Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OTG cable dosent work?
2488 12 2020-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remember seeing an update a while ago saying that OTG cables were now compatiable with spark controller, I was pretty excited. However, when I finally tried to connect my phone to the controller, it wouldnt work. I looked at my phone notifications, and it wasnt connected and transfering data to the controller, it was attempting to charge the controller? It said that a "High power drain device is conncected", and it wouldnt show up on my screen that the drone was ready to fly. Is there any way to fix this? Ive had this problem before where the android os decides that it has to charge evrything that it is connected to.
2020-2-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try to use a different USB communication cable to see if the problem persists? The cable must be a data cable not a charging cable for us to make sure that it will transmit data. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-2-26
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi there,

You may have connected the cable the wrong way round. The end marked "HOST" goes into the remote controller, the other end goes into your phone.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-2-27
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

When the controller connects to the Spark, your phone should think it is being charged. Mine always reminds me that if I connect it to its own charger it would charge faster. Very helpful. If your phone does not charge from the remote, try swapping ends of the cable.
2020-2-29
Use props
ManOfSand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1736883 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-26 13:09
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please try to use a different USB communication cable to see if the problem persists? The cable must be a data cable not a charging cable for us to make sure that it will transmit data. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I see, this whole time i was using a charging cable rather than a data cable, which i never knew was a variant of a cable. I always thought that a charger cable was universal, thank you for your help!
2020-3-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

ManOfSand Posted at 3-3 12:37
I see, this whole time i was using a charging cable rather than a data cable, which i never knew was a variant of a cable. I always thought that a charger cable was universal, thank you for your help!

You're welcome and we're glad that you already isolate the issue you had before. Happy flying always!
2020-3-3
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried a different cable, sometimes that could be your problem.
2020-3-14
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

ManOfSand Posted at 3-3 12:37

If it was the charger cable, that did come with the phone, that will not get you anywhere.
even if it IS most likely also a data cable.

You need an USB-OTG cable.
Or an OTG-adapter, to plug in an usb cable
And that one NEEDS to be plugged into the RC with the side, that is charging the phone!
(If micro on micro)
So best thing to do, visit the Bay or the south american river, and look out for USB otg cable for DJI Spark, Mavic.
And I suggest you get 90 degree versions!
2020-3-15
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 3-15 07:30
If it was the charger cable, that did come with the phone, that will not get you anywhere.
even if it IS most likely also a data cable.

Phone charging is only an issue with android.
It doesn't happen on iOS devices.
2020-3-21
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

bjr981s Posted at 3-21 06:05
Phone charging is only an issue with android.
It doesn't happen on iOS devices.

Apple is finnaly supporting OTG?? wasn't for a long time...
2020-4-4
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

make sure it's not just a charging cable , it has to be a data cable .
2020-4-6
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

darkfull1 Posted at 4-4 08:46
Apple is finnaly supporting OTG?? wasn't for a long time...

Apple has always supported the OTG. I used it from day 1. It was DJI that advertised they were not supporting OTG.
2020-4-28
Use props
djiuser_cADt6brDFHg5
New

Vietnam

Rankie OTG cable works with a variety of devices and operating systems. It makes Android and Windows-powered gadgets hosts for connecting keyboards, hard drives, gaming consoles, card readers, and more.
2021-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules