Stolen Inspire1
4576 13 2020-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregory young
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38284 ft
New Zealand

Hi. Guy's, I'm hoping someone may be able to help me. I sold my Inspire 1 (one I brought from DJI when they were the first ones shipped out of the factory) I sold it online and the guy that brought it sent me confirmation of the deposit he made into my account which looked genuine, so I let him take it (silly me). So my question is, is there a way to know where it is on the app, even though I can't connect it to the controller? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers in advance.  
2020-2-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day gregory young. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we are unable to track ( block ) your stolen DJI Inspire 1. We recommend that you report this issue to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident. Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.
2020-2-28
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-28 09:49
Hello and good day gregory young. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we are unable to track ( block ) your stolen DJI Inspire 1. We recommend that you report this issue to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of this incident. Hoping we could do more, we apologize. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

Okay. Thank you Stephen for the response.
2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

gregory young Posted at 2-28 10:57
Okay. Thank you Stephen for the response.

You are very much welcome gregory young. Again I am sorry for your lose and please stay safe always.
2020-2-29
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

so very sorry for your loss!  wish there was a way that DJI could track their drones from people like that.
2020-5-11
Use props
Dirt Buster
lvl.1
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 5-11 04:49
so very sorry for your loss!  wish there was a way that DJI could track their drones from people like that.

No you don’t.  Because then that would mean they would be able to track anyone’s drone around the world if they don’t already.  Remember, this is a Communist country, where you have no privacy.  They control everything and only give you what THEY, meaning Xi Ping, allow you to have.  If this happened in China, they could and most likely do track every drone in that country.  Be careful what you wish for.
2020-5-16
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Dirt Buster Posted at 5-16 00:12
No you don’t.  Because then that would mean they would be able to track anyone’s drone around the world if they don’t already.  Remember, this is a Communist country, where you have no privacy.  They control everything and only give you what THEY, meaning Xi Ping, allow you to have.  If this happened in China, they could and most likely do track every drone in that country.  Be careful what you wish for.

Not sure why being able to find the location of a drone is anything but a good thing.
2020-7-10
Use props
Okilien
New

Netherlands

Recently I also decided to sell and good that I found this topic. Now I'll be more careful...
2020-7-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read that  
2020-7-31
Use props
Mike252
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Did you have any luck finding your drone or thief? If you are still looking you can go to the Kittyhawk website, they have a realtime activity map that actually tracks and locates the type of drone and area that it’s flying in. Hope this helps!
Good luck!
2020-8-24
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

No, no luck getting it back. It's in the hands of the police fraud squad here now, but going by the time passed since lodging it with them, I don't think I'll get it back.
Thanks for the info. I'll check that out.
2020-8-24
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25617 ft
United States

That royally stinks! I hope it goes haywire and shaves the hair off their head! Just a good object lesson, make sure the funds are in your hands (or the bank) before handing over the goods.
2020-9-5
Use props
gregory young
lvl.1
New Zealand

Kentucky_Ranger Posted at 9-5 06:40
That royally stinks! I hope it goes haywire and shaves the hair off their head! Just a good object lesson, make sure the funds are in your hands (or the bank) before handing over the goods.

Haha. that would be satisfying. Unfortunately, they sent me a bank deposit receipt that looked genuine, so I put trust in that. But yes it is a lesson learnt to wait to see the money show up in your bank account.
2020-9-5
Use props
davidbrooks0btinternet.com
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Really sorry to hear about your loss Greg, these type of people make me sick. Let’s hope he gets his bad karma.
2020-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules