Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem Cell on P4p
1397 6 2020-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattjuk47
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38399 ft

United Kingdom

Hi folks
I bought th8s drone second hand with 16 hrs flight time, it came with 3 geniune P4P high voltage batteries,
On flying today after charging following being stored at 50% for a week one of the batteries  flagged up on remote bad cell cannot take off, all 4 lights were solid, but looking on go app once cell was 3.96, can this be cured or is it dead and needs to go back, i doubt it is covered as i bought second hand, its only had 16 charges.

Matt
20200227_103126.jpg
2020-2-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. If an Intelligent Battery has been stored for an extended period, but it has not been charged and discharged, its protection board cannot balance the battery’s cells sufficiently to avoid a significant voltage difference. When the voltage difference exceeds the safe threshold, the battery’s cells will become damaged. I would recommend to kindly please discharge the battery to 5% then charge it again. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-27
Use props
mattj47
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Paladin,
Thanks for the reply, I have got it currently on the DJI multiple charger and I have set it to discharge, once it gets to storage level I will put it in the drone and run the battery down, thanks again for the info, I will post back once I have done this.
Matt
2020-2-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mattj47 Posted at 2-27 15:58
Hi DJI Paladin,
Thanks for the reply, I have got it currently on the DJI multiple charger and I have set it to discharge, once it gets to storage level I will put it in the drone and run the battery down, thanks again for the info, I will post back once I have done this.
Matt

You are more than welcome. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-27
Use props
mattjuk47
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all just an update, I was unable to fix the cell, I could not get it to discharge below 20% so I used it on drone, with no props, it suddenly dropped to zero, so I recharged after it rested and the cell went go above 4.1 and in the app it says broken cell return to dji
So I guess the battery has had its day, which is a shame as it's only had 16 charges.
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mattjuk47 Posted at 2-29 05:43
Hi all just an update, I was unable to fix the cell, I could not get it to discharge below 20% so I used it on drone, with no props, it suddenly dropped to zero, so I recharged after it rested and the cell went go above 4.1 and in the app it says broken cell return to dji
So I guess the battery has had its day, which is a shame as it's only had 16 charges.

Thank you for the additional information, I have sent you a message via PM, Please check at your most convenient time. Thank you.
2020-2-29
Use props
mattjuk47
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-29 09:03
Thank you for the additional information, I have sent you a message via PM, Please check at your most convenient time. Thank you.

Hi i did reply to your private message, but havent heard back.
Hope all is ok, thanks for reaching out.
Matt
2020-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules