Mavic Mini (S) vs Mavic Mini (D)
6818 17 2020-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

I meet a lot of videos where the box with the Mavic Mini shows the inscription "Mavic Mini (S)" and " Mavic Mini (D)", in the US there are both versions, in Canada-Mavic Mini (S), in Brazil - Mavic Mini (S) in Germany - Mavic Mini (D), in Malaysia - Mavic Mini (D). The network is also in a heated discussion about the availability of two versions of the FCC Mavic Mini whose power of 5.8 G differs by 20-30%.

Clarify the situation with the drone versions?

2020-2-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. I will forward this concern of yours to our designated department for clarification. I will surely let you know once we have an update on the said inquiry. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-26
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-26 19:05
There are two models of the Mavic Mini of which I am aware.  These are the MT1SS5 (FCC, 5.8 Ghz) & MT1SD25 (CE, 2.4 & 5.8 Ghz).   For the 5.8 Ghz band, the FCC version output is 30 dBm vs 14 dBm for the CE model.  In 2.4 Ghz mode the CE model output is 19 dBm.  It's easy to see why the FCC version has much better RC range.

This is the problem, on the box MT1SD25 written Mavic Mini (CE), and on the boxes MT1SS5 can be written Mavic Mini (S) or Mavic Mini (D), I think that these are two versions of the FCC drone different firmware.
I watched a lot of videos of unpacking the drone, in the US there are both names, so I want to know if these are two different models and why they have a different name?
2020-2-26
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Who has what is written on the box with the drone, not the combo version?
2020-2-26
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

Alevpi Posted at 2-26 19:56
Who has what is written on the box with the drone, not the combo version?

Посмотрю сегодня, коробка в машине.

I'll see today, the box in the car.
2020-2-26
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine just says Mavic Mini Fly More Combo (NA) On the sticker that has the Serial Number.
Nowhere on the box could I find Mavic Mini (S) or Mavic Mini (D)
2020-2-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My single MM says this on the box

mavic mini label - Copy.jpg
2020-2-26
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Fly More Combo (EU) on my box. No D or S...
2020-2-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I would be *very* surprised to find out that there really are two different FCC models with two different 5.8Ghz powers. DJI has the precise specs for the emission power of the MT1SS5 model on their website, seems like a slam-dunk court case if someone bought it and later found out it's a lower-spec "D" (or "S") model, not mentioned anywhere. I would assume these S and D markings are just some internal DJI stuff.
2020-2-27
Use props
Dmitry Vishnevskiy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 588635 ft
Russia

My Mini is S-revision

2020-2-27
Use props
Newton_UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Duplicate post - don't know how to delete.
2020-2-27
Use props
Newton_UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

There is a 3rd version of the Mavic Mini that weighs around 200g specifically for the Japanese market. I'm not sure if that's based on the FCC or the CE version.
2020-2-27
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Newton_UK Posted at 2-27 04:09
There is a 3rd version of the Mavic Mini that weighs around 200g specifically for the Japanese market. I'm not sure if that's based on the FCC or the CE version.

the only difference in that is a smaller battery afaik
2020-2-27
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Russia

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-27 04:27
Interesting.   This apparently only applies to the base package.  My combo box says "Mavic Mini Fly More Combo (NA)".  As the "NA" certainly means the package is the "North America" version, I wonder if the S or D  designation might be something similar?

In the combo set MT1SS5 = Mavic Mini Fly More Combo (NA), MT1SD25 = Mavic Mini Fly More Combo (EU), I have not seen more options, but everything can be.
2020-2-27
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Maybe the month of production on the label can be more interesting as older Minis seem to suffer from ESC/propeller errors...
2020-2-27
Use props
Newton_UK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-27 04:27
Interesting.   This apparently only applies to the base package.  My combo box says "Mavic Mini Fly More Combo (NA)".  As the "NA" certainly means the package is the "North America" version, I wonder if the S or D designation might be something similar?

And mine says (UK).
2020-2-27
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

My combo box says (EU).
2020-2-27
Use props
Arthur94
New