Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

The FAA proposed rules for Remote ID will needlessly make drones out of reach economically for many individuals and communities.  Community Search and Rescue Teams will have their budgets needlessly stressed and needlessly "taxed" and that would likely interfere with their mission serving the public.  Community groups that count on drone imagery to document abuses by those without the best interests of the community in mind will be at a severe disadvantage to wealthy abusers who can afford to hire drone and helicopter operations.  

I would like to support the DJI position on Remote ID that is based on the existing technology demonstrated by DJI and others.  The FAA stated reluctance to use the existing DJI technology, and similar concepts, but instead use the FAA proposed technology because it is "more complete" has a major flaw.  The FAA response should be "more complete - until compromised".  And we all know that it will be compromised once it fails to stop a hacker's demonstration or a worse effort.  And the effect in the real world of the FAA effort on Remote ID will only make the hacking more likely because of the challenge and the FAA's proposed economic prejudice against those who are economically stressed.

The DJI "broadcast Remote ID", and related concepts, serve communities and level the playing field because of its hassle-free, no-cost and "no tax" characteristics.  Search and Rescue operations will have less stress on their budgets and wealthy abusers will not get the advantage again.

I would also like to support hobbyists, and hobbyist clubs and organizations like the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA).  I support the AMA position against the FAA proposed rules for Remote ID.

In conclusion, my comments are to support both the Academy of Model Aeronautics position and the DJI position, both of which are against the FAA Proposed Rulemaking as seen in their Notice.  The Rulemaking Proposal is clearly a bid to make the skies only available for the wealthy while not providing the safety mandated due to the flaws in the FAA proposal as noted by the AMA and DJI positions.

Mahalo for your time and considerations in this matter.
Aloha and Drone On!

2020-2-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Cetacean. Thank you for sharing these information with us and your take with regards to this matter. " Aloha and Drone On! "
2020-2-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-25 15:10
Hello and good day Cetacean. Thank you for sharing these information with us and your take with regards to this matter. " Aloha and Drone On! "

Aloha Stephen,

Happy to share this approach.  Mahalo for the support.  In the AMA video I posted in another thread, they said how even if you say the same thing as another commenter, both comments will count.  So every voice needs to be heard - even if each voice is saying the same thing.

The best comments I came across are from the AMA and DJI, so just saying you support their positions adds to the strength of each voice.  It also helps if you can personalize it in some way to show how the imposed rules would affect you.   It is not required but can be helpful.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-26
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Big Like my Friend !!
2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Cetacean Posted at 2-26 00:41
Aloha Stephen,

Happy to share this approach.  Mahalo for the support.  In the AMA video I posted in another thread, they said how even if you say the same thing as another commenter, both comments will count.  So every voice needs to be heard - even if each voice is saying the same thing.

You are very much welcome Cetacean. Again thank you for your valued support, please stay safe always and keep on flying.
2020-2-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Neb,

Happy to see you found it!  Sad situation but hopefully, it will turn out right.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-2-29
Use props
Roy Rogers \\
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

I hit the like before I read it . I liked the fact you posted a Comment to the faa . After reading what you posted , Very well thought out and very well said .  Probably more effective then  my Comment telling them it was ("Bonkers")  
   Comment Tracking Number: 1k4-9fb3-6lns
2020-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules