Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote ID comments
691 2 2020-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glaive010-sp
lvl.2
Flight distance : 479698 ft
United States

I use drones for recreational purposes as well as educational purposes. Multiple times for college I have had projects regarding drone photography. Mainly I use drones for photography/videography and flying them just because they are fun. As a pilot I understand why the FAA and US government wants to put this into place. As a drone pilot I would like to be able to see the location of other drones just as in an airplane I can look at my MFD or PFD and see the location altitude and direction of another aircraft.

My main use is recreational and my main problem with this legislation will be the recurring monthly fees for drone users. Good drones are not cheap and as a rec user I am not receiving any money for flying. The financial cost for flying a drone will just keep getting deeper and deeper without gaining anything out of it. I believe this will push many enthusiasts out of the drone space due to costs or will cause people to fly illegally.

Another problem is that the private companies will be storing my data and charging me. I do not know what these companies plan to do with my data and I do not trust my data with companies that could sell my data to others for financial or other reasons.

There are thousands of drones that are not internet capable or cellular capable. This would ground them eliminating many users. Companies built off of drone kits would cease to exist or will be forced to comply with the regulations. People with lacking cell service in certain areas will be forced to give up their hobby or source of income or forced to use more expensive data plans which they may not be able to afford. If the goal is to hurt the market that’s what this will achieve.

The cost of Remote ID will be put upon the pilots, however the main use for remote ID will be for police and other authorities!! Why would a user pay for this? The FAA had convened 74 stakeholders to act as representatives for the Remote ID Aviation Rulemaking Committee (ARC). The ARC members are law enfacement, telecom providers, airports, security vendors and other people who will gain from the act. This legislation is being fueled bu people who will benefit from it ie, security companies, telecom companies, law enforcement. None of that comes from the business, educational, or recreational users. Now the skewed membership composition did however recommend not having mandatory internet based services. The FAA ignored this statement by the ARC. The FAA has not given a good reason why they want to go to a high cost unfair system.

This proposal has already received intensely negative response from the drone community as well as commercial operators. Compliance rates for this will be lacking and will result in a culture that will not promote compliance to Remote ID. If Remote ID comes out as proposed the drone community and commercial sector will be set back tremendously and all progress we have in the drone space will be hurt.

If Remote ID does come out I really hope it will keep my personal information and all of my data confidential. As I said earlier I would like to see other aircraft and UAS in the area to promote situational awareness.

I strongly urge the FAA to not go about this high cost method unless you want to receive the consequences. Drone flying should be fun and safe, but not intrusive and for profit by the government and corporations.

2020-2-25
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

just like they want to implement remote identification in drones ... that they do it also in cars, motorcycles, bicycles, scooters, buses, trucks, roller skates or anything that can be used as a weapon ... why not ?
2020-2-26
Use props
李菲薛Kitty
lvl.2

United States

Hello nihao : ) - I not like american police much, because I before I move in America all I hear is police brutality and corruption about them. But now, I required provide this much info so they track me and have all my info? I live in Beijing before I move in America and I notice us government get more and more like Chinese government. They seem get more and more control over public untill privacy die completely.  I not going abide by law, because not only is law unfair, unfriendly, but it seem like everything being made cater to police and government and not the people. I thought America was about the public but now I notice it all about the government and police, just like in Beijing, no privacy, police have access to all info of you and never need warrent, and it all about police and government want now what you want and this not fair, I start think in a few year I have move out USA so I escape another China.
2020-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules