the First place.....it cost me RM 689 on the purchse....and now it became a trash in just few hours after i discover this issue.......what a joke.....
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_WVF76mSC494B
New

Malaysia

I feel your pain...it was a joke that DJI made this
2021-9-19
Use props
djiuser_M4WpzOqroJ1r
New

Malaysia

Rubbish Dji.
How can u fucking did this to your customers
Fuck u! Go fuck yourself

Such a expensive stuff cannot support 60 fps Android

R u kidding me.
2021-9-19
Use props
fans69b57fe4
New

United States

I been waiting on 60 fps option since Osmo 3! DJI has no plans to make this happen. I know I can still use native camera app to record but losing tracking function completely defeats the purpose of having this gimbal! So disappointed and won't be buying anymore Osmo series till they fix this issue!

I suggest all Android users return this product asap before it's too late!
2021-9-23
Use props
djiuser_Xiq0bj0W5qU3
New

United States

It's crazy that it's almost 2022 and the new gimbal OM5/dji mimo app still can't support 4k60fps for galaxy!

There is one gimbal that allows tracking and hand gestures while using the native camera, Hohem. I'm considering trying that one out...
2021-11-29
Use props
djiuser_O6nFt4yDexWf
New
Ireland

S21 Ultra which is the flagship right now. Inv Android phones still can't reucord with 4k 60
Ffs.... Seems it's a joke, that there are many 4k 60 fps phones in the market but they are limited ...
2021-11-29
Use props
Solrac78
New

France

What a bad surprise to learn about the subject after buying the OM5 and Samsung S22 Ultra and I can't film in 4k 60fps. I am really disappointed. Team DJI is doing something. Thank you
2022-2-22
Use props
djiuser_bjWsV2bSZXKc
New
Netherlands

The same problem with my samsung s9+. Dji said several times that the would fix it. It never happend
2022-2-23
Use props
djiuser_ty1mByutfTMs
New

Malaysia

Just received my OM4 few days ago.. wonder why there is no 4K60FPS on my galaxy note 10 using mimo v1.7.14..
Now i knew is an existing issue..
hope DJI can plan for an improvement..
2022-3-19
Use props
djiuser_DxN9oIxXFlr4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363661 ft
United States

I assume this is still a problem with the latest osmo/mimo? I bought the 3 a while back and hardly used it because of the fps limitations.

If android users are still limited to 30fps in all resolutions after all this time then I assume dji basically screwed all the android users and will never actually fix this. Please tell me I'm wrong and it works now?
2022-10-6
Use props
djiuser_AzDIKrbQXPaM
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-2-25 08:47

So whats the deal with DJI mimo not being able to support 4K 60FPS on android?  R&D should have had this sorted by now???
2022-11-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_AzDIKrbQXPaM Posted at 11-11 01:20
So whats the deal with DJI mimo not being able to support 4K 60FPS on android?  R&D should have had this sorted by now???

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry that you are having trouble with your unit. Can you pleas confirm what specific DJI Product and mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-11-12
Use props
norgan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28117 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-2-25 08:49

This is extremely lazy, disrespectful to your customers, and outright discrimination.
You have no reason whatsoever to dictate what capabilities each phone camera has. You should not be limiting or restricting.
Get your ... together.
2022-11-22
Use props
norgan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28117 ft
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-12 02:21
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry that you are having trouble with your unit. Can you pleas confirm what specific DJI Product and mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It should not matter what device it is. You simply use the camera in whatever mode the os let's you put it in. Why on earth would you make an app that is so deficient? Why get so hung up on what phone it is when all major Android phones now support 4k 60fps! What a joke.
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

norgan Posted at 11-22 23:50
This is extremely lazy, disrespectful to your customers, and outright discrimination.
You have no reason whatsoever to dictate what capabilities each phone camera has. You should not be limiting or restricting.
Get your ... together.

Hi, norgan. Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for the inconvenience. May we ask how we can assist you and what phone you have? We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_DBxiduXCSP0Z
New

India

It has been approximately three years since this concern is first raised about the lack of 60fps support on Android devices in DJI MIMO. Despite this, the issue remains unresolved, and it is disrespectful to Android users that this basic feature is not available to us. If DJI is unable to provide this feature to Android users, they should not sell their products to us. As a result of this lack of support, my purchase of the DJI OM 6 has become essentially useless(Garbage).

2022-12-30
Use props
djiuser_6j4Twi2oZRt1
New

Brazil

djiuser_DBxiduXCSP0Z Posted at 2022-12-30 00:35
It has been approximately three years since this concern is first raised about the lack of 60fps support on Android devices in DJI MIMO. Despite this, the issue remains unresolved, and it is disrespectful to Android users that this basic feature is not available to us. If DJI is unable to provide this feature to Android users, they should not sell their products to us. As a result of this lack of support, my purchase of the DJI OM 6 has become essentially useless(Garbage).

I fully agree with you. They gotta know that there is more android users arond the world than IOS users. The app is not even on Play store! I am very disapointed with my DJI OM 5.
2023-1-11
Use props
djiuser_izdQjxdIxfJD
New

Australia

Yup! It's 2023 now and still no change to the limitations on android users. A shame really. Is it that hard to rectify this? I've only had my gimble for a few weeks now and am only find now about these problems. Enough of this "can we get more information about what product and phone you have" and just release a statement on what is going on. The more android users who buy a DJI gimble and have issues will just result in them talking down DJI. Word of mouth travels fast. I will not buy another DJI Osmo until this is fixed. You make a good product but the fact you cannot get past this issue is poor form. Shape up.
2023-2-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules